Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

28 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Those people need to clean them ears out, this album so far sounds nothing like NFR, COCC, or BB.

But again, only real fans can tell the difference between Lana's albums;)

real fans or not, it sounds a lot like if you lie down with me. which is a good thing, i liked that song a lot. it is what it is. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

15 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

anyone else who thinks ocean blvd sounds similar to if you lie down with me ? 

a lot of people have said that but I don't really hear it?

It reminds me more of LMLYLAW (but much better) and maybe a little bit of Tomorrow Never Came

7 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

a lot of people have said that but I don't really haer it?

It reminds me more of LMLYLAW (but much better) and maybe a little bit of Tomorrow Never Came

10 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

anyone else who thinks ocean blvd sounds similar to if you lie down with me ? 

The melody is similar on some parts, yes. When she opens the song, it reminds me of « talk to me with that whisky breath », and the chorus reminds me of « light me up like a Fourth of July ». IYLDWM is probably my favourite song ouf of BB, but I didn’t think she could top it :cryney2:

9 hours ago, Urbanney said:

It’s grown/growing on me. On first listen, it just reminded me of LMLYLAW, Arcadia, and just BB overall, which was disappointing. The lyrics really pulled me in, and I’m warming up to the song overall. Once the album comes out, I doubt I’ll ever listen to it individually, but I can’t wait to see it within the context of the album. 

I’m not particularly concerned because Lana likes to release ballads as singles that I never tend to really care for or listen to regularly in the long term (Terrance Loves You, Hope is a dangerous thing, LMLYLAW, Arcadia), and they usually aren’t really that great of a preview of the rest of the album. So I have hope that the rest could be different and better, even if this is growing on me. 

I just really am hoping for a strong album this time around. Having two albums in a row where I regularly skipped half the songs kinda hurt me since Lana has been one of my favorite artists ever from the moment I discovered her a decade ago. 

Not trying at all to gaslight you, because I share some parts in what you said, but I, too, skip some parts of both COCC and BB and hopes that this album will go bigger (which I’m sure it will). 
but here’s how I see COCC and BB: they were her « pandemic albums », when she was at a standstill and couldn’t create the way she used to. COCC is a reflection on her career and BB is a reflection on her personal trauma / passed relationships. Although both albums have standout tracks, others, with their minimal production, I had a « problem » relating to some themes and couldn’t lean on production alone to enjoy the tracks, as opposed to her first albums where I could always rely on the music to like the song nonetheless (ArtDeco and Carmen, for example : I don’t have anything in my life to relate to them but the music won me over nonetheless). For Free and Dance Til We die are beautiful but are too much about her life as an artist ; same for the motherhood songs on BB like Cherry Blossom or Sweet Carolina. 
anyways, sorry for the long essay: these are my two cents that I wanted to share. 

9 hours ago, Urbanney said:

It’s grown/growing on me. On first listen, it just reminded me of LMLYLAW, Arcadia, and just BB overall, which was disappointing. The lyrics really pulled me in, and I’m warming up to the song overall. Once the album comes out, I doubt I’ll ever listen to it individually, but I can’t wait to see it within the context of the album. 

I’m not particularly concerned because Lana likes to release ballads as singles that I never tend to really care for or listen to regularly in the long term (Terrance Loves You, Hope is a dangerous thing, LMLYLAW, Arcadia), and they usually aren’t really that great of a preview of the rest of the album. So I have hope that the rest could be different and better, even if this is growing on me. 

I just really am hoping for a strong album this time around. Having two albums in a row where I regularly skipped half the songs kinda hurt me since Lana has been one of my favorite artists ever from the moment I discovered her a decade ago. 

I'm still indecisive about how I feel about the song. :krylie:  As usual I'm always amazed by her lyricism but her singing tone and melody doesn't land for me. I'm still excited for the album because I always end up loving every single song of hers even the ones I initially hate where at one point in my life they really hit when they make sense to me. But it's fine to be critical of her work as a fan because it comes from a place of adoration and genuine concern for the artist.

15 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Its her best song of all time.

for me it is  at the moment because I don't want to listen to anything else. I think it's her best and most poignant single since Love, although Arcadia impressed me a lot too.

It's strange to me that Honeymouns is obsessed with this track and hating on Blue Banisters bc the two are not that different, the track could've fit on BB and I wouldn't have found it weird 

1 minute ago, fierybkn said:

It's strange to me that Honeymouns is obsessed with this track and hating on Blue Banisters bc the two are not that different, the track could've fit on BB and I wouldn't have found it weird 

i was thinking the exact same, especially since they shit on IYLDWM and BBS a lot and tunnel is a yassified version of them

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, kaliuchis said:

i was thinking the exact same, especially since they shit on IYLDWM and BBS a lot and tunnel is a yassified version of them

I don't even think it's a yassified version, it's more orchestral so I guess that's what they like about it, but hating on her last album still doesn't make sense if you're loving Ocean Blvd in my opinion