Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

45 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

She's probably continue this swerve and then in a few years, want to reclaim her youth and show the world she's still hip. I've seen this quite a few times with other artists. Or she'll have a child and that will become her priority, as it did for Kate Bush and Tori Amos, and she'll start writing 'cute' songs about her child like Bush's 'Bertie' and Amos's 'Ribbons Undone.' 

for me, sweet carolina was my wakeup call that she's, like, GROWN. she wrote that song about her niece. like girl you're an aunt now?????

EDIT: in a "omg how time flies!" good way!!! it's been a decade watching her for me and becoming an aunt is a milestone :flutter:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

i don’t think her “being an aunt” should scare us, i mean when the child grows up she’s gonna think of how bad&ss lana was and is i’m sure. so i don’t think we should worry about LDR singing about more appropriate lyrics. especially since Lana has spoken about how her “life is my poetry; my lovemaking my legacy” it makes me get the sense that with each new lover, or romance in her ride on life as an artist and human - she can gain new lessons and feelings and learn and make music or poems. but for whatever reason she does not trust easy or it fizzles out or it doesn’t last (we have no idea how come, so i think that could be a cool album topic) but it seems until some really magnetic special one of a kind love happens it’ll be this continuous ride for her / these are just my recent opinions and thoughts about her and her art. 

and the whole acting more mature - it seems like she’s sick of the thinkpieces about her being “not authentic” with the hair and nails etc. which goes to show she really seems to care what people think, even though she shouldn’t cause she’s a baddie and beautiful. 

8 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

There's pictures and videos of her at a BLM rally, so she actually did go to a protest. It's not like she's saying it to say it, it's relative because she broke up with a boyfriend who was a cop at the time. She's not singing to her fans but to herself and people in her life and we just happen to get to be hearing it. She's always talked about things relative to her. All the way back to AKA, she's talked about things happening around her since the beginning. This isn't anything new. If you missed that part of Miss LDR maybe you haven't paid enough attention?

Oh I know, I was just poking fun at the absurdity of the situation (people calling her those things in the first place), not trying to be serious. I just feel like she has a tendency to include lyrics that are a bit jarring and out of place, like the "tour lyfe" lyric on HIAB, that kinda disrupt the flow of the song and feel too...meta? or something idk lol

5 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

i don’t think her “being an aunt” should scare us, i mean when the child grows up she’s gonna think of how bad&ss lana was and is i’m sure. so i don’t think we should worry about LDR singing about more appropriate lyrics. especially since Lana has spoken about how her “life is my poetry; my lovemaking my legacy” it makes me get the sense that with each new lover, or romance in her ride on life as an artist and human - she can gain new lessons and feelings and learn and make music or poems. but for whatever reason she does not trust easy or it fizzles out or it doesn’t last (we have no idea how come, so i think that could be a cool album topic) but it seems until some really magnetic special one of a kind love happens it’ll be this continuous ride for her / these are just my recent opinions and thoughts about her and her art. 

and the whole acting more mature - it seems like she’s sick of the thinkpieces about her being “not authentic” with the hair and nails etc. which goes to show she really seems to care what people think, even though she shouldn’t cause she’s a baddie and beautiful. 

I'm definitely not scared of her growing older, maturing, becoming an aunt or mother. Not at all. I know she'll still create beautiful music if she wishes to. But it's probably never going to be the Lana of 'Blue Jeans' or 'White Mustang' again, pining away for a man or lover, though of course people fall in love at all stages of life and so enter into the same statistics of success and failure. 

29 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Blue Banisters: the tracklist order is quite bad and makes for a strange progression, the mastering is particularly off for an album coming from an artist of her stature and the production was very lackluster and skeletal

I’m sorry for this rant, I’m kinda stoned.

Which makes it even worse because WFWF f.e (which i adore) is horrible mixed which makes…no sense. Mike dean worked on it and he just worked on half of one of the best engineered album’s i’ve ever heard, like it’s obvious Lana wanted it to sound the way it does and it’s not another case of "jack’s responsible for her bad production”… just so many red flags :raven:

oop well that makes two of us 
1561474-fergie-ou-la-representation-meme

not gonna lie, i don't quite like the conversation surrounding her getting older and becoming "boring", a "soccer mom" and a "country grandma" just because she takes a more mellow and mature approach to her sound, i would actually agree that i'd love for her to try different things and experiment more, especially after blue banisters, which i felt like was very lacking, but at what point are we going to just accept the fact that she's grown and changed and we're not going to get the 2011-2015 lana back? it's really sad that people are so afraid and disgusted by a middle-aged woman who acts like a typical middle-aged woman, she's not 25 anymore, it would be silly if she were to start singing about cocaine and co-dependency like she was a decade ago

honestly it really bothers me how people get so upset how she isn't "sexy" or "edgy" anymore, she doesn't have to be any of those things at this point if she'd rather sing about other subjects, if it really is that bothersome to you, just listen to somebody else or just listen to her old music? 

WGe8ynS.gif

30 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Even tho BB was a sharp dip in production, creativity and quality, y’all need to see it for what it is. A throwaway project that she didn’t have a clear direction for but rather served as a outlet for her country bumpkin phase.

Or perhaps you need to see it for what it is. A thoughtful album about healing and reclaiming herself and her peace of mind after being put through the ringer countless times :true: 

I swear some people are just so fixated on what they want to hear that they don't take the time to understand what they actually are hearing. All of her albums are beautiful in their own ways and creatively expand on the themes and the story that she's been telling her whole career.

I see Blue Banisters as a cleansing and return to self after the deliberate aimlessness of Chemtrails which followed the subtle end-of-everything energy simmering throughout NFR. This leaves her in a really interesting place creatively and I think anything could happen for this next album. I am sure we are in for a real treat. I'm not expecting anything in particular, but I think she will combine elements of her previous sounds while exploring completely new territory as well.

11 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

If she’s in a creative and writing block she should do what she did on BB and just dust off her unreleased songs. Except this time polish them too and pick out better ones which we know factually that she has plenty of.

Next Case. 

khia.gif

that’s the spirit and her auntie ass should start with dusting off Dan Auerbach’s version of Fine China, c’mon give the people what they need 

hell just take the unleaked uv, hm and lfl outtakes and make 3 albums out of them 
AgonizingAllIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.g

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Or perhaps you need to see it for what it is. A thoughtful album about healing and reclaiming herself and her peace of mind after being put through the ringer countless times :true: 

It’s both. I agree, but the BB criticism isn’t just for nothing, we’re dealing with facts today, as many other users here have pointed out so eloquently already. 

:true:

i've already shared my opinion through likes and "yass and slay" but to articulate it more:

the last 3 albums have been underwhelming (yes including NFR) and i think that she is capable of a lot more HOWEVER i also think that she is firmly feeling her california bohemian DATMIMBC oats and wishing for past lana to come back and wipe current lana from the face of the map is just wishful thinking

basically yeah i really want her to do something different and i haven't been enjoying the most recent stuff but also it's completely up to her to change and saying otherwise is just kind of not right

but again this is my opinion these are all opinions and let's keep this a civil conversation

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

not gonna lie, i don't quite like the conversation surrounding her getting older and becoming "boring", a "soccer mom" and a "country grandma" just because she takes a more mellow and mature approach to her sound

this is true. it's actually important to recognize how exciting it is to watch someone grow up :crai:

my comments about her being an aunt was more a reflection of how time flies, not meant in a shocked or disgusted way

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

12 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

that’s the spirit and her auntie ass should start with dusting off Dan Auerbach’s version of Fine China, c’mon give the people what they need 

hell just take the unleaked uv, hm and lfl outtakes and make 3 albums out of them AgonizingAllIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.g

I don’t get why she doesn’t officially release her unreleased gems that are already leaked on streaming platforms as a compilation and make profit from it. We get what we want and Ms. Grant can line her pockets even more. It’s a win win situation. Lana, get to work

Still not over how she scrapped Fine China off of BB but kept trash like Beautiful. Maybe she’s saving it for LDR9.

AgonizingAllIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.g

BB is a beautiful album overall, but there are some awkward, confusing moments, and the mixing/mastering is incredibly disappointing and does tarnish the immersive experience. As others have said though it does feel like a swan song to her singer-songwriter era that started with NFR (and maybe even LFL in parts). It's thrilling knowing she could go in literally any direction now

19 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

not gonna lie, i don't quite like the conversation surrounding her getting older and becoming "boring", a "soccer mom" and a "country grandma" just because she takes a more mellow and mature approach to her sound, i would actually agree that i'd love for her to try different things and experiment more, especially after blue banisters, which i felt like was very lacking, but at what point are we going to just accept the fact that she's grown and changed and we're not going to get the 2011-2015 lana back? it's really sad that people are so afraid and disgusted by a middle-aged woman who acts like a typical middle-aged woman, she's not 25 anymore, it would be silly if she were to start singing about cocaine and co-dependency like she was a decade ago

honestly it really bothers me how people get so upset how she isn't "sexy" or "edgy" anymore, she doesn't have to be any of those things at this point if she'd rather sing about other subjects, if it really is that bothersome to you, just listen to somebody else or just listen to her old music? 

No one wants her to sing about sugar daddies, cocaine or abusive relationships again. What we’re saying is we want the ESSENCE back. A new sound, for her to experiment with different genres and styles of music. Find a clear direction for her new album. NFR! was a exciting and excellent project and that came out in 2019 so no, we don’t necessarily want the 2011-2015 Lana back.

If you read the thread thoroughly you would know this and i wouldn’t have to repeat what ten other members have pointed out already.

:true::true:

I'd love to hear some psychodelic Lana again but guys... let this woman live. Some of y'all treat her like she owns you money. Let her be and trust the process there's literally Buddy's Randezvous and Dealer.. I don't think she could stuck forever in jack antonoff zone (let's pray she dump him :toofunny:). 

But this new Arctic Monkeys album realized me that it's okay to change the direction from what other people want you to do. Like a lot of us would die for another AM or UV and old tumblr vibes but unfortunately it's over but that's how it is. We grow old and so does art.