Jaeden xx

Priscilla (Directed by Sofia Coppola)

I haven't seen the movieย but if Elvis Presley's own family members are against it, maybe that's why Lana didn't want to have a song in it. She's a big Elvisย fan right?

โœง ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ก๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ž, ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•™๐•–๐•’๐••ย โœง

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

I haven't seen the movie but if Elvis Presley's own family members are against it, maybe that's why Lana didn't want to make a song for itย 

Kind of unrelated but thatย entire family is a fucking mess lmao (except Riley seems fairly normal? Besides possibly being a Scientologist still?) I feel like I really have to just enjoy Elvis/Priscilla as characters and not real people otherwise itโ€™s kind of hard to enjoy things about them lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

โ€ห–ยฐย โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”ย this is my idea of funย ยฐโ€โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”*:๏ฝฅ

I want to watch the movie, but it doesn't feel like a watch at the first week within it's release sort of movie for me personally. without any spoilers, can someone summarize a theme of the film past the trailer?ย 

also, i think it's actually a good thing Lana's not on it. idk it just doesn't feel like the right time imo.ย 

UV/Honeymoon

13 minutes ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

I want to watch the movie, but it doesn't feel like a watch at the first week within it's release sort of movie for me personally. without any spoilers, can someone summarize a theme of the film past the trailer?ย 

also, i think it's actually a good thing Lana's not on it. idk it just doesn't feel like the right time imo.ย 

Spoiler

Basically it just covers everything from when they meet to the divorce. It goes much more into the abuse, drug use, and the reality of a 24 year old dating a 14 year old. It isnโ€™t really any new info but a very interesting watch and an amazing retelling from Priscillaโ€™s pov.ย 
ย 

Also after watching the film it is a very good choice no Lana song was included, it would have felt cheesy and out of placeย 

ย 

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
ย  Hide contents

Basically it just covers everything from when they meet to the divorce. It goes much more into the abuse, drug use, and the reality of a 24 year old dating a 14 year old. It isnโ€™t really any new info but a very interesting watch and an amazing retelling from Priscillaโ€™s pov.ย 
ย 

Also after watching the film it is a very good choice no Lana song was included, it would have felt cheesy and out of placeย 

ย 

ok yeah I kinda thought that from the trailer. I think listening to Lana's music so much it sorta gave me a kind of summary of that, so it's kinda interesting how u might mention that her music might seem like that regarding the movie. noted thanksย 

ย 

UV/Honeymoon

On 11/4/2023 at 5:04 PM, Coloringbooks said:

If that was the case, theyย could've just picked up a random old track for the movie.ย 

ย 

This is aย Sofia Coppola movie. It has to be theย ''new Lana''ย for it to work/fit the vibe of the movie.

I finally saw the movie last night and I really liked it! I love that we got to see this storyย from Priscilla's perspective, especially afterย the Elvis movie that came out last yearย 

ย 

Since the movie is based on Priscilla's memoir, I kindaย wanna read it now to see how similar it is lol

On 11/5/2023 at 7:29 PM, Coloringbooks said:

I haven't seen the movieย but if Elvis Presley's own family members are against it, maybe that's why Lana didn't want to have a song in it. She's a big Elvisย fan right?

TW/ rape , sexual assault

not all family , just his daughter who frankly did not know him and (maybe his grandkids who also donโ€™t)ย priscilla is all for it and she knew him and herself best. if thatโ€™s why lana didnโ€™t do it iโ€™d be disappointed because anyone can see clear as day he abused priscilla. additionally, i thought the movie was nicer to elvis than it could've been- it excluded a full on rapeย scene, which admittedly was done for priscillaโ€™s sake after she appeared to regret writing it in her memoir due to backlash.ย 

92ab1b20f89426d7002220de2bae1127443f8f9c
Late night thoughts:

Just thinking about what it could been if she was on the Priscillaย  soundtrack, I want to hear you guys opinions. What song would you choose for the movie? A new song would been better? Or an unreleased song. Personally for me I have mixed opinions on this topic. Because I definitely wanted her on the movie soundtrack but Iโ€™m having trouble imagining what song would be perfect for itย 

896ef43154b8768c609d5f61954d67b5f1a89ab3

Lanas decisionย 

Moving into Lanaโ€™s decision im not really sure the reasoning of her declining to make a song for the movie but im surprised she did decline when I watched the Sofia Coppola interview of her saying ย it was scheduled conflict I was just surprised that was her answer knowing Elvis and Priscillas look was one of her main looks when she was coming up back in 2012.5e0d976fa6770fedd00049b4adfb854e7ba2bda6

note

Thereโ€™s probably already a discussion about this but I havenโ€™t logged on here in such a long time just wanted to hear more Lana fans outlooks.

jimbeam x

8c9c7d0b1546ccaa3295622d4fa5b2dee1a7bae4

Hereโ€™s the Priscilla vinyl-

ย https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/various-artists-priscilla-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-limited-lp?category=vinyl-records&color=040&type=REGULAR
Apparently only 2,000 copies will be sold so get it while you canย :kiss:

stars in my eyes

ย  ย โŠนหšโ‹† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’†๐’” โ€งโ‚Šยฐย  ย 

ย 

27 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

ย https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/various-artists-priscilla-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-limited-lp?category=vinyl-records&color=040&type=REGULAR

Damn, thank you for this!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Ladyย [to Laura]: โ€œWhen this kind of fire starts, it isย 
veryย hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.โ€

40 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

got mine, surprised it didn't sell out yet!

43 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

europe ROBBEDย :suicide:

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

ย 

Do you by any chance know if the vinyl will be released in the U.K.? Maybe a later date, like the movie?ย 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

1 minute ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

ย 

Do you by any chance know if the vinyl will be released in the U.K.? Maybe a later date, like the movie?ย 

iโ€™ve been looking online it doesnโ€™t look like it, especially since theyโ€™re heavy on the โ€œonly 2000 units madeโ€ย :huh:

giphy.gif

it would be cool if they were hand-numbered. I loveee the color of the pressing though!