Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

to spice it up, she even put out fuckloads of insta snippets + a whole (piano) live performance of HTD in studio quality.

The way that we heard > 90% HIAB through her snippets only is terrifying. 12/14 songs were known, 6/14 were official singles/promo singles, 7/14 were fully heard. 

Not to mention the whole thing was leaked 2 weeks before the album :oprah2: 

Imagine the impact that NFR could have had if we havent heard any snippets or anything more than MAC/VB? Imagine how we could have enjoyed this whole body of work from start to finish without this traumatized meltdown, leaks, singles, snippets which torally ruined the hype?

I really do think the rollout is the reason it’s my least favorite album. NFR has some of my favorite songs she’s ever recorded, but the wait soured it completely for me. Like sure some of the songs seem a little weak for her, but they’re still good tracks. 

I was really afraid BB was going to be a repeat when we got the singles in May and then she didn’t say anything about either false release date. And then her “single soonish album later later” terrified me :thumb2:

all LDR9 has to do is have a smooth rollout, that’s it 

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

i ABSOLUTELY agree. there are multiple songs that are on a certain album that don't necessarily fit it, and she could easily just release them as solo singles. similar to that, there are so many unreleased music she just doesn't seem to find an album to put it, just release it as a single! in my head serial killer and yes to heaven are one offs

i remember right after LFL dropped she said she was going to release BAR/Yosemite as little folk singles and I was so upset she never did, but at least the did find their homes. 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

to spice it up, she even put out fuckloads of insta snippets + a whole (piano) live performance of HTD in studio quality.

The way that we heard > 90% HIAB through her snippets only is terrifying. 12/14 songs were known, 6/14 were official singles/promo singles, 7/14 were fully heard. 

Not to mention the whole thing was leaked 2 weeks before the album :oprah2: 

I’m determined to not hear any major leaks/snippets this time around. If she downloads Instagram again to tease LDR9’s tracklist I will simply remove the app because I have no self-control:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I remember exactly where I was when she gave that BBC Radio 1 interview and released MAC and VB. I had a business meeting late in the evening, took the bus to get back home, it was already dark and I listened to both songs while looking out of the window, ignoring everybody around me. It was very special and that feeling somehow passed over to the whole record. So as long as the songs are great, I don‘t mind waiting a bit longer for the record :flutter:

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m determined to not hear any major leaks/snippets this time around. If she downloads Instagram again to tease LDR9’s tracklist I will simply remove the app because I have no self-control:true:

The way I would log onto the web version of Instagram because I have no self-control either 

4-DC41-F98-98-E3-4054-902-F-EB3481-F812-

Just now, Stargirls Dealer said:

The way I would log onto the web version of Instagram because I have no self-control either 

4-DC41-F98-98-E3-4054-902-F-EB3481-F812-

caption: lana del london perpetually nodding forever because of our lack of self control

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think the album needs to have a quick rollout but i don’t think it should start until at least the fall

lana needs a break :true:

I already have my mind set on a June album lol so I don’t wish for it to come out in the fall… I sure hope that the album is pretty much done and submitted to her record company when we get the hear the first single… I’m never a big fan of never ending pre-releases… 

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

I remember exactly where I was when she gave that BBC Radio 1 interview and released MAC and VB. I had a business meeting late in the evening, took the bus to get back home, it was already dark and I listened to both songs while looking out of the window, ignoring everybody around me. It was very special and that feeling somehow passed over to the whole record. So as long as the songs are great, I don‘t mind waiting a bit longer for the record :flutter:

Still to this day, I’m wondering how the world would have collapsed if she never had released Venice Bitch as a single, if we had discovered it in the context of the album, like 13 Beaches, Heroin or Black Bathing Suit. And yet, that near-10 minute masterpiece is what held my hype until the release of damn NFR… 

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think the album needs to have a quick rollout but i don’t think it should start until at least the fall

I’m really curious how much of the album she has already. Like..does she have a single song (potentially DNC)? Or closer to a handful?

I just find it odd that she would be wearing potential merch references with only a song or two in mind…not to mention that the LDR Village email claims that there are already surprises and drops planned…we’ve been given fake dates before but lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m really curious how much of the album she has already. Like..does she have a single song (potentially DNC)? Or closer to a handful?

I just find it odd that she would be wearing potential merch references with only a song or two in mind…not to mention that the LDR Village email claims that there are already surprises and drops planned…we’ve been given fake dates before but lol

I really think that the lead single is the song BoZ teased with the « sweet like rock Candy » lyrics. And the beach reference ties almost too perfectly with the DNC logo… 

plus I really believe BoZ is tied to the music industry and got the chance to hear some parts if not the whole song in a « This is what’s coming in the next year for those artists » kinda meeting. And let’s not forget he had lots of info about the lead / promo singles in the previous era…

This is probably going to be controversial, and I’m absolutely not trying to downplay her or the work she does, but I don’t really think she ‘needs’ to take a break, and I think the album should just come when it’s done. 

Yes, she for sure works super hard writing, recording, and mastering..but it’s not like she’s constantly overworked and going on endless tours and doing mad promo. Her last couple eras have been very ‘let the music do the work’ and aside from a couple of videos, interviews, and photoshoots she really hasn’t had to do much. And she said in October she wasn’t touring so she could focus on writing so I don’t think she even wants to take a break

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, COCC said:

The good old times where I wasn‘t afraid of her interviews with BBC :cryney2:

I think I would have a heart attack if we heard she was doing another BBC interview for this upcoming era :wat:

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana showing us the new merch while knowing the new record is coming in 2024

bootlegjon-emma.gif

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:

This is probably going to be controversial, and I’m absolutely not trying to downplay her or the work she does, but I don’t really think she ‘needs’ to take a break, and I think the album should just come when it’s done. 

Yes, she for sure works super hard writing, recording, and mastering..but it’s not like she’s constantly overworked and going on endless tours and doing mad promo. Her last couple eras have been very ‘let the music do the work’ and aside from a couple of videos, interviews, and photoshoots she really hasn’t had to do much. And she said in October she wasn’t touring so she could focus on writing so I don’t think she even wants to take a break

I agree, I think she knows when she needs a break versus when it keeps her going to create in all forms. It seems cathartic to her! And I’m grateful for it :)

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really think that the lead single is the song BoZ teased with the « sweet like rock Candy » lyrics. And the beach reference ties almost too perfectly with the DNC logo… 

plus I really believe BoZ is tied to the music industry and got the chance to hear some parts if not the whole song in a « This is what’s coming in the next year for those artists » kinda meeting. And let’s not forget he had lots of info about the lead / promo singles in the previous era…

Agreed!! With the other insider claiming her next record is going in a different direction, I almost wonder if they’ve heard more than one song (like the “rock candy” one) or if they’re just assuming the entire album will sound like that single…much to think about..

Sylvia Plath 

18 minutes ago, the ocean said:

she's a workaholic who won't stop until she reaches her personal milestone. I don't think she's overworked and most certainly enjoys being busy and feeding us good music. In a way I can relate to her, the less time I have to waste, the happier I am.

D.png

I mean, is it crazy to wish we get the album soon?

I know we would love a full era, but is that what Lana wants? Some of her most recent moves as an artist says otherwise, but at the same time she's very unpredictable. I would love if we got something similar to Lust for Life's rollout (and even a tour) but is it really possible? A quick release with almost zero promo followed by total radio silence seems to make sense, as it happened with Chemtrails and Banisters so, is it delusional to expect something else? 

Sometimes, it does feel like Lana wants to change the way she does the rollout promo for her releases (including filming a bunch of music videos) but it never happens. Could it be because of the label not trusting in Lana's ideas? Or does she simply feel disconnected from one project when starts working on another and just moves on from the previous mindset? :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

4 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I agree, I think she knows when she needs a break versus when it keeps her going to create in all forms. It seems cathartic to her! And I’m grateful for it :)

So true, I mean she’s on a break as we speak. She told us she wanted to keep her circle a little bit closer, and with the tragedy of her grandmum on top of that, Lana’s taking the time she needs to process everything. When she comes back we’ll know she means business (and is therefore coming for our wallets :trisha:)