Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

21 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I'll never get the narrative so many push that BB is (one of) her strongest lyrically. To me BB is her worst album lyrically (and worst album in general). BTD, UV and Honeymoon, etc are lyrically Far superior than this album, and it's not even close. I know people have their own taste and opinions but I genuinely think that people that find songs like Blue Banisters or Text Book or whatever better lyrically than songs like Off To The Races, Terrence Loves You or Heroin have bad taste. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I just genuinely think those opinions show a bad taste level :toofunny:

at the end of the day it's subjective, but i feel like her songwriting was so much better during the earlier albums, a lot of her songwriting is more straightforward and personal, which i can respect, but the descriptiveness, depth, beauty, and worldbuilding of the earlier albums just can't be beat, her songwriting on songs such as off to the races, bel air, ultraviolence, honeymoon, and countless other songs are just so much more interesting and impactful lyrically

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

Exactly

either or honestly theyre on the same level i like kintsugi more because the title and concept is cooler meanwhile fingertips is just like Ok i have 5 minutes lets cram my entire life story into one song

2 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

NOTG, LL, Dealer, Wildflower Wildfire, CB, and Thunder all deserved better homes like seriously: NOTG, LL, CB, and Thunder should've been saved for the imminent unreleased compilation (i'm high on copium i know) and Wildflower Wildfire should've been saved for Ocean Blvd and given better production by Jack Antonoff (You can all hate me idgaf COTCC was a rough patch.) and it should've replaced Fingertips

Let's keep it simple, babe
We can't afford to change it

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

at the end of the day it's subjective, but i feel like her songwriting was so much better during the earlier albums, a lot of her songwriting is more straightforward and personal, which i can respect, but the descriptiveness, depth, beauty, and worldbuilding of the earlier albums just can't be beat, her songwriting on songs such as off to the races, bel air, ultraviolence, honeymoon, and countless other songs are just so much more interesting and impactful lyrically

Although I do love the songwriting on Ocean Blvd, I agree. She still has it in her though, Candy Necklace proved that to me.

qfrWuBl.png

Just now, Let the Light In said:

Let's keep it simple, babe
We can't afford to change it

I HATE THIS SONG I HATE THIS SONG I HATE THIS SONG I HATE THIS SONG I HATE THI

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

this is what i miss about lanas music that isnt in the new record either. i need her to go back to world building n leave the straightforward and personal writing to her poetry. 

Just now, margaret soty said:

this way I listen to Blue Banisters

If You Lie Down With Me → B&VFR SKIP → Dealer to Cherry Blossom 

the way i have beautiful and vfr hidden on the album 💀

Just now, mlittle11 said:

this is what i miss about lanas music that isnt in the new record either. i need her to go back to world building n leave the straightforward and personal writing to her poetry. 

She needs to have someone thats willing to argue with her in the studio again im sorry we need someone to be like "This sucks come up with something better" so she can actually come up with something better... i LOVE and ADORE ocean blvd but it feels like she's been in her artistic comfort zone since COTCC and she needs to find someone to break her out of that comfort zone like dan did with UV. im not saying bring back dan as that would kinda ruin the mystique and individuality ultraviolence has in her discography, but im saying she needs to find someone that was willing to fight with her to make great art like dan was

either that or she needs to remember how to pop her pussy

i genuinely like bb and think its a great album. not her best, but also not her worst. all the songs are enjoyable and while its not sonically cohesive at times, it sticks to a clear theme and flows nicely. i feel like most people don't like it bc its probably her most stripped back and unpolished record plus people don't seem to like that she used leaked songs untouched (altho people would be angry if she reworked them too so theres no winning!) overall it kind of reminds me of carly simon's boys in the trees album. i think in a few years the fans will come around to this one just like they do for every other record of hers.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

yes exactly n thats why i try to not fault her for this album :true: she wasnt exactly proud of it either. but im still a huge hater bc i KNOW lana can do a million times better n it felt like she chose to make a horrible record with this one. 

No she is at fault because she could’ve easily made this an unreleased album that “tells her story” she didn’t need to put some of her worst songs of all time on it:air:

1. I Talk to Jesus

2. Lake Placid

3. Pawn Shop Blues

4. Wild One

5. Thunder

6. Dealer

7. Nectar of the Gods

8. Cherry Blossom

9. California (2015)

10. If You Lie Down With Me

11. Afraid

12. Driving in Cars With Boys (uv version)

13. Dragonslayer 

(Maybe add 2-3 unleaked songs) 

Not a real tracklist bc I literally threw this together in 5 minutes but it would be a cute

unreleased album that took half as much effort as bb and the fans would actually enjoy it while she gets to “tell her story” lmao:bye:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

also... i have to say it... her song lyrics are infinitely more poetic compared to her actual poetry :pout: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

No she is at fault because she could’ve easily made this an unreleased album that “tells her story” she didn’t need to put some of her worst songs of all time on it:air:

1. I Talk to Jesus

2. Lake Placid

3. Pawn Shop Blues

4. Wild One

5. Thunder

6. Dealer

7. Nectar of the Gods

8. Cherry Blossom

9. California (2015)

10. If You Lie Down With Me

11. Afraid

12. Driving in Cars With Boys (uv version)

13. Dragonslayer 

(Maybe add 2-3 unleaked songs) 

Not a real tracklist bc I literally threw this together in 5 minutes but it would be a cute

unreleased album that took half as much effort as bb and the fans would actually enjoy it while she gets to “tell her story” lmao:bye:

holy shit yeah of all the UV/Tropico era songs she put on BB she didnt even consider Lake Placid??? silly of her. it wouldn't even need a rework too 

lana del rey please snort one line of coke and watch a movie please 

White Dress was the superior "honest vocal take" song (in comparison to Arcadia). Agreed with @Lindsay Lohan that the concept of BBS is silly to me, but I think the audience is targeted more at an American woman, well, some of them. Glad we got Wildflower Wildfire, Dealer, and Living Legend. I think Cherry Blossom deserved a spot elsewhere, or maybe some type of rework :um2:. There are some sweet spots on this record, but it seems more of a background noise accompaniment to her poetry book (playing on vinyl in the back, as you read). The album cover was nicely shot though....

Just now, SoftwareUpgrade said:

White Dress was the superior "honest vocal take" song (in comparison to Arcadia). Agreed with @Lindsay Lohan that the concept of BBS is silly to me, but I think the audience is targeted more at an American woman, well, some of them. Glad we got Wildflower Wildfire, Dealer, and Living Legend. I think Cherry Blossom deserved a spot elsewhere, or maybe some type of rework :um2:. There are some sweet spots on this record, but it seems more of a background noise accompaniment to her poetry book (playing on vinyl in the back, as you read). The album cover was nicely shot though....

I’m an American Woman and BBS is my least favorite song by her and I think the concept is dumb, anytime Lana tries to prove she “doesn’t care about the critics” by writing a song about it I just roll my eyes lmao that’s why I can’t enjoy grandfather fully either

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・