Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

6 hours ago, Embach said:

I understand why people want her old sound back but I really want a new shift in her sound, something 360° really, like what Taylor did with Folklore or even Lana with Ultraviolence, something that's really different from their previous records :makeup:

i think you mean 180° but 😭 

it’s a nice concept for her but at this point i just… have such little faith in her artistically that i feel like she should just stick to what she knows  

taylor and lana i feel like could do anything they want just because their songwriting is so incredibly strong but… marina does not have that luxury i fear 

1 minute ago, Embach said:

I need an alt metal/metal pop album :suicide:

I'd like to hear her trying out jazz and blues too, I adoooooore the saxophones in Rootless

Omg yes, imagine her doing metal pop. Give me a female rage concept, drag me to the mud. :godlaugh:

Yeah, jazz/blues would suit her voice so much. Surprises me she hasn't really done anything like it before. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

8 minutes ago, Bloody Valentine said:

Yes, I agree
I've been waiting for an alternative turn for years

Give me a mix of alternative/pop/art rock

also agree i think she’d body these genres but…

then i remember that when someone asked for a rock album…. she replied and said that her next album (adiaml) would be rock… which….. ummm… 😭 

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

i think you mean 180° but 😭 

it’s a nice concept for her but at this point i just… have such little faith in her artistically that i feel like she should just stick to what she knows  

taylor and lana i feel like could do anything they want just because their songwriting is so incredibly strong but… marina does not have that luxury i fear 

I think I really meant 180° oop I feel so dumb 🥲

Just now, brandon said:

then i remember that when someone asked for a rock album…. she replied and said that her next album (adiaml) would be rock… which….. ummm… 😭 

I don't even consider ADIAML even alternative. It's pop for me. It's like pop with electro and rock elements.

url%5D

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

I remember her saying that and umm... yeah awkward... :noparty:
I got so excited when she described adiaml as rock, after I actually listened to it and got very disappointed but still liked it ig.

ADIAML is just pop with some rock elements :noparty: she has done that before like with Forget 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

12 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Can people stop idealising that messy low budget FROOT era, thanks

Still better than Love Fear and Ancient :whatever2: imo the rollout for Froot was perfect

url%5D

57 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Can people stop idealising that messy low budget FROOT era, thanks

It had great photoshoots, an exciting rollout for Froot, Happy, IAR, Immortal and Forget, fun music videos and a good tour. What's there not to like? 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

It had great photoshoots, an exciting rollout for Froot, Happy, IAR, Immortal and Forget, fun music videos and a good tour. What's there not to like? 

Right likeeeee that was an ERA! it might not have had a huge budget, but wow those photoshoots? the tour?! the vinyl!! the MUSIC!!! it was FUN!

i’ll forever kick myself in the ass for not getting those scented 7”s 

On 11/20/2023 at 9:35 PM, brandon said:

Right likeeeee that was an ERA! it might not have had a huge budget, but wow those photoshoots? the tour?! the vinyl!! the MUSIC!!! it was FUN!

I might get them soon im shaking

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

On 11/20/2023 at 3:35 PM, brandon said:

help this just reminded me how my high school french teacher who i also had for study hall let me call my grandpa during class so i could buy the 7” boxset cause i needed his credit card info and was really desperate cause i already missed the signed ones (wishing her the best in life :ma:)

but like honestly?? in terms of her physical releases froot was really nice. aside from the 7” boxset, we got the white vinyl, standard black, and all those cassettes

along w ALL the clothes and accessories?? whew!!

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

On 11/20/2023 at 11:21 AM, Bloody Valentine said:

Omg yes, imagine her doing metal pop. Give me a female rage concept, drag me to the mud. :godlaugh:

I could see her giving me Courtney Love or Veruca Salt. Marina doing like a "Celebrity Skin" kinda vibe could possible be it.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

On 11/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, williamprb said:

Imagine we had a Marina album with the same sound as the original plastic rainbow

This era is so underrated. I think that version of Plastic Rainbow is one of my all-time favourites by Marina 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

This era is so underrated. I think Plastic Rainbow demo is one of my all-time favourites by her 

The fact she got this produced by a guy on gumtree but didnt like it so made the ep by herself

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

3 minutes ago, williamprb said:

The fact she got this produced by a guy on gumtree but didnt like it so made the ep by herself

I love the self-produced Garageband MvS stuff, but we needed a 2006 prog-rock EP too :smokes:

Thank you for linking that demo, I haven't heard it since 2022 and forgot how much I loved it 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕