Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Also SLAY that she is the only writer, and is credited as a producer. This kind of is her Venus tbh. (But way better)

what do you mean by the planet Venus??

I forced one of my friends to listen to the song and told him a few of the lyrics (since they aren't that easy to hear in the song tbh) and he said he said she clearly wants a kid. Which isn't something I thought about but I did think it was obviously about her being in her prime and wanting a husband and I guess part of that has to do with being fertile and wanting a kid. In that aspect, women don't have as much time as gay men to find a "mate"... 

ahahha wait .....what  :derpna3:

what do you mean by the planet Venus??

ahahha wait .....what :derpna3:

Not the planet Venus lol, the song by lady gaga. And you don't see the metaphors there at all? It's all about how she's in her prime but can't wait too much longer to find love so she's starting to get really impatient. She's ready to be "picked"

Not the planet Venus lol, the song by lady gaga. And you don't see the metaphors there at all? It's all about how she's in her prime but can't wait too much longer to find love so she's starting to get really impatient. She's ready to be "picked"

lol at Venus 

And I tought it was a song about her being horny and wanting a guy to pick her up   :flop:

I forced one of my friends to listen to the song and told him a few of the lyrics (since they aren't that easy to hear in the song tbh) and he said he said she clearly wants a kid. Which isn't something I thought about but I did think it was obviously about her being in her prime and wanting a husband and I guess part of that has to do with being fertile and wanting a kid. In that aspect, women don't have as much time as gay men to find a "mate"... 

If that's the intention I can't imagine it being anything but sarcastic...

Hm .... I don't really know how to feel about this one. The instrumental isn't really  appealing to me at all. I mean, it's danceable, but .. dunno. Not my taste.

The lyrics seem to get better when you hear her siging them, even though I am not so superimpressed. But yeah, they are still better than most of the stuff you hear at the radio nowadays and at least there are 8unlike some UV songs) really LYRICS and not just a few rhymes.

The chorus is my favourite part of the song, as well as the transition from the prechorus to the chorus.At the first hearing the prechoruses sounded a bit long for me, since there is this interlude which she sings in the same voice as the prechorus, butI guess they are ok.

To sum it up, I am very happy we have a new Marina song and I like it, but I am not nearly as impressed as I was when Primadonna, Radioactive and homewrecker hit us for "Electra Heart". The song is fun, but I guess it won't be in my Marina-Top-10. I realyl wonder how the complete album will turn out.

Cancel that, the song rocks :dance:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

hopefully reception to the single is good so we don't have another Radioactive / Primadonna situation on our hands where it didn't chart that well and we had to wait 6 months for a legitimate lead single

BzhmW.png

Just listened to Froot for the first time a few minutes ago and imo its amazing. Its like a hybrid of family jewels/Electra heart but also a massive step forward for Marina.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

hopefully reception to the single is good so we don't have another Radioactive / Primadonna situation on our hands where it didn't chart that well and we had to wait 6 months for a legitimate lead single

Well, so far Marina hasn't even mentioned the word single, so I think its just a buzz track. Its not even on iTunes yet. 

I think we will get the lead single before the end of the year and then the album in January or February next year