Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

It's a really weird situation, I have a feeling it was supposed to be released this week but then got pushed back

if that's the case, who do i have to murder

i'm so thirsty for that damn song, ffs

lABVyGE.png

Well I got my TFJ and EH vinyls today!

TFJ is everything I hoped it would be. Its beautiful, no skips or surface noise, and now I have one of my favorite albums on the elusive vinyl! I found only one minor detail where you can differentiate the repress from the original, but I don't care about that. I just want to play it and now I can. It had a weird spot on the back near the label but doesn't seem to affect the sound so I'm not going to worry about it.

The EH vinyl is nice, seeing the front and back in such larger proportions made it look a little strange at first. The gatefold is very nice although I wish they hadn't used the weird filter they use on the cover on the picture of her with the bubble gum. My biggest complain is with the color of the vinyl. It is bright neon pink. I was more hoping for a pink along the lines of the pink side of Dollhouse but I suppose there's been a lot of pink vinyl lately (Dollhouse, Badlands, etc) she probably wanted something that really popped. I guess it fits the album but its really not too great to look at or put on display. I do enjoy having another Marina item I didn't have before though, and I am overall very happy with it. Only other complaint is the tracklist but all I would change is adding Living Dead, LHC, BTS, and taking out HTBAH.

I also got Froot a week ago and love it. I got the black one because I actually liked the way it looked with the black label more. Its so much easier to play than my temperamental box set where I have to flip and change every 4 minutes.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

@@Anthem hope you don't mind, but could you post pictures of the EH vinyl? :) pretty please! I remember seeing some but they were from the black vinyl and now I'm curious about the pink one since her webstore shows it as a pastel pink instead of bright neon

@@Anthem hope you don't mind, but could you post pictures of the EH vinyl? :) pretty please! I remember seeing some but they were from the black vinyl and now I'm curious about the pink one since her webstore shows it as a pastel pink instead of bright neon

JUJD9Rx.jpg

The picture doesn't quite do it justice but you get the gist. It literally is highlighter pink and it clashes kind of hard with the label, as you can tell :( both are the same color. Let me know if you want more pics!

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

A lot of people think that she doesn't love her fans anymore because she cancelled her meet & greets

And that vine is nothing short of ridiculous, people need to chill

yh but u cant deny that she has been awfully funny towards fans this era + has changed a LOT. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

between cancelling m&g and barely talking to the crowd during her show...

it's pretty obvious that she wants to settle down and be done after this tour ends.

also the COMPLETE NN show in Boston will be live streamed tomorrow at 9PM EST on Yahoo Screen

BzhmW.png

Y'all act as if it was her duty to do M&G's.

It's grateful of her to do it and judging from how extremely obsessive and annoying many parts of her fanbase is, it's understandable if she a) reduces these M&G's or b) even drops them.

So many stars don't do any M&Gs. If you go to a Marina concert, you go there to hear her sing (or to scream lyrics in the ears of the people who'd actually love to hear her sing, if you're that kind of fan) and she's not owing anyone a M&G.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It's grateful of her to do it and judging from how extremely obsessive and annoying many parts of her fanbase is, it's understandable if she a) reduces these M&G's or b) even drops them.

So many stars don't do any M&Gs. If you go to a Marina concert, you go there to hear her sing (or to scream lyrics in the ears of the people who'd actually love to hear her sing, if you're that kind of fan) and she's not owing anyone a M&G.

have you met her? lol i seen her twice and met her like one and a half times so i would agree with you but if i hadnt met her then id tell you to fuck off.

i mean i know she doesn't owe us an M&G, but this is literally the first time im able to see her live (she performed near where i live twice before but i wasn't able to go) and ive always just wanted to be able to meet her. it saddens me that im probably never going to meet her + that she isn't really feeling the Diamonds anymore. why do a small pack of idiot bitches have to ruin it for everyone, genuinely pretty upset

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I completely agree.

At first I was very disappointed because it seems to me that lately she's lost a bit of interest in her fanbase and it looks as if she doesn't really want to focus on music that much more and would rather just live out her own personal life. However, after thinking about things, I'm not angry anymore. Yes, it's a bit annoying that she won't be meeting fans anymore, but at the end of the day, she isn't obligated to give up HER OWN TIME to hold M&G's. They were simply a bonus thing she did because she's a nice person and she loves her fans. I think it's quite reasonable that she feels the need to cancel them, considering that 1) there are so many horrible and disrespectful fans nowadays and it's unfair for her to continuously put up with them, and 2) there is no way to have a fair meet and greet system that is free of charge.

Honestly, if I were her, I would just start charging people for M&G's, as that's really the only fair way to do it, as only dedicated fans would be willing to pay. However, I get why she wouldn't want to do them anymore.

I think it's purely selfish when fans say that it's "unfair" or "rude" or that she doesn't love her fans anymore because she's not doing one extra thing that she previously did. Understand this... Marina's life should not and does not revolve completely around a bunch of people she has never met. There is no reason that she MUST do meet and greets. Isn't the fact that she performs for hours for people enough already? Like, do you think she tours for herself? I highly doubt it. It's for the fans. And that should surely be enough.

If there's anything I'm mad at Marina for right now, it's the way she's been handling the I'm Not Hungry Anymore mess. She can't keep saying "it's coming," "I'll rework it,", "you'll get one more song from the Froot studio sessions" etc. etc. if she has no intention of actually releasing it. I've never heard of an artist that previews a song and says they'll release it, but never does. It's absolutely ludicrous. It's not just the fact that she won't release it that's annoying, it's the fact that she's been full of empty promises for so long, lying about its release.

LIEESSS, DON'T WANNA KNOW, DON'T WANNA KNOWWWW...  :toofunny: