Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Buy The Stars is one of her best songs and I didn't buy a copy of EH because I couldn't find the deluxe version in my country and I refuse to have that album without Buy The Stars  :crossed:

She didn’t even release it on vinyl

I really wish we knew why Marina really doesn't "like" Buy the stars. No idea if it's too personal or what.

She doesn’t like to sing it cause it’s too high and she already had to undergo surgery for her vocal cords so i doubt she wants to go through that again for a song that a lot of her fans don’t even know. As for the song itself idk, it sounds very personal but I wouldn’t really know

When did she ever say that?

There was a Neon Nature date where she people were screaming Buy the Stars and she really went "BUY THE STARS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" then people were like "wow bitch" and she kinda tried to make it up "Well, maybe someday."

She never performed the song before and I don't think she ever spoke about it. She performed all the other Electra Heart songs at least once tho.

She doesn’t like to sing it cause it’s too high and she already had to undergo surgery for her vocal cords so i doubt she wants to go through that again for a song that a lot of her fans don’t even know. As for the song itself idk, it sounds very personal but I wouldn’t really know

She could always change the key for the song tho, not sure if it's really a live problem. But it's more like how she cut it from the USA edition of the album and really erased it.

While on subject for live performances, I'd like to mention how she just killed with Neon Nature??? 

I can't sing lies without going on a deeper voice on "Worth the FIGHT" like she did while singing it. Or the amazing Obsessions "Ohoh ohhhhhh"

Once I saw a video on facebook and it was "expectatition x reality" and it was obsessions playing on a phone and then going into neon nature live and the video was so flawless. I never found that video again\or the right tour date from where the "LIVE" bit was took.

Also: Lies Bridge from Lonely Hearts. A moment.

There was a Neon Nature date where she people were screaming Buy the Stars and she really went "BUY THE STARS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" then people were like "wow bitch" and she kinda tried to make it up "Well, maybe someday."

She never performed the song before and I don't think she ever spoke about it. She performed all the other Electra Heart songs at least once tho.

She could always change the key for the song tho, not sure if it's really a live problem. But it's more like how she cut it from the USA edition of the album and really erased it.

I saw that video. I mean i think it's a vocal thing?? even tho you're right she could literally lower it. idk 

I'm Electra

I'm Electra Heart

Only living

Living in the dark

Lights they blind me

Can we go back?

tumblr_inline_par1b0c3p11qfnubq_250.gif

this song man. The lyrics are so mysterious, but also not. I think it's the most played song on my phone

EH needs to be re-released with all the tracks from the US and UK, along with EH and EVOL

I'm still mad we don't have the complete stems for EH, Bubblegum Bitch, and Power & Control

negAbhB.png

Electra Heart was the one thing that helped me recover and cope from my first "heartbreak" (for lack of a better term), and help me understand why I was so depressed, and it helped me understand that I have issues with love. I know it's a sort of satirical album of US culture and whatever, but damn, I related to every single song, in some way, so deeply.

It will forever be one of my favorite albums ever lol

negAbhB.png

Not having Buy the Stars on the US edition of EH is like if Marina left Immortal and Obsessions off the US versions of FROOT and TFJ. A tragedy.

+ something i'm remembering during this streaming party....radioactive's bridge?????????? FLAMES!!! 

She really snapped when writing Starring Role didn't she?  :biblio:

It almost feels like a joke to play out the part

When you are not the starring role in someone else's heart
You know I'd rather walk alone
Than play a supporting role
If I can't get the starring role
Sometimes I ignore you so I feel in control
'Cause really, I adore you, and I can't leave you alone

This is a mood right now  :poordat:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

She really snapped when writing Starring Role didn't she?  :biblio:

It almost feels like a joke to play out the part

When you are not the starring role in someone else's heart

You know I'd rather walk alone

Than play a supporting role

If I can't get the starring role

Sometimes I ignore you so I feel in control

'Cause really, I adore you, and I can't leave you alone

This is a mood right now  :poordat:

"Sometimes I Ignore you, So I feel in control"

tenor.gif?itemid=5666631

I'll never understand why she decided to remove Living Dead, Lonely Hearts Club, and Buy The Stars from the tracklist, and didn't put EVOL and the title track on the album at all. They're all such integral parts of Electra Heart!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif