Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

Thank u :kiss3:

Their taste was and is really questionable. Only mumble "rap", pathological rap, EDM and cluby remixes (and three of them are Beliebers)

ew not mumble rap, I'm so glad 2017 is past us, that shit got real tiring to hear on radio

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So, BOZ said on ATRL yesterday that Summertime Sadness was almost swapped for Without You on the standard tracklist. This actually makes sense considering during her pre-release shows in 2011 she didn’t sing Summertime Sadness, yet typically opened her set with Without You x

1-E103670-64-EA-4-D16-8-DF0-6297-FAF084-DF

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

So, BOZ said on ATRL yesterday that Summertime Sadness was almost swapped for Without You on the standard tracklist. This actually makes sense considering during her pre-release shows she didn’t sing Summertime Sadness, yet typically opened her set with Without You x

1-E103670-64-EA-4-D16-8-DF0-6297-FAF084-DF

lowkey wish ss was a deluxe track NOT because i don't like it (it's one of the few btd tracks i actually quite enjoy) but just because i think it would be appreciated more as a deluxe track?

plus deluxe tracks could still be released as singles and do well :mj2:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, Formation said:

1:27-2:02 is just :hair: a moment most pleasant to me

That's my fav part too :uncomfortable:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I wonder if there was an original tracklisting order that was changed like the one we have for AKA. It's super interesting that SS was almost a deluxe track rather than a standard. I'm glad it's on the standard though, I honestly think it's one of the best songs on the album

imageproxy.jpg

Happy 10th BTD!!! Although it's still another 9 or so months until I discovered you 10 years ago!

It was such a beautiful time. I remember listening to SS, BTD and Carmen on repeat on the bus to school. It was like I was discovering a new "me" through her music.

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I wonder if there was an original tracklisting order that was changed like the one we have for AKA. It's super interesting that SS was almost a deluxe track rather than a standard. I'm glad it's on the standard though, I honestly think it's one of the best songs on the album

Since SS was the first song I found, it's crazy to think that it could have gone so different! But im sure I would have been just as obsessed as soon as i clicked on the Born To Die video. 

I think I heard the singles from BTD in school in 2012, and although I didn't listen to the album properly until a few years later, there's still something special about it to me. Video Games came on my shuffle a few minutes ago, and I nearly cried. Whether or not Lana ever makes another album similar to BTD, it's an album that will always mean a lot to me

what an album..what an era.... 

where’s the nicole nodland album photoshoot outtakes

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

It's been 10 years since the song was released, I think it's finally time we hear the Off To The Races demo 

imageproxy.jpg

Here's something for us to reminisce over

tumblr_mgtt3jOFvh1s1ay4bo1_400.gifv

I started tumblr at the same time as discovering BTD and I saved so many fan edits of Lana on my ipod touch, my gallery was like my own little stan blog. 

I remember these ones were my faves

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCk5lJk1c0Qq4-NpJ5UDY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC_bF2mIpzcFyUB6ZLdbu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZnUZ2dWwJO65CD2l3se5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaCDC07yHsiFPSWXIgXJN

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxVD8-Lhh9ZhZK4XVplNn

And there was a nice edit of this that i can't find

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgHbuPaVXVbY2Q9H7__hD

Just now, Super Movie said:

It's been 10 years since the song was released, I think it's finally time we hear the Off To The Races demo 

considering how many elusive songs we've received over the past two years, i wouldn't be shocked if somebody had this & i really do think it's time we get something of quality :agree: 

i did like the new born to die demo, but i can't act like it's objectively a mess :oopna:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Here's something for us to reminisce over

tumblr_mgtt3jOFvh1s1ay4bo1_400.gifv

I started tumblr at the same time as discovering BTD and I saved so many fan edits of Lana on my ipod touch, my gallery was like my own little stan blog. 

I remember these ones were my faves

Hide contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCk5lJk1c0Qq4-NpJ5UDY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC_bF2mIpzcFyUB6ZLdbu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZnUZ2dWwJO65CD2l3se5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaCDC07yHsiFPSWXIgXJN

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxVD8-Lhh9ZhZK4XVplNn

And there was a nice edit of this that i can't find

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgHbuPaVXVbY2Q9H7__hD

I never had an original though because same

original.gif