Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

12 minutes ago, Louise said:

What he says in the 2nd half, the string arrangement did something interesting at the beginning of DYKTTATUOB, "now it's swelling and expansive, and it's making me say OMG this is the REAL thing. This is, it's actually GREAT! I like it. I like it." Picking apart the instrumentals, it makes me appreciate the song more! And the way he observes Lana's voice gets left alone, and she sings sharp, but that conveys emotion.

Β 

exactly!! loved that part too

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

On 12/11/2022 at 6:18 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't dislike the song by any means but I still don't think it marries sound and lyrics in a way that makes it amazing. This was my #1 complaint with COCC and BB: very few songs on those albums get that balance right, at least in my (probably unpopular) opinion. One exception is BBS

For me, TUOB is in similar vein to songs like Textbook, Arcadia and Wildfire. They just all give me the sense that they are poems with musical accompaniment, rather than songs. IMO a song marries the two qualities seamlessly and these songs (including TUOB) just don't.

And this opinion has nothing to do with the meaning of the song - I grasp that as well as the next person, I think, and the meaning is very impactful - it's more the composition that I don't like.

So you know, for me, it's just okay. It's interesting because of the lyrics but do I want to sit and listen to it on repeat? No.

I love the final third of the song but I think I understand what you mean because to me it sounds heroic, hopeful, a little bittersweet, yet optimistic. And that runs contrary to "don't forget me"/"love me until I love myself"/"when's it gonna be my turn"

On 12/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t know anything about Mike Hermosa’s production, but for the three others, I love how that track allows each and one of them to shine Β« individually » while still creating an amazing cohesive songΒ :wub:

that’s one of my favorite things about this track. It’s the best aspects of their production in one track, it’s really greatΒ 

sgopYhV.gif

Been a while since I posted.

Β 

Just heard the song. Very Blue Bannisters imho, but that is a huge compliment from where I sit.Β 

Β 

(This thread is 5 pages of OMFGOMFGOMFG followed by 30 pages of Well, It's Not That Great Really, amirite? I didn't read it yet.)

Β 

Β 

Β 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside.Β 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:22 AM, rural legend said:

it has a similar vibe to If You Lie Down With Me - does anyone else think that?

Β 

Yes.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside.Β 

7 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

i truly fear you’re a scat troll:toofunny:

No I'm not. Just really don't like this song and i'm shocked that Boz was described it like a pure gold.Β