Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I think jazz, psychedelic rock, trip-hop in a Portishead kinda way, among others genres, would suit her so well. She’s got the writing for it, she’s got the creative vision for it. 

Either way, I don’t think she’s leaving LA ever again…

EXACTLY, we don’t need old lana back it’s not like her old records vanished, all we need back is the unafraid and experimental lana. Like jesus we’re talking about the woman who did a COMPLETE genre switch for her sophomore album… and then did it again not even a year later :nails: … and then barely 2 years after revisited her debut album’s sound like who has the mind and balls to do that :excited::lange: 

I’d sell organs (not mine) for a psychedelic, portishead inspired, jazz infused magnum opus but i fear we’ll never get that again… at least not as long as she is where she is in her life. She needs a spark again, we just don’t know what (or who) it will be

16 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I’m genuinely so curious as to what happens now given the alarming theft. Will she resume plans to release the album as (sort of) planned? Will she wait to see if anything gets l34k3d or if they find the perpetrator(s)? Maybe she can recover the material if it’s not too late but I can’t be sure. Will she start from scratch on the music too? I also wonder if Ben’s “soon” really turned into not so soon because of all of this? What are the ramifications of one or multiple people’s selfish actions? So many QUESTIONS 

oprahtruth.gif

His last "soon" was less than a month ago so while it may have slowed things down I don't think it altered the timeline that much.

She was probably really upset for some days and stopped working on everything for a while but since the original files are in her producers hands I don't think she lost the music...

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

aka not jack, not her cali bimbo friends and not her jobless family either :stareney:

makes me think about the only interview she gave this year regarding her new album in which she said she basically has 0 idea where she’s going with it, has absolutely 0 inspiration and needs to be dragged into a studio to come up with something… like idk bout y’all but that sounds highly alarming to me :air:

I say it once again she needs a complete life change, move back to New York/London, ditch jack, meet new and exciting people and get out of this boring country grandma bubble she’s stuck in for years now 

That interview combined with her adding songs that she ripped off of YouTube and keeping the leaked instrumental of Thunder under the new version on an official album is very worrying. The fact that no one told her to re-record or look for the original files says everything. 

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

That interview combined with her adding songs that she ripped off of YouTube and keeping the leaked instrumental of Thunder under the new version on an official album is very worrying. The fact that no one told her to re-record or look for the original files says everything. 

Her saying LDR9 will be better than BB says everything 

sgopYhV.gif

9 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

as long as there’s no weird BLM line or non-reworked demos (or anything similar) I’m fine with whatever she gives us. I’m a simple person :creep: although I do think she should do something she hasn’t done before, I’m somewhat partial to more electronic genres like trip hop, future garage, deep house, balearic beat, indietronica, etc her vocals would be so good :wub: obviously it’s not happening but a gay can dream.

I can't stand when she shoehorns weird, unnatural lyrics like the BLM one into her songs. Like girl, you're not going to beat the racism or Republican allegations by singing about being at a BLM rally...those who've labeled her those things aren't going to change their minds, likely ever. In that vein I hope she's less self-conscious on this album, if that makes sense, singing about whatever she feels led to, not what she feels will receive more approval by critics or listeners

8 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

like you get IT ! and that’s without counting her leaving in demo backing vocals on TNBAR (on top of botching it), reusing the same production for 2 different songs, her last album basically being a biggest hits compilation (just you know…without the hits :godlaugh2:) and the overall saturated/downright bad sound quality of her two last records on streaming sites (looking at my good sis WFWF)  … oh yeah i’m scared 

Even tho BB was a sharp dip in production, creativity and quality, y’all need to see it for what it is. A throwaway project that she didn’t have a clear direction for but rather served as a outlet for her country bumpkin phase. The real Rock Candy Sweet aka LDR9 is still coming. We should be hopeful since she’s working with Jon Batiste and still has her “bombastic” Jack-NFR outtakes. We shouldn’t really use BB as a reason for our worries. 

:true:

46 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

aka not jack, not her cali bimbo friends and not her jobless family either :stareney:

makes me think about the only interview she gave this year regarding her new album in which she said she basically has 0 idea where she’s going with it, has absolutely 0 inspiration and needs to be dragged into a studio to come up with something… like idk bout y’all but that sounds highly alarming to me :air:

I say it once again she needs a complete life change, move back to New York/London, ditch jack, meet new and exciting people and get out of this boring country grandma bubble she’s stuck in for years now 

there's a lot to dissect here...i agree that the turbulence of her old life definitely contributed to some of her best music. but i'm not sure if lana is willing to sacrifice her happiness just to find a muse. she's an aunt now, clearly very close with her family, and is obviously much happier with the friend group she's found over these past years...she's not gonna leave LA. at the same time, i 100% agree that the lack of inspiration is worrying. (as an artist tho, we all go thru that) i hope something like NFR makes a comeback---she wrote and recorded the majority if not all of that in LA, right?

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

8 minutes ago, juliadelrey said:

there's a lot to dissect here...i agree that the turbulence of her old life definitely contributed to some of her best music. but i'm not sure if lana is willing to sacrifice her happiness just to find a muse. she's an aunt now, clearly very close with her family, and is obviously much happier with the friend group she's found over these past years...she's not gonna leave LA. at the same time, i 100% agree that the lack of inspiration is worrying. (as an artist tho, we all go thru that) i hope something like NFR makes a comeback---she wrote and recorded the majority if not all of that in LA, right?

Oh no definitely, i know she’s an aunt and very close to her family so it’s not like i expect that to happen or even think it would be realistic, ofc she’ll never leave LA :rip: But i truly don’t see her getting out of the whatever she’s in without a big change.

She wrote most of it in LA (iirc) yeah but even back then she had huge writers block, out of which jack allegedly pulled her. It’s just extremely worrying that she’s still/again in it and it just seems to get worse, with or without jack helping her :biblio:

11 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

I can't stand when she shoehorns weird, unnatural lyrics like the BLM one into her songs. Like girl, you're not going to beat the racism or Republican allegations by singing about being at a BLM rally...those who've labeled her those things aren't going to change their minds, likely ever. In that vein I hope she's less self-conscious on this album, if that makes sense, singing about whatever she feels led to, not what she feels will receive more approval by critics or listeners

Yeah, I just want a fun, non serious album with some crying songs. We got very personal songs with COCC/BB and as much as I love White Dress I’m just looking for something fun now to twirl around in the grass 

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

Oh no definitely, i know she’s an aunt and very close to her family so it’s not like expect that to happen or even think it would be realistic, ofc she’ll never leave LA :rip: But i truly don’t see her getting out of the whatever she’s in without a big change.

She wrote most of it in LA (iirc) yeah but even back then she had huge writers block, out of which jack allegedly pulled her. It’s just extremely worrying that she’s still/again in it and it just seems to get worse, with or without jack helping her :biblio:

ya. and i'm not going to sit here and pretend that i don't grieve the BTD and UV lana, tho. i would be lying to msyelf. lmao

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

8 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

EXACTLY, we don’t need old lana back it’s not like her old records vanished, all we need back is the unafraid and experimental lana. Like jesus we’re talking about the woman who did a COMPLETE genre switch for her sophomore album… and then did it again not even a year later :nails: … and then barely 2 years after revisited her debut album’s sound like who has the mind and balls to do that :excited::lange: 

I’d sell organs (not mine) for a psychedelic, portishead inspired, jazz infused magnum opus but i fear we’ll never get that again… at least not as long as she is where she is in her life. She needs a spark again, we just don’t know what (or who) it will be

Exactly. Even the transition between LFL and NFR was a bold and inspired move. She went from what was more commercial and mainstream and did a direct turnaround to an introspective, serene and elegant approach to music that both de-mythologized her entire persona/Americana symbolism AND elevated her to a singer-songwriter realm she didn’t achieve before. NFR pretty much precedes all the Folklores, Slings and Solar Powers of the world and that was a bold movie in and of itself - no wonder it’s as popular as BTD these days.

I adore Chemtrails and I don’t begrudge her for it because she managed to select a collection of songs that had a very specific feeling to it (bonfire, cabin in the woods, mountain trips feel to it) and seemed like a passionate project at least based off what she said in some interview in 2020.

It’s Blue Banisters that kind of lacks a distinctive identity because it seemed an amalgamation of previous themes and sonorities and new themes and writing styles and it wasn’t a very coherent or particularly exciting project, in my opinion. I don’t mind if she keeps being this piano ballad, stripped back version of herself but all I ask is coherence and a clear vision - the same way Joni Mitchell was able to in Both Sides now, despite not necessarily reinventing herself with that album; nonetheless it was still a very specific vision portrayed beautifully with precision and skill. I felt that was lacking in Blue Banisters: the tracklist order is quite bad and makes for a strange progression, the mastering is particularly off for an album coming from an artist of her stature and the production was very lackluster and skeletal like she just sang her poetry and slapped whatever instrumental behind it as long as it didn’t obfuscate her writing but without displaying a perfect marriage between all of these layers.

I’m sorry for this rant, I’m kinda stoned.

IMG-1607.jpg

14 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

There's pictures and videos of her at a BLM rally, so she actually did go to a protest. It's not like she's saying it to say it, it's relative because she broke up with a boyfriend who was a cop at the time. She's not singing to her fans but to herself and people in her life and we just happen to get to be hearing it. She's always talked about things relative to her. All the way back to AKA, she's talked about things happening around her since the beginning. This isn't anything new. If you missed that part of Miss LDR maybe you haven't paid enough attention?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, juliadelrey said:

Right. Look--whether we realize it or not, like it or not, she's in early middle age. Priorities change and hers clearly have--"the simple life, I chose this," "someone to walk home from the mall with," etc. She's still "racing her little red sports car" and "wearing her jewels in the pool (with her sister)," but family seems to have to have taken center stage, as we saw on BB with direct references to her sister, father, and mother. Her songwriting is probably going to reflect who she is now---and she's no longer the young woman who wanted to wear gold driving around Hollywood "shooting heroin and speedballs." That may be why she left 'Serene Queen' off LFL and emasculated the title track. 

She's probably continue this swerve and then in a few years, want to reclaim her youth and show the world she's still hip. I've seen this quite a few times with other artists. Or she'll have a child and that will become her priority, as it did for Kate Bush and Tori Amos, and she'll start writing 'cute' songs about her child like Bush's 'Bertie' and Amos's 'Ribbons Undone.' 

So Lana mentioned that her laptop was stolen (but not super recently). You guys what if it’s that Deadly Doll user who came in and mentioned Del Norte County and Crypto Crashing, ect??? What if that was real?!

and also, Lana and Jacky boy broke up?!?! Who the hell is EVAN WINIKER?? (His hand is on her leg in the pics she just took at the ball game!!!)

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

There's pictures and videos of her at a BLM rally, so she actually did go to a protest. It's not like she's saying it to say it, it's relative because she broke up with a boyfriend who was a cop at the time. She's not singing to her fans but to herself and people in her life and we just happen to get to be hearing it. She's always talked about things relative to her. All the way back to AKA, she's talked about things happening around her since the beginning. This isn't anything new. If you missed that part of Miss LDR maybe you haven't paid enough attention?

I don't think it was a calculated move, to mention BLM, not at all. Something happened there and she wrote a song about it, or added a verse about it to whatever she was writing at the time. 

But the love and praise for NFR! I will never understand, except for a few tracks. The rest, to me, sounded like something she dreamt up in the tub, something that came too easily and were basically retreads of other, earlier songs.