LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, the ocean said:

is there anything about honeymoon that isn’t perfect

Hide contents

the answer is no :true:

Probably the fact that we don't have any outtakes yet :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

16 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

My only hope for LDR9 is that she doesn’t release a single super early. She said less than a month ago she wasn’t sure where the album was going, and since then BOZ has said we don’t have to wait long for new music. 

NFR was extremely excruciating.

Exactly this.

Maybe this is a universal thing, but when singles and records are spaced super far apart from one another, I have a tendency to subconsciously separate the two which makes it harder for me to appreciate an entire tracklist as one body of work. 

This is just a personal preference, but I love when artists drop a single or two less than a month before the release date. I feel like it’s the perfect amount of time needed to sustain hype without releasing too much of the tracklist beforehand. My dream timeline (other than a surprise release :ma:)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

8 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Exactly this.

Maybe this is a universal thing, but when singles and record are spaced super far apart from one another, I have a tendency to subconsciously separate the two which makes it harder for me to appreciate an entire tracklist as one body of work. 

This is just a personal preference, but I love when artists drop a single or two less than a month before the release date. I feel like it’s the perfect amount of time needed to sustain hype without releasing too much of the tracklist beforehand. My dream timeline (other than a surprise release :ma:)

I do the exact same thing! MAC/VB, and the trio are completely separate from the albums in my head. I know she probably isn’t allowed to becuase of her label, but I’ve always thought she’d thrive releasing singles and not have them tied to an album. She’s said so many times she wishes she could do one offs, but never has. 

The only single she’s released far out that hasn’t felt separate from the album is Love, but I think I subconsciously know that was pure sabotage and she had no intent to release it 5 months out. She (or her team) said in an interview it had an April release date. 

"Don’t forget me"

Being afraid of another NFR trauma to replicate again is our tradition in every pre-release era ever since on LB :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Being afraid of another NFR situation to replicate again is now our traditional in every pre-release era. :hair:

it’s worse when magazines gave it a March release date (which I’m not overly mad about since Lana herself never gave the March date) and the random tweet from one of her burner accounts “album is done but who knows when it’s coming out” in like March :rip:

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

it’s worse when magazines gave it a March release date (which I’m not overly mad about since Lana herself never gave the March date) and the random tweet from one of her burner accounts “album is done but who knows when it’s coming out” in like March :rip:

I forgot about this:toofunny: or the “Seafoam Nova…dropping Tuesday” from that marketing manager with radio/recording ties…praying we don’t endure this again lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I forgot about this:toofunny: or the “Seafoam Nova…dropping Tuesday” from that marketing manager with radio/recording ties…praying we don’t endure this again lol

seafoam nova... comtemplating at costco - the santa clarita fires... dolphin flower... secret gardens & luscious blooms... the fake song titles from the cotcc pre-release era were amazing :thumb:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

leak contemplating at costco!!! we need more cocc outtakes!!!!!! :ma:

still the psychedelic deep-south desert rock mazzy star 10-minute masterpiece that never was :eartha2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

11 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Being afraid of another NFR trauma to replicate again is our tradition in every pre-release era ever since on LB :hair:

I will gladly experience it again if she delivers something similar to NFR :true:

Just now, Niko Dealergo said:

to spice it up, she even put out fuckloads of insta snippets + a whole (piano) live performance of HTD in studio quality.

The way that we heard > 90% HIAB through her snippets only is terrifying. 12/14 songs were known, 6/14 were official singles/promo singles, 7/14 were fully heard. 

Not to mention the whole thing was leaked 2 weeks before the album :oprah2: 

Imagine the impact that NFR could have had if we havent heard any snippets or anything more than MAC/VB? Imagine how we could have enjoyed this whole body of work from start to finish without this traumatized meltdown, leaks, singles, snippets which torally ruined the hype?

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

seafoam nova... comtemplating at costco - the santa clarita fires... dolphin flower... secret gardens & luscious blooms... the fake song titles from the cotcc pre-release era were amazing :thumb:

Omg these titles are unearthing emotions I forgot I had:bebe:

This was for NFR, but I will never forget checking LanaBoards when I worked at Chili’s and seeing Darla’s “in the cockpit” lyrics…honestly, maybe she’ll return for a LDR9 tease. It kept things interesting:oprah3:

Sylvia Plath 

6 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

what was this? i think i forgot

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

what was this? i think i forgot

ilXiZEo.jpg

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

what if costco was lanas dealer? :wat:

please don’t:karaoke:

try to find me through my Costco:trisha:

Sylvia Plath 

16 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I’ve always thought she’d thrive releasing singles and not have them tied to an album. She’s said so many times she wishes she could do one offs, but never has. 

i ABSOLUTELY agree. there are multiple songs that are on a certain album that don't necessarily fit it, and she could easily just release them as solo singles. similar to that, there are so many unreleased music she just doesn't seem to find an album to put it, just release it as a single! in my head serial killer and yes to heaven are one offs