Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

14 hours ago, brandon said:

sometimes she just needs to shut the hell up and make some fun pop music like damn 

Y'all bullied her for this in 2019 which resulted more woke themed music 2021 💀💀💀💀💀

url%5D

Spoiler

I'm honestly uneducated and don't know enough about Israel or Palestine to have an actual opinion about all of this, other than ofc feeling sympathy for any innocent civilians affected. so, I'm not going to make a comment on that, but…

I've been saying for a while now thats Marina is too 'woke' for her own good. She wants to be an activist so bad, ADIAML album lyrics were kind of embarrassing. She's the type of person who'd think Sex Education season 4 is peak television. 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:38 AM, williamprb said:

I also rlly don’t like the later miss y demos. I mean the “to become great” does not fit at all like the to be great just flows better. Also the background vocals are so loud and jarring like they sound horrible and are way too loud the mic quality of them sounds like scab and plaster demo 1 quality. Especially in the “drop your knees to the floor” section.

I actually love the second Miss Y version more than the original leak. The additional vocals make it a lot better for me, and I stan her super old Garageband demos so the quality doesn't bother me. I always loved that song in general though 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Y'all bullied her for this in 2019 which resulted more woke themed music 2021 💀💀💀💀💀

okay well 2019 was pop music, it just wasn’t fun! l+f was the definition of boring pop music  

she made fun pop music with tfj… eh.. froot… even a little bit on adiaml when she wasn’t trying to be an activist 

i need to let go of her. i'd rather listen to someone who's silent on these issues than have somebody agree with takes that are.... reductive and not even right in the slightest. i'm not even getting anything from this.  so go ahead marina lol you have a good life and you speak up on issues you don't even comprehend just cause you gotta use your platform. you're so.....woke.. 

im actually done and im not gonna hate watch her every move like im just done as in goodbye type of done

4 hours ago, 14n4 said:

i need to let go of her. i'd rather listen to someone who's silent on these issues than have somebody agree with takes that are.... reductive and not even right in the slightest. i'm not even getting anything from this.  so go ahead marina lol you have a good life and you speak up on issues you don't even comprehend just cause you gotta use your platform. you're so.....woke.. 

im actually done and im not gonna hate watch her every move like im just done as in goodbye type of done

If you’d have bought me flowers… maybe I would’ve stayed 💔

5 hours ago, 14n4 said:

What did she do for this incited post :lmao:

5 hours ago, 14n4 said:

this was really brave, thank you 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

48 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

What did she do for this incited post :lmao:

share misinformation about the situation in palestine and that pisses me off:brows3:

is ppl dying while others spread false narratives online from the comfort of their homes enough of an issue or am i overreacting 

53 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

this was really brave, thank you 

thats very sweet of you but if im being honest i wasnt attached to her like that in the first place. its just very nice to stop supporting someone who obviously doesnt know what theyre doing. music aint that deep but genocide is

Honestly my hopes for the next Marina album center around some shit she's said in the past. She's talked about greek mythology before IIRC and wanting to do an album around that, and I personally think that would be the move to make. I'm going to pick my words carefully and deliberately here - L&F was a low point in her discography, and I do think that Ancient Beans WAS a step up sonically and a return to the ~energy of "old Marina", despite lyrically being VERY pegged to the zeitgeist of it's creation.

I feel like the way to do a "clean slate" here is to just go feral with a whole ass concept album and step into a different person(s)/persona(s).

I'd LOVE to see her go back to that greek mythology idea and give us a concept album, and even find a way to work in some of that New Woke Feminism she always getting criticized about. Write a tortured ballad from the perspective of Persephone. Sing about being tricked by a man to eat the pomegranate seeds, sing about how it doesn't get easier spending all the time away from the sun, small slices of your time stolen from a man who felt you were his to take and his to trick. Metaphor up the lack of choice for a woman in it, and how so many things are seen as 'duty' because a man deemed it so.

Flip shit around too, go wild. Rewrite the whole concept of 'Pandora's Box' into something more lighthearted and fun. Give us an uptempo bop about a girl who was bored with the world and there she found a box filled with chaos and wonder and she set it all free, the good and the bad, just for the contrast it all brings. Was it a little bit stupid to unleash evil on the world? Sure, but now it makes all of the good that much better because we all know what "worse" looks like, and it's the space in-between that we should have a little fun with now.

I feel like Eros, Aphrodite, and Psyche would be a 'perfect' story to Marina-fy, since it deals with jealous women and game playing and the absurdity of it all, and how even if you manage to adhere to impossible beauty standards (Aphrodite's three impossible tasks), it's *still* not enough. There's a whole lot of "jealous woman" stereotype shit in there, that would be absolutely low hanging fruit to hit with the Marina Bat of "women should build each other up, ugh".

I feel like, in the spirit of something like "How to be a Heartbreaker", do a fun take on 'Helen of Troy' and the whole Trojan War (to go hand in hand with my idea of "rewriting" Pandora's Box to be a bit more fun); Helen was bored af of her man, she wanted a little excitement, she decided to mess around with a man on the side, and now we're at "Oops I sparked a war, lets make it his fault, tee hee hee, look at that, the gods are all protecting me, dames can get away with it all" or some shit.

Have I said this before? I feel like I have.

Idk. But it would be nice to see.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

1 hour ago, AtomicMess said:

Have I said this before? I feel like I have.

Idk. But it would be nice to see.

I’ve said I’d love for her to do this too, apparently electra heart was supposed to incorporate some greek mythology, not that I really see it.  

I have recently wondered if she hasn’t done it already due to the pressure of ‘getting it wrong’? i think she’s on better terms with her dad now but I think if he (or any of the Greek side of her family) didn’t like it that would probably upset her. also no doubt she’d be dragged on social media too if she got things ‘wrong’. 

Honestly I'm thinking that the reason why I disliked Ancient album was that she basically went back to her "old sound" when she could have done a totally new sound...

url%5D

1 hour ago, AllForYou said:

I have recently wondered if she hasn’t done it already due to the pressure of ‘getting it wrong’? i think she’s on better terms with her dad now but I think if he (or any of the Greek side of her family) didn’t like it that would probably upset her. also no doubt she’d be dragged on social media too if she got things ‘wrong’. 

Omg Marnie Diamantis who CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. It's POP MUSIC. Which means it just needs to be at a surface level accuracy as to not like, depict problematic shit. Everything else can be whimsical BS. Who the fuck gets all bent out of shape because of inaccurate portrayal or referencing of old dead shit and stories from THOUSANDS of years old. UGHHHH. She's greek. It would be her heritage. She could literally write a song about Athena taking a dump on Zeus's chest while he whacks it and she's got cultural immunity from the GP to do so FFS.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

sometimes i think what happened to her... like what happened to the girl who made FROOT that I fell in love with?

https://x.com/diamandistoday/status/1712519686598893592?s=46&t=RdbpqWVtoKXEsPhjnZIIUA

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

25 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

sometimes i think what happened to her... like what happened to the girl who made FROOT that I fell in love with?

https://x.com/diamandistoday/status/1712519686598893592?s=46&t=RdbpqWVtoKXEsPhjnZIIUA

Oh this was that controversial statement :hdu: and the same woman who wrote Savages and To Be Human thanked for this statement :hdu: that's so hypocritical of her

url%5D

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Oh this was that controversial statement :hdu: and the same woman who wrote Savages and To Be Human thanked for this statement :hdu: that's so hypocritical of her

So hypocritical, overly cynical 

but like why did she have to be cancelled 😭😭

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

omg so i was playing with some of the electra heart stems/multitracks and i never noticed how detailed the instrumentals were.

Like so much stuff you can barely here

Especially in hypocrates with its 50 audio tracks

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

On 10/21/2023 at 3:45 AM, SalvaWHORE said:

She was cooler when she was more immature and understudied than now that she studied psychology and feels smarter enough to talk about "heavy stuff" that happends around the world and our society.

She used to be so unproblematic and deep within her more "everyday" themes, she didn't have to change that much, I really miss old Marina.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde