Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I think it's just the photoshoot set because it was in fact big involving different people and props

it was a few people, her brother, a car and a cigarette. Is that a bigger shoot for her than Tropico? Or Ride? Or Don't Call Me Angel? I don't think so.

19 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Is it as bad as that crappy "Flowers" song?

Her voice in this album unbearable. It really sounds like she smokes 4 packs of cigarrettes/day.

but, now talking about lana: 

i’d die for her to release a bop as a single. Idk why, as much as I know that lana doesn’t care about the charts, I think that it would be funny for her to have like a smash hit

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

Spoiler

Grandfather is sort of a twist when it comes to its themes. Releasing it as a single would be bold and sort of combative/defiant :burn:

Exactly.

p.s. you're so hot lol

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler to quoted text

Just now, barttttender said:

it was a few people, her brother, a car and a cigarette. Was that bigger than Tropico? Or Ride? Or Don't Call Me Angel? I don't think so.

biggest for a photoshoot.. that's what it's implied I think

Just now, marryingkind said:

Her voice in unbearable. It really sounds like she smokes 4 packs of cigarrettes/day.

but, now talking about lana: 

i’d die for her to release a bop as a single. Idk why, as much as I know that lana doesn’t care about the charts, I think that it would be funny for her to have like a smash hit

I agree! Her last bop in traditional terms were Doin' Time and Don't Call Me Angel - three years ago.

Maybe it'll be Peppers or Candy Necklace (if it's a bop).

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I agree! Her last bop in traditional terms were Doin' Time and Don't Call Me Angel - three years ago.

Maybe it'll be Peppers or Candy Necklace (if it's a bop).

Fishtail is right there for TikTok girlies too. :smokes:

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

biggest for a photoshoot.. that's what it's implied I think

I hear ya. But I still think that after all the videos she's done, films, shoots and magazine cover shoots in America and internationally- she wouldn't refer to that Interview Magazine shoot as something out of the ordinary. 

7 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Exactly.

p.s. you're so hot lol

Damn, thank you. I can assure you I know my angles first and foremost. But appreciate the compliment. Your username being centered around one of NFR’s best tracks is just as hot.

——

Now that I’ve listened to the Kali and Miley records, my excitement and appreciation for Lana’s artistry and overall existence skyrocketed even higher. I think it’s “easier” (for the lack of a better word) to make pop music that is generically written in a way that the GP will resonate with and relate to - specially if it’s all laced with a production that captures all of the current trends (in Miley’s case). No disrespect to Kali or Miley as both albums are pretty good (Kali’s specially) but the fact that we’re about to get a 77 minutes long abrasive, complex and dense body of work that will tackle pretty dark subjects and defiantly aim for different sonorities and genres all clashing together in the service of a pretty unique and singular vision and storytelling truly makes Lana stand out even more than usual. She’s truly on a lane of her own.

IMG-1607.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

Damn, thank you. I can assure you I know my angles first and foremost. But appreciate the compliment. Your username being centered around one of NFR’s best tracks is just as hot.

——

Now that I’ve listened to the Kali and Miley records, my excitement and appreciation for Lana’s artistry and overall existence skyrocketed even higher. I think it’s “easier” (for the lack of a better word) to make pop music that is genetically written in a way that the GP will resonate with and relate to - specially if it’s all laced with a production that captures all of the current trends (in Miley’s case). No disrespect to Kali or Miley as both albums are pretty good (Kali’s specially) but the fact that we’re about to get a 77 minutes abrasive, complex and dense body of work that will tackle pretty dark subjects and defiantly aim for different sonorities and genres all clashing together in the service of a pretty unique and singular vision and storytelling truly makes Lana stand out even more than usual. She’s truly on a lane of her own.

Ahh, another Bartttender fan... Hot and Smart lool. Check your dms 

4 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Fishtail is right there for TikTok girlies too. :smokes:

Spoiler

Okay just heard the sample. It's giving Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak auto-tune sexy slow-twerk vibes. Definitely Tik-Tok friendly. Not a single though.

Hi y’all, 

I’m literally 291 pages behind and reading (yes, reading with all the spoilers. It’s like a reading a history book). I just wanted to buzz here in the future and ask if you suggest me to jump to a page number ??? 

Spoiler

I’m right know at the “white woman” drama 

5 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Reveal hidden contents

Okay just heard the sample. It's giving Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak auto-tune sexy slow-twerk vibes. Definitely Tik-Tok friendly. Not a single though.

Spoiler

I heard a snippet, and Jack completely remade the instrumental with more beats. And Lana's voice definitely has an autotune. Spunds very promising. :wub:

yall need to stop being immature about Miley, you're acting like Miley is a villain who purposefully released her album so that she could outshine Lana, they're both amazing and extremely talented and yall are just being childish rn, and if you really want to blame someone i would blame Lana's team for choosing to delay the album since it's obviously a move for the charts and we know Lana doesn't care about charts but her team does, it's their job.

i think that lana named the song “fishtail” because  fishtail is the hairstyle that that friend should have done to the girl but then he never did (she talked about this in the rolling stone interview) 

42 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Is it as bad as that crappy "Flowers" song?

It’s a fantastic record and that song smashed. Stay mad,  impatient, and don’t listen baby! :true:

You couldn’t handle it :wink: