Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

4 minutes ago, World At War said:

they meant in streams

one single with 0 promo that no one knew would come out yesterday vs the lead single of one of the biggest tv series ever only for it to end up barely getting 100k streams more :rip:

3 minutes ago, Fever said:

i consider myself a fortitude of emotional strength n resilience i know who i am, and w that, listening to this song holy shit. tears. its like u can feel her pain and u just wanna walk w her and get her a pick me up or something to make her feel better 

I wanna give her five :crying2:

Also I played the title track for the first time in the car today and it was so good:trisha::lange:

Really trying to not listen too much to it but it's hard ,  there is sth very addictive about the song :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

9 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Also I shouldn’t be embarrassed to admit this but I actually cried listening to the title track & I never do, much less with a song I don’t identify a ton with???

Maybe it’s just end-of-the-semester stress, but the song is just so raw. The vulnerability is palpable, and comparing herself to a forgotten tunnel in a world where millions feel they understand her is heartbreaking, really. It almost has an existential undertone like that of Landslide as well. 

It really goes to show how much she’s grown as an artist by being able to move people with fairly obscure, highly individualized life experiences in a—by many current literary standards—successful poetic fashion. 

I genuinely believe she’s making the music that fulfills her, and it’s really inspiring seeing how her old covers of tracks like Chelsea Hotel No. 2, Goodbye Kiss, etc. are reflected in her music today.

I agree, and I teared up listening too! :ohsnap2: On a personal note, I (and likely so many others reading this) have felt so caught up in the fast currents of life and feeling like I’m on this never-ending path of climbing a ladder that only has more rungs, that I’m just like, God! When’s it gonna be my turn? :icant2:The turn to truly live and be seen for what you are, which is exactly what I see Lana grappling with on this song. It’s tough out here for us all, but this song and record hopefully make for a companion that reminds us that we can thrive <3

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I agree, and I teared up listening too! :ohsnap2: On a personal note, I (and likely so many others reading this) have felt so caught up in the fast currents of life and feeling like I’m on this never-ending path of climbing a ladder that only has more rungs, that I’m just like, God! When’s it gonna be my turn? :icant2:The turn to truly live and be seen for what you are, which is exactly what I see Lana grappling with on this song. It’s tough out here for us all, but this song and record hopefully make for a companion that reminds us that we can thrive <3

Omg I love u welcome back!!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat