Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Hello besties. Haven't been able to log on much ever since I got a new phone.(I don't even remember my account details :()

A&W slayed. It ended everybody periodttt. 

I know the tiktok gays are gonna eat it up and jump into their slutty whore era.

The melody of "Your Mom called ..." is almost the same as Taylor's WNGBT " I hate you, we break up. You call me...."

Are we expecting a 3rd single? Makes sense to release a single just 1 week prior to the album release.  Sweet?

The title track and A&W are up there as some of her finest work ever. The production is insane and so is everything else, her voice, the melodies, lyrics (!) and all the details. Also A&W is one of her saddest/darker songs. I was honestly scared of the "slutty trap beat" description insiders gave... sorry, but why are some Lana stans so musically basic/ignorant? I would've never described this song that way... Goes to show how some people only see the tiniest bit of surface in music.

Anyway, these are her strongest singles since MAC/VB (which were career-shifting). I hope Tunnel becomes her most acclaimed work.

I'm still shocked how smooth that transition is :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

29 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

the  "slutty trap beat" description insiders gave... sorry, but why are some Lana stans so musically basic/ignorant?

idk about all that bc for me the beat itself simply is slutting.. whether it matches with the lyrics or not  :sluttybunny:

I love the songs from start to the end so much & no one asked for it but here are some of my favourite moments:

The intro bc the guitar & the piano are so beautiful :wowcry:

The Pre-Chorus, Rosemead & doesn't really really matter part , those harmonies !! :oprah:

The piano & vocals in the second verse , it's beyond beautiful :krylie:

The jumpscares in the transition,  I'm living for them :oprah4:

When Shimmy Shimmy Koko Bop part starts :beyonce:

The last minute, with the verse over the NFR sample, the lost my mind part , then the crazy sound & the scream into the Shimmy Shimmy Koko Bop part :hype:

Everytime she says Your mom called , I told her you fucking up big time :grinds:

And probably more like the sound effects & details, but damn A&W is really that good & I have yet dive more deeper into the lyrics but they already leaving me speechless :krylie::trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Very strong debut on Spotify: 

1st Day - Partial (only 9 hours of tracking) 

🌍 WW: #139 (NEW) — 1,251,647 (filtered)
🇺🇸 US: #93 (NEW) — 410,167 (filtered)
🇬🇧 UK: #89 (NEW) — 92,349 (filtered)

The title track got 1,355,631 filtered streams on its first day (partial), so the gap between the two tracks consists of 100,000 streams. For a surprise drop of a 7-minute album track with zero playlisting on a Tuesday, this is quite impressive. Hopefully it’ll have a healthy run and - why not? - perform even better (the TikTok stans have to make it go viral though!) in the upcoming days/weeks until the album release date. Lana deserves this. :true:

I’m genuinely so sick of seeing y&b, summertime sadness, west coast, doin time, and the snow ❄️❤️ song in Lana’s top tracks on Spotify :facepalm: Can we please get A&W up there :smokes3:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

I’m genuinely so sick of seeing y&b, summertime sadness, west coast, doin time, and the snow ❄️❤️ song in Lana’s top tracks on Spotify :facepalm: Can we please get A&W up there :smokes3:

I really feel like the GP is missing out on so many of her best songs 

Though this list slaps (minus Snow..) :hottie: