Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

fixed :kiss2:

go spread your transphobia and enbiphobia somewhere else

I know personally that Miss Lana hates the non-binary rats, but pop off. 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
do not be disrespectful towards the non-binary community x

9 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

I'm thinking about what these ten years have meant for the industry and how much has changed in terms of the consumption of music and in particular, artists. There was such a "big push" behind Lana. Sure, she was one of the first to be propelled via the internet and YouTube but she was after all already signed to Polydor when she first uploaded "Video Games" in May of 2011. I miss the magazine covers we purchased in stores, and the slew of television programs an up and coming artist like Lana was expected to work. Those pesky interviews from mid 2011 to early 2012, where she'd either get upset and walk out on the interviewer or make up some bold-faced that would be thoroughly investigated later on Lipstick Alley. TV is dead now. Music forums are dead. Most shops have reduced the amount of physical magazines they sell. SO much has changed. I'm sad. And yeah, the they/thems weren't around back then, so that was nice, too.

Go back to 2012 and don’t come back 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

7 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

Please do not associate hatred and harmful rhetoric of this kind with Lana Del Rey — especially on the day we celebrate Born to Die’s decade-long (and counting) legacy. 

No negativity and disrespectful language in the 10 Years of Born to Die thread thank u xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

Who hurt you :aw:

2 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

Miss Lana's just an old school liberal, confused by all the nonsense as most above the age of 25 are. 

Anyway, I'm post-banned so I'll shut my snout now. 

why aren't you banned already hideous monstrosity 

I love you Born to Die. You’re my ride or die. A classic. A legend. Thank you for Radio, This Is What Makes Us Girls, and Video Games. I’ll love you forever.

Signed,

Max

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

just gonna spoiler this so whoever is skimming this thread is still reminded of positivity (or positive negativity in my case)

Spoiler

many of my friends are non-binary and/or trans and i myself don't fully subscribe to the gender binary as i'm very loose about my gender expression and i've seen the harassment they have experienced on a day to day basis so i'm particularly hurt by those comments made..... also many of those friends have also been touched by lana's music so i find it both offensive and disrespectful to associate such hatred with a source of positivity for many people including myself

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I'm gonna give you guys funny story.

In middle school one of class bitches from my class asked who is my favourite artist. I said that Lana is and all class bitches started attacking me that I'm immature, childish and "they listen Lana when they're in primaly school". I didn't knew how to comment that:lmao:

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

I'm gonna give you guys funny story.

In middle school one of class bitches from my class asked who is my favourite artist. I said that Lana is and all class bitches started attacking me that I'm immature, childish and "they listen Lana when they're in primaly school". I didn't knew how to comment that:lmao:

You had taste obviously, stanning the future artist of the decade :wink:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, Clampigirl said:

You had taste obviously, stanning the future artist of the decade :wink:

Thank u :kiss3:

Their taste was and is really questionable. Only mumble "rap", pathological rap, EDM and cluby remixes (and three of them are Beliebers)

Happy birthday to my favourite album of all time! Born To Die (and Blue Neighbourhood) really turned me into the person I am today, and it's only fair that critics and publications are finally acknowledging just how much of an impact Born To Die had – and continues to have – on pop culture and the music landscape. Truly a modern classic in every way possible.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif