Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Ohhawwtt, I remember discovering the songs from EH like yesterday. Teen Idle was my rock when I most needed  :poordat: It was like a spiritual experience when I first heard because of how much I could relate at the time  :crying4: Then I searched more about her after a while, found interesting that there was a series of videos (I'm whore for these stuff :P ) and an identity crisis (lmao, that's how I called at the time) happening and loved, loved, LOVED!!!!!!!!!! the aesthetic and vibe!!!!!!  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  Girly, Barbie Doll crossing with a mysterious, scary (Yeah, I was scared of su-barbie-a at the beggining. What could I do?  :fact: ), Dark Web vibe...... or just dark Britney Spears, whatever. Just loved it so much!  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter: Thinking about it now, I guess not just this album, but Marina in general, really helped me in exploring different facets. Love ya, Merna  :crying4:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I'll never understand why she decided to remove Living Dead, Lonely Hearts Club, and Buy The Stars from the tracklist, and didn't put EVOL and the title track on the album at all. They're all such integral parts of Electra Heart!

im fairly certain the title track was created after the album had come out

negAbhB.png

I honestly don’t care if music leaks I still listen...I’m buying it anyway. Never understood why people care, with an artist like Marina it’s not gonna really Impact her. She’s not gonna sell 5 million albums and have a top 3 global single anyway. If she can’t do it with clean bandit not gonna happen on her own either.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

im fairly certain the title track was created after the album had come out

She should've just released the standard edition of Electra Heart first and then re-released it as "The Su-Barbie-A Edition" (or whatever it'd be called) with the deluxe edition bonus tracks, the title track, EVOL, Su-Barbie-A, Just Desserts, Miss Y and another one or two new tracks. The possibilities! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Can we talk about how Living Dead is THAT girl..wow the talent that has, the power that has, the access that has.. It was some of her best vocals  :defeated:

Got bubble wrap around my heart
Waiting for my life to start
But everyday it never comes
Permanently at square one

urQp5Ry.gif

I can't believe my angsty 2012 teen self LIVED while marina's bleached hair was dying 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

The fact that people thought I was sending new/unleaked M4 snippets to people like...  if I even had them

:lmao:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I'll never understand why she decided to remove Living Dead, Lonely Hearts Club, and Buy The Stars from the tracklist, and didn't put EVOL and the title track on the album at all. They're all such integral parts of Electra Heart!

Agreed. Lonely Hearts Club is my favorite song of all time (by any artist) and Buy The Stars and Living Dead are good too. It’s weird having regional-exclusive tracks on a concept album

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Did she only get rid of them in some countries? They're still on belgian spotify. They're not on Apple Music tho, which is weird.

qfrWuBl.png

Agreed. Lonely Hearts Club is my favorite song of all time (by any artist) and Buy The Stars and Living Dead are good too. It’s weird having regional-exclusive tracks on a concept album

LHC is basic AF...

BTS is so much better lyrically and sonically...

LHC is basic AF...

BTS is so much better lyrically and sonically...

Y’all hear sumn? Cuz I hear someone with bad taste (Buy The Starts is good tho)

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Did she only get rid of them in some countries? They're still on belgian spotify. They're not on Apple Music tho, which is weird.

I'm talking about the "revised" tracklist for the American release, which was then (unfortunately) also used for the vinyl release. They are, of course, still part of the European deluxe edition. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

There was a Neon Nature date where she people were screaming Buy the Stars and she really went "BUY THE STARS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" then people were like "wow bitch" and she kinda tried to make it up "Well, maybe someday."

She never performed the song before and I don't think she ever spoke about it. She performed all the other Electra Heart songs at least once tho.

She could always change the key for the song tho, not sure if it's really a live problem. But it's more like how she cut it from the USA edition of the album and really erased it.

While on subject for live performances, I'd like to mention how she just killed with Neon Nature??? 

I can't sing lies without going on a deeper voice on "Worth the FIGHT" like she did while singing it. Or the amazing Obsessions "Ohoh ohhhhhh"

Once I saw a video on facebook and it was "expectatition x reality" and it was obsessions playing on a phone and then going into neon nature live and the video was so flawless. I never found that video again\or the right tour date from where the "LIVE" bit was took.

Also: Lies Bridge from Lonely Hearts. A moment.

Where's that video of Neon Nature? The one where she says the bit about Buy The Stars?

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Buy The Stars is truly her most underrated song...

Like, it would've fit perfectly on the standard edition. And the fact she hasn't never perfomed it live makes it even more homophobic.

It's one of the favourite songs by the fandom, (incluiding me).

Also, BTS>>>F&L :makeup:

Anyways, can't wait to stream Marina's masterpiece, best creation, her statement, the actual bible aka 'FROOT' tomorrow :D

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Buy The Stars is truly her most underrated song...

Like, it would've fit perfectly on the standard edition. And the fact she hasn't never perfomed it live makes it even more homophobic.

It's one of the favourite songs by the fandom, (incluiding me).

Also, BTS>>>F&L :makeup:

Anyways, can't wait to stream Marina's masterpiece, best creation, her statment, the actual bible aka 'FROOT' tomorrow :D

as much as i do not enjoy ur presence this is some hot t

xMcVPI7.jpg

Stream Lonely fucking Hearts Club

God, this album is so iconic

Also, what do you guys think the lyrics to the title track are about? Obv the song is meant to serve as an ending to the EH era, and represent the death of EH, but the lyrics themselves are so cryptic

Also I need the proper instrumental to it like I need air to breathe :prettyhurts:

negAbhB.png