Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Honestly hope it's the latter, I love watching them eat shit over her music, especially after they crowned her America's best singer-somgwriter overnight with that one album I won't mention, despite hating on almost everything released before and after. :teehee:

not expecting critical failure

its just lowkey upsetting that some ppl have already decided for some reason that they dont like the album?? we have heard one completed released song, like i would really really wait before comparing it to cotcc and bb in a negative way :toofloppy: 

just comes off as trying to find something to complain abt atp (also u cannot tell me there’s not more hype for this era than bb lol… cuz there is by a LONG long shot) :awk:

and this is coming from someone who listens to way more of lanas old music!! i can feel that way and have that preference without complaining abt every little thing 💀

Edited by angelphoenix
ps. if u cant hear the diff between tunnel (song) and the worse stuff off the last 2 albums … idk what to tell u girl

gWCT.gif

:hoe:

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

not expecting critical failure

I was mainly joking, but I'm also not expecting critics to suck her artistic dick over any future releases as much as they did with NFR.

This album is shaping up to be very camp, I'm sure that will resonate well. :lanahairflip:

really excited for her to sample venice bitch but REALLY hate the title Taco Truck x VB. like why couldn’t she have just called it Taco Truck 😭 even then, i would have been apprehensive but at least it wouldn’t look like the title of a youtube mashup. still, im sure its gonna be amazing and im really excited but GOD i hate that title as of right now.

on a more positive note, Paris, Texas is a beautiful title and so her. she’s already made reference to that film in the BTS of the West Coast MV. 

giphy.gif

I haven't been this excited for a new Lana release since NFR. The visuals for this era are exactly what I would expect from a mature Lana. Definitely a natural evolution from the same artist that gave us BTD, UV & NFR.

I know that Lana has been getting undeserved body shaming on socials recently. I feel like this era is Lana saying, I don't give a fuck, and here are my titts!

I'm living for ...Ocean Blvd!!!! 

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 minute ago, yassgrenade said:

really excited for her to sample venice bitch but REALLY hate the title Taco Truck x VB. like why couldn’t she have just called it Taco Truck 😭

BoZ said AW is called A&W on streaming so it's possible that they also just call it Taco Truck on streaming like @Kintsugi thought.

I just know they have something great in store for us these coming weeks. It makes no sense to delay an album for a number one if they are going to rely on vibes for the sales :true:

Do we have confirmation that Byron and Blake work for other people together? I know they play for other people of course but separately.

Even though I find James Corden to be a weird place to do her first "live" performance is years. It's probably prerecorded but still live (not like whatever they were doing during covid)

giphy.gif

In Yayo, Lana's dead lover is a beautiful tunnel lined with yellow lights. In Ocean Blvd, Lana herself has become the tunnel, but is left forgotten. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

I put her entire catalog on shuffle last night, and I still don't see this massive change everyone else sees. She's still a visionary, she still makes timeless music ("This is What Makes Us Girls" and  "Arcadia" back to back, I don't think anything changed, I still see the very same LDR at the core of both songs); all I can say is that her music became a little bit more chill, laid back, and contemplative. That's it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about this album and that album, but to say that she completely changed and became a different person is just a fabrication. The heart and soul of LDR can be found in her entire catalog regardless of our own individual preferences for sound and style.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

I put her entire catalog on shuffle last night, and I still don't see this massive change everyone else sees. She's still a visionary, she still makes timeless music ("This is What Makes Us Girls" and  "Arcadia" back to back, I don't think anything changed, I still see the very same LDR at the core of both songs); all I can say is that her music became a little bit more chill, laid back, and contemplative. That's it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about this album and that album, but to say that she completely changed and became a different person is just a fabrication. The heart and soul of LDR can be found in her entire catalog regardless of our own individual preferences for sound and style.

My thoughts exactly. I upsets me to see people hate on her newer work. I get it’s an opinion, but there’s still a lot of similarities. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Enough with her past albums, let's discuss how excellent Fishtail will be with this sample. :oprah3:

I still refuse to listen to the samples that will be on this album, but the way you all are talking about this track has me so hyped

Fishtail supremacy! 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

In Yayo, Lana's dead lover is a beautiful tunnel lined with yellow lights. In Ocean Blvd, Lana herself has become the tunnel, but is left forgotten. 

And that’s poetry motherfuckers :wink:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, yassgrenade said:

anyway im most excited for Paris Texas and Fingertips! (and Taco Truck though i HATE the title)

Weird Lana titles are always interesting songs (in the best way) :brows:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

GPSOTSOMFWHDSF supremacy :hooker:

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Starting to think "Peppers" will be the underdog of the album