Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Someone said the artist of the pic posted it, but can anyone find them? I like the concept of it but somehow the pic she chose suits the song better lol I wonder if that aesthetic was also used for another version of the album's cover art

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

This site never lets me log on with my phone but anyway I managed to snag VIP tickets this morning. I'm beyond excited  :crying:

The only thing I don't like about original artwork idea is the text.

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

QvAqajR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

leaked by eclipse

This would've been much better but one does not simply fade into water like that which makes it look fanmade af and also the font is a mess. 

I’m glad we got that simple black and white cover, that scrapped cover’s a Mess

that cover is the laziest shit ever... like it's literally a tilted upclose picture of her face in black and white. wow????

let's analyse Marina's visuals throughout history:

1. Mermaid vs Sailor era: webcam aeshtetic, italic comic sans ms-ish font, colorful, over the top, kitsch... we stan
  2. TFJ: Her artist literally hand-drew and hand-painted all of her covers... on top of which he actually had an artistic vision behind them, took inspiration from previous cover art and had an actual meaning... also they were bomb
  3. EH: Literally her best photoshoots, so captivating the way Caspar was able to tell a story by simply taking pictures of her. From the lighting to the set to the backdrop... everything was perfect. The cover is very bubblegummy and vibrant just like the album
  4. Froot: Beautiful 80s inspired kate bush rip offs. The cover is gorgeous. i mean you get the point

and now........... a black and white cropped upclose pic of her face. 

like marina has a background of stunning visuals and we're really praising her for this... ok 

edit: that's not to say i like the other cover, it looks too fantasy-ish and doesn't suit this era at all. it's still an improvement tho cause it looks they actually cared about what they were doing and had an artistic vision? F+L looks so uninspired

that cover is the laziest shit ever... like it's literally a tilted upclose picture of her face in black and white. wow????

1. Mermaid vs Sailor era: webcam aeshtetic, italic comic sans ms-ish font, colorful, over the top, kitsch... we stan
  2. TFJ: Her artist literally hand-drew and hand-painted all of her covers... on top of which he actually had an artistic vision behind them, took inspiration from previous cover art and had an actual meaning... also they were bomb
  3. EH: Literally her best photoshoots, so captivating the way Caspar was able to tell a story by simply taking pictures of her. From the lighting to the set to the backdrop... everything was perfect. The cover is very bubblegummy and vibrant just like the album
  4. Froot: Beautiful 80s inspired kate bush rip offs. The cover is gorgeous. i mean you get the point

like marina has a background of stunning visuals and we're really praising her for this... ok 

edit: that's not to say i like the other cover, it looks too fantasy-ish and doesn't suit this era at all. it's still an improvement tho cause it looks they actually cared about what they were doing and had an artistic vision? F+L looks so uninspired

This is the first time I see someone using a good argument to say Marina has done something wrong. I actually really like B&W simple aesthetics but your analysis of the eras is a really good argument and it surprises me cause LB are just like "it looks bad!!!! bring bak da colors!!!!!"

My exactly thoughts about the new cover. I think that everyone just missed her so much that now everything she drops seems amazing, but actually it's not

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I think minimalism as a concept is divisive overall. I think b&w fits the theme of there just being two sides two life. As you guys have mentioned, she always been incredibly creative, so I think she'll just channel it into something else this era (or at least I hope so, otherwise I'll agree with y'all)

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I mean, I also wish we got a more visually pleasing HH cover than the one we got, but I'm glad we got the simple up close cover instead of the messy ass scrapped cover. I personally love the F+L cover of her facing forward, not so crazy about the other one that's used for everything tbh, but yeah the HH cover's very "meh". Still lightyears better than that awfull overly edited mess w the unreadable font tho

Scherm-afbeelding-2024-06-07-om-03-03-35

. Still lightyears better than that awfull overly edited mess w the unreadable font tho

I thought the letters were just some random Henna art design lmaooo. thats how unreadable it is 

. its cute but like someone said earlier, its very Coverlandia-ish. the mixture of real photography and heavy-photoshop is a hit or miss. it would look better as a painting ala lorde's melodrama (not the same style but the overall concept of a painting being the artwork)

You forgot the whole concept of MARINA is that she doesn't have to conform to her old standards given she acts like this is a new version of herself

e0bfc80c0b88ddd8fff755eb68aaee1b.jpg
I really hope this cover will actually be used, I don't really like the other one. It seems like the other one's the main cover and this one just kinda exists, but I really hope it gets used on streaming services for the "Love" side of the album, or even the whole album tbh.

Scherm-afbeelding-2024-06-07-om-03-03-35

That "original" cover art is literally ugly as fuck, so I'm glad with the B&W one we got. It's just better...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

that "scrapped" cover can't be real. Someone said the graphic designer who made it posted it on Instagram, yet I can't find it

So I call bullshit

It was not posted on Instagram. A (very) reliable user on Popjustice did some searching and found it.

Besides, how could it be fake? There are no Marina pics that look anything like that nor could be edited in that way

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

that "scrapped" cover can't be real. Someone said the graphic designer who made it posted it on Instagram, yet I can't find it

So I call bullshit

it's real lmao the designer posted it on insta captioned "unused cover art" but deleted it 20 mins after it was posted

she also posted the logo concept arts which remain not-deleted but i'm not gonna link cause people will harass her 

I'm a bit confused how everyone thinks it's fake..?