TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

50 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

this song is a forgotten classic

This sounds like a Chromatica song with Azealia Banks doing the verses

I swear i'm not crazy, this is literally the vibe i get😭

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

48 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

But honestly my opinion on this material is too biased, just knowing that Sky wasn't wanting to pursue this sound herself makes it feel even more fake (for me)

I think people really overreact when talking about this era, she liked most of the songs she was making back then and got to work with some of her idols like Bloodshy & Avant and Linda Perry. Although she really hated Obsession which she didn't write or want to record in the first place. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

59 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

this song is a forgotten classic

this song always makes me laugh because it was her first ep like babe...who are these haters you speak of...

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

46 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

For a reason lol. Even the title is so ...of it's time.

ONE sounds like baby's first hyperpop though so I can't speak I'll on it. 

But honestly my opinion on this material is too biased, just knowing that Sky wasn't wanting to pursue this sound herself makes it feel even more fake (for me)

her myspace demos were extremely electro pop tho, like maybe this is because i'm older and remember sky pre ghost era but she straight up pulled " the label made me do this sound and i hate it " out of a hat randomly one day. 

she basically begged bloodshy to get her signed and work with her 

4 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I think people really overreact when talking about this era, she liked most of the songs she was making back then and got to work with some of her idols like Bloodshy & Avant and Linda Perry. Although she really hated Obsession which she didn't write or want to record in the first place. 

this ^ she wanted to make an electro pop record and the narratives been so twisted at this point mainly by her changing the story over and over 

1 minute ago, HEARTCORE said:

this song always makes me laugh because it was her first ep like babe...who are these haters you speak of...

wasn't she feuding with everyone on twitter lol 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

her myspace demos were extremely electro pop tho, like maybe this is because i'm older and remember sky pre ghost era but she straight up pulled " the label made me do this sound and i hate it " out of a hat randomly one day. 

she basically begged bloodshy to get her signed and work with her 

this ^ she wanted to make an electro pop record and the narratives been so twisted at this point mainly by her changing the story over and over 

This, let us not forget:

SKY REALLY WANTED AN ELECTRO POP DEBUT ALBUM

SKY REALLY WANTED TO WORK WITH HIGH PROFILE SONGWRITERS

SKY REALLY WANTED TO WORK WITH BIG BUDGET PRODUCERS LIKE BLOODSHY & AVANT

Sky twisted everything once the Ghost era started and said that the electropop was not the music she wanted to create and she wasn't feeling it (even though she just released Lost In My Bedroom lol).

She really gives me the feeling that she just doesn't know which sound is HER SOUND. 

She capture lightning in a bottle with the NTMT sound and now she's having a hard time trying to create something in line with that sound but at the same time not recreating it 100% exactly and trying to innovate and have a current sound at the same time. That's one big reason why she hasn't pressured a sophomore release, she is scare of a sophomore slump.

Sadly, the longer she waits, the harder she might disappoint all the critics that are expecting a solid effort.

Anyway, Slie Ferriera is a liar, a lazy artist and pretty mediocre at this point of her 13+ years musical career. But at least we all know that once the music is out, we will be happy and begging for more.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

37 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

This, let us not forget:

Sky twisted everything once the Ghost era started and said that the electropop was not the music she wanted to create and she wasn't feeling it (even though she just released Lost In My Bedroom lol).

She really gives me the feeling that she just doesn't know which sound is HER SOUND. 

She capture lightning in a bottle with the NTMT sound and now she's having a hard time trying to create something in line with that sound but at the same time not recreating it 100% exactly and trying to innovate and have a current sound at the same time. That's one big reason why she hasn't pressured a sophomore release, she is scare of a sophomore slump.

Sadly, the longer she waits, the harder she might disappoint all the critics that are expecting a solid effort.

Anyway, Slie Ferriera is a liar, a lazy artist and pretty mediocre at this point of her 13+ years musical career. But at least we all know that once the music is out, we will be happy and begging for more.

i dont want to sound like a hater, but i've been reading so many "conspiracy theories" like these lately about sky, on LB, on twitter, discord, reddit...

And the fact that there's a point like - she can release music, rough demos, anything BY HERSELF to soundcloud, like she's not the only artist i know who has issues with their labels, but these artists still managed to find anyway to put their music really out there, meanwhile Sky couldnt, it's strange to think abou it. I'm talking about a 9-year timespan

And i start to think what if what Halsey said about her was actually true... like - the dots are connecting :oprah2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

13 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i dont want to sound like a hater, but i've been reading so many "conspiracy theories" like these lately.

And i start to think what if what Halsey said about her was actually true... like - the dots are connecting :oprah2:

It is kinda true, Sky is lazy and unprofessional af.

The only thing that isn't true is that Sky grew up rich, she really didn't, and she still not rich

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

19 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i dont want to sound like a hater, but i've been reading so many "conspiracy theories" like these lately.

3 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

It is kinda true, Sky is lazy and unprofessional af.

The only thing that isn't true is that Sky grew up rich, she really didn't, and she still not rich

Yup, sadly everything that Halsey said is true. 

But I agree, Sky don't come from a rich upbringing, but she had a bit of support by Michael Jackson somehow. 

Maybe not economically but contact wise. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, EXODUS said:

Yup, sadly everything that Halsey said is true. 

But I agree, Sky don't come from a rich upbringing, but she had a bit of support by Michael Jackson somehow. 

Maybe not economically but contact wise. 

yep she might not be that "spoiled rich girl" halsey talked about  but everything else... really worth considering... :judgingu:

anyway i wish her the best, and if the album is seeing the light  of day, i'm streaming, buying the fuck out of it. Like for real.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, sweetener said:

Ghost EP still not being available on Spotify NL is a joke :rip:

like I thought it would be released everywhere and not still geo blocked in 2022 but I guess NOT! :biblio:

now that's a hatecrime

30 minutes ago, sweetener said:

Ghost EP still not being available on Spotify NL is a joke :rip:

like I thought it would be released everywhere and not still geo blocked in 2022 but I guess NOT! :biblio:

I'm pissed that the "As If - EP" is not available on Spotify. That sucks hard.

31 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

yep she might not be that "spoiled rich girl" halsey talked about  but everything else... really worth considering... :judgingu:

anyway i wish her the best, and if the album is seeing the light  of day, i'm streaming, buying the fuck out of it. Like for real.

Yup, she is just a "spoiled midclass girl" haha

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:
Spoiler

This, let us not forget:

It's giving me Halsey and her 'dark' past when in reality she was daddy's girl listening to 1D. I'm shocked how they never were friends. 

It's not embarrassing at all to be into different stuff. Alt kids and adults are so embarrassed by their 'basic' past as if we all became cool grunge kids as soon as we entered middle school. I'm leaning to alt since 15 and I joke about my basic tumblr girl galaxy swag phase from middle school. It's called growing up and finding yourself. 

I also understand Sky at that age and as a fresh celeb wanting to distance herself from that phase when she realized it wasn't who she was. It's also an age where many people are at their edgiest because they're not kids anymore but not mature either. It's also a better marketing strategy to act like she transformed herself from a basic bitch to a cool authentic rock chick. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

33 minutes ago, shady said:

It's giving me Halsey and her 'dark' past when in reality she was daddy's girl listening to 1D. I'm shocked how they never were friends. 

This. But maybe they are way too alike and that's why they clashed.

1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

This. But maybe they are way too alike and that's why they clashed.

When people have the same toxic traits they may clash lmao. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

7 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Oh, I'm only speaking for myself! 

For me, it's just amazing that this talented beautiful girl that they were trying to doll up into a typical popgirl was really this awkward, painfully shy girl (Now woman) that broke through with more of a cool loser, old school meets contemporary, edgy persona. 

Granted, I was never there at the start (earliest song i heard was Obsession and im not sure how I feel about it now but I once loved it) so I don't know if my impression is off and rose colored tint of discovering her stuff and the Legend of Masochism.

I'd actually love to hear about the early days from fans!  

Mainly because I'm running out of Sky content and does she even do interviews???