Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

fear and loathing demo leaked

https://dbree.org/v/35363eΒ 

π–™π–π–”π–šπ–Œπ–π–™ π–Ž'𝖉 π–‡π–Š π–‹π–”π–—π–Šπ–›π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–“ π–™π–π–Š π–‘π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–œπ–†π–ž

i always love a good album ranking so lemme hop onΒ 

EH=FROOT> TFJ>>>>>>>ADIAML>>L+F
Β 

the writing on electra was absolutely incredible, dare i say.. lana level (thanks daddy rick!) (kidding, even the songs he didn’t co-write are incredible). the production was so big and full of layers and harmonies and i’ll never get tired of listening to itΒ 

Β 

froot is kinda perfect to me (aside from weeds but we won’t talk about her), it’s so beautifully and tastefully written and the production choices really pullΒ everything together so nicely, the little celestial sound effects in Blue, the vocal filter on solitaire, man oh man, perfect vibe. so easy to listen to front to back

Β 

TFJ is harder to compare for me, it’s probably the most different out of them all in terms of both cohesion and sound, but an incredible album, a little rough around the edges and some wacky moments lyrically but it really does prove her abilities and talent in a kate-bushy way

Β 

i’ve already spoken a lot about my dislike and other thoughts on the other two so i won’t go into it

Whilst I do not think she literally meant Covid purge humanity for Mother Nature-moreso humanity take the fact the ozone has healed slightly due to being indoorsΒ as a sign that you need to slow down-Β 

Β 

I can see the flipsideΒ 

Β 

I would also like to add that it’s controversially a top 10 song for me in her discog- it’s loaded with a lot of compiled meanings which are lost when you take it as Marina being β€œpolitical feminist”

12 hours ago, brandon said:

EH=FROOT> TFJ>>>>>>>ADIAML>>L+F

This is more or less it for me as well. EH/FROOT/TFJ occupy a heavenly space. ADIAML is down to earth. L&F is where Persephone goes for half the year.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎢 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎢

fear and loathing is such a beautiful song, it’s a shame she hasn’t played it since 2013. it would have fit the L+F tour perfectly, maybe it’s just a bit long,Β and not upbeat (like froot), for the set?Β (she could have played a radio edit version though)

12 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Savages is slowly getting hype on TikTok!Β :party:Β Hope it blows out.

FROOT isn't my fav album but I hope it starts to get the love it deserves from the general public (none of her FROOT songs have been certified) and Marina, I don't think she even posted anything for its 5th anniversary (I see why she doesn't say 'happy birthday' to every album every year but 5 is a milestone)

36 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Hope so, one of her last political songs done well in my opinionΒ 

Β 

justice for FROOT

I wonder if marina understands why we like savages (and her olderΒ political songs) butΒ not her recent ones or if she’s confused by it.
Β 

like if she was at home like β€˜I’m actually going to give the gays what they want, savages 2.0’ then satΒ there like:stareney2:Β at the response

β€˜ancient dreams in a modern land’ is just such an interesting phrase to me:flutter:Β I kind of wish she saved the song and did a whole concept album around it (not that I have any ideas about what that concept album would be, maybeΒ greek mythology retold inΒ modern age?)

2 hours ago, AllForYou said:

I wonder if marina understands why we like savages (and her olderΒ political songs) butΒ not her recent ones or if she’s confused by it.
Β 

like if she was at home like β€˜I’m actually going to give the gays what they want, savages 2.0’ then satΒ there like:stareney2:Β at the response

I mean I think I have the same mentality as MarinaΒ :defeated:Β Β savages had awkward lines to me β€œwe can be bad as we can be good” 

Β 

I honestly think Purge the Poison is better as a political track- some of the phrasing may be a bit blunt but overall I like the juxtapositions.