Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

if you ever think a discogs listing is expensive just remember No Love Deep Web by Death Grips starting price is 1K :oprah4:

or all of the frank ocean resells :awkney2:

or half of radiohead / prince stuff :awkney2:

this is why i stick to buying cd's off of discogs they can't inflate it as much

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

44 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

https://imgur.com/a/2z5iar2

seriously imagine this reunion

how do i post pictures here pls somebody teach me

just copy and paste the image 

They should've collabed already plenty of times. Now with Marina in LA and Charli in LDN I hardly see it coming but who knows. Where tf is Just Desserts on Spotify tho?

original.gif

52 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

https://imgur.com/a/2z5iar2

If you upload an image to Imgur, open it in safari then hit share then click copy to clipboard. Once you do that you should be able to insert the link into the url box on here 

7 minutes ago, lizzys said:

tour starts tonight right omg? i’m so sad i didn’t manage to get tickets for the european leg, i was holding onto the hope that she’d announce more dates here :noparty:

Tonight was second show, I’m just so sad she doesn’t tour Australia. I’m gonna have to go international to see her again :crai:

j14CYJi.png

the fact that Marina is never ever coming back to Sweden (aka my country) is such a hate crime. 

For all I know, this summer it'll be 10 years since the last time.:rip:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

this is a long random rant but:

i can’t believe EH turns 10 next month. i was very late to the game when it came to Marina. I Marina from a Hollywood GIF on Tumblr in 2013 of her saying “oh my god you look just like Shakira/no no, you're Catherine Zeta/actually my name’s Marina” and fell in love with the song (i was 17 then). I then found Bubblegum Bitch in Spring 2014 from an AMV on YouTube of the anime Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and I loved it.

However, i didn’t actually listen to the rest of the album until the very end of 2015 and lemme tell you, 19/20 year old me was H O O K E D. i was so obsessed with that album all of 2016 and for the majority of when i was 20. that album changed my brain chemistry i swear to god (i got into the rest of her music summer 2016). like i was so obsessed i made my own playlists of the archetypes and which songs were theirs, and even began writing a fanfic of the character EH (i never finished it:toofunny:). i even bought the UK Deluxe CD.

Marina really put her entire ***** into this project, and had to create a whole character to add more ***** to it. :true:she served visuals, lyrics, concepts, ideas:true:. i genuinely think it’s a brilliant project, and deservingly so. since then, i have not found a single album that had me in a chokehold the way Electra Heart did. Not even Chromatica, although it comes close, and i STAN Chromatica. Y’all who were around for this era back then were WELL fed

and on top of that, her and Lana BIRTHED what we think of Tumblr and what has become modern internet culture. BTD and EH are still THOSE girls, and had a massive impact on younger Millennials/Gen Z that i think needs to be talked about more. Both of those albums are so influential it’s actually insane.

i may shit on y’all for bitching about Marina and how she’s changed but believe me when I say i get why you feel that way. her art has changed and i think it’s good but she really did give her all in the early 2010s. name another album since that has had such an era like EH. I’ll wait (Teenage Dream doesn’t count cause it started before). Yeah, maybe Future Nostalgia, but even THAT doesn’t have the same impact as EH did. Bubblegum Bitch and the title track are my most streamed songs EVER, long before Spotify Wrapped and Apple Music Replay existed. 

idk this album is very near and dear to my heart, and completely changed me at 20. I actually found Sky Ferreira from Marina. it really cemented my love for pop music, and will be an album that my children (if i ever have any) will know:kiss:

imma end it here because i could talk forever on how important and influential Electra Heart is

negAbhB.png

On 2/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, Voignamir said:

VOhz9sQ.png

edit: now i know, thanks yall <3

the gays in the club when Just Desserts gets remastered and released

Voignamir

8 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Does anyone have photos of the merch stands/booths for any of the previous shows this tour (assuming she’s selling merch)? I haven’t seen any yet

Nevermind I just wasn’t looking hard enough

Spoiler

C5Pjop6_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

FL2PV44_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

fk05apR_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

On 2/3/2022 at 12:19 PM, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I wonder how Marina feels about Bad Kidz. It's one of her best but I've never seen her acknowledge or ever talk about the song 

I really thought I was a hardcore fan UNTIL NOW cuz I’ve legit never even heard of this song :wtfney:

On 2/6/2022 at 3:10 PM, Voignamir said:

VOhz9sQ.png

edit: now i know, thanks yall <3

Bitchy Marina never replied right?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde