Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

aka not jack, not her cali bimbo friends and not her jobless family either :stareney:

makes me think about the only interview she gave this year regarding her new album in which she said she basically has 0 idea where she’s going with it, has absolutely 0 inspiration and needs to be dragged into a studio to come up with something… like idk bout y’all but that sounds highly alarming to me :air:

I say it once again she needs a complete life change, move back to New York/London, ditch jack, meet new and exciting people and get out of this boring country grandma bubble she’s stuck in for years now 

This hit hard.

IMG-1607.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This hit hard.

Like not even in a "omg we need the old lana back" way but i just can’t imagine anything else out of her nowadays but piano ballads about nicki and oklahoma and that worries me :runs:

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

aka not jack, not her cali bimbo friends and not her jobless family either :stareney:

makes me think about the only interview she gave this year regarding her new album in which she said she basically has 0 idea where she’s going with it, has absolutely 0 inspiration and needs to be dragged into a studio to come up with something… like idk bout y’all but that sounds highly alarming to me :air:

I say it once again she needs a complete life change, move back to New York/London, ditch jack, meet new and exciting people and get out of this boring country grandma bubble she’s stuck in for years now 

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the TRUTH

khia-facts-are-true-facts.gif

17 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

you completely snapped with this

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I’m genuinely so curious as to what happens now given the alarming theft. Will she resume plans to release the album as (sort of) planned? Will she wait to see if anything gets l34k3d or if they find the perpetrator(s)? Maybe she can recover the material if it’s not too late but I can’t be sure. Will she start from scratch on the music too? I also wonder if Ben’s “soon” really turned into not so soon because of all of this? What are the ramifications of one or multiple people’s selfish actions? So many QUESTIONS 

oprahtruth.gif

2 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Did I miss something? :smokes:

No, we’re just grieving the OG Lana that gave us excellence after excellence, used guitars and drums in her songs, didn’t mind experimenting and making outside of the box music, didn’t rely on Jack aka her yes-man/lowkey handler and knew how to reinvent herself. 

:true:

5 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

No, we’re just grieving the OG Lana that gave us excellence after excellence, used guitars and drums in her songs, didn’t mind experimenting and making outside of the box music, didn’t rely on Jack aka her yes-man/lowkey handler and knew how to reinvent herself. 

speak for yourself babe :wtf:

faSE.gif

9 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I agree… I’m listening to UV right now and am still in awe of how original and beautiful it is. Nobody else was doing that and she practically made a new genre for herself. It felt so genuine. I miss her ❤️ don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Joni and Joan fan but I don’t want Lana to stay there forever. Honestly though she’s a grown woman and can make the kind of music she wants, I’m just filled with nostalgia right now 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

17 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Like not even in a "omg we need the old lana back" way but i just can’t imagine anything else out of her nowadays but piano ballads about nicki and oklahoma and that worries me :runs:

I don’t even want old Lana. That would be a disservice to her growth.

I think jazz, psychedelic rock, trip-hop in a Portishead kinda way, among others genres, would suit her so well. She’s got the writing for it, she’s got the creative vision for it. 

Never thought of her at a position where her surroundings would be a possible cause for creative bankruptcy but you’re probably onto something here. Either way, I don’t think she’s leaving LA ever again…

IMG-1607.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I’m genuinely so curious as to what happens now given the alarming theft. Will she resume plans to release the album as (sort of) planned? Will she wait to see if anything gets l34k3d or if they find the perpetrator(s)? Maybe she can recover the material if it’s not too late but I can’t be sure. Will she start from scratch on the music too? I also wonder if Ben’s “soon” really turned into not so soon because of all of this? What are the ramifications of one or multiple people’s selfish actions? So many QUESTIONS 

oprahtruth.gif

I get the sense the album itself isn't affected by the theft other than the fear of leaks. It happened two months ago, and Ben has said album complete and album coming soon since then so I don't think we have to worry about the music being gone. Lots of people work on it so she wouldn't be the only person with those files. The book and home video footage sadly are a different story.

tbh I'm just hoping the album's finished and she's waiting for vinyl production updates to formally announce anything. it would also be exciting if she were spending this time preparing visuals for the album, but it's been quite awhile since she's cared about that aspect of the rollout process, so...

4 minutes ago, your dealer said:

speak for yourself babe :wtf:

I was speaking for myself and the dozen other members here that share the same opinion :true:

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I think jazz, psychedelic rock, trip-hop in a Portishead kinda way, among others genres, would suit her so well. She’s got the writing for it, she’s got the creative vision for it. 

Never thought of her at a position where her surroundings would be a possible cause for creative bankruptcy but you’re probably onto something here. Either way, I don’t think she’s leaving LA ever again…

This :true:

2 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Listening to AKA rn, that album has more interesting production than her last 3 albums (iktr including NFR)

Now why would you tell the truth like this

9 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Totally agree about jazzy trip hop psychedelic rock. Her voice really goes well with those genres 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

as long as there’s no weird BLM line or non-reworked demos (or anything similar) I’m fine with whatever she gives us. I’m a simple person :creep: although I do think she should do something she hasn’t done before, I’m somewhat partial to more electronic genres like trip hop, future garage, deep house, balearic beat, indietronica, etc her vocals would be so good :wub: obviously it’s not happening but a gay can dream.

sgopYhV.gif