Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I really am getting Laura Palmer vibes from this song. Laura was always writing in her secret diary about her darkest and innermost thoughts, which is exactly the feeling this song and I think the album in general will be giving, matched beautifully with the album art of Lana looking like a girl from the past full of secrets of her own that will start to spill out as her restlessness gets the best of her.

The second part is so fascinating because it's like we rewind back to a place where the version of Lana that's singing doesn't see the darkness that we can see, it is all fun and games for her. She does wanna get high with Jimmy over and over, she does think it's funny when his mom calls, she does just wanna vibe without a thought beyond the repetition of an endless good time. But through the questions asked in the first half of the song and the menacing production that follows, we're able to see an outcome that she doesn't see yet. Even Laura Palmer had fun walking with fire until it was too late :lange:

you always make me see her songs from different angles... appreciate you :kiss3:

I said this before and I'll say it again, I think this record is reaching into those dark places a lot of us have wanted Lana to go towards again and that typically turns out to be some of her best work. It's shaping up to be an unmeant follow up to UV and I'm so fucking here for it. Idc if it doesn't turn out to be in that style of rock sounds i just want that style of writing from Lana again. Honeymoon saw a direction of her lyrics straying from that dark style, more light and fun, with some dark lyrics like The Blackest Day and then ever since LFL, it seems like she's had small tinges of darkness, but it's more far and few between. If this album turns out totally different from what I'm thinking but it still has the level of writing that Hope had or A&W or TUOB has, I'd be content and happy with that. Her lyrical structure thus far from this album seems a step up from things like Love Song or Dance Till We Die or Beautiful or Violets for Roses. Don't get me wrong, I like those tracks and they're fine, but I want that rich, poetic lyricist back and I think we're getting it again :icant: 

Remember Get Free she said out of the black into the blue? I like to think of it like this (your opinion may differ):

AKA - black

BTD - blue

UV - black

HM - blue

LFL - blue

NFR - blue

COCC - black 

BB - blue with grey tinges

DYCKTATTOO - black 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 hours ago, living legend said:

LETS PLAY A GAME WHILE WE WAIT FOR OUR NEXT SERVE.

Rank the rest of the tracks off the record in order of how excited you are to hear them for the first time. I'll start!

1. Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of my Father While He's Deep Sea-Fishing

2. Kintsugi

3. Paris, Texas

4. Taco Truck x VB

5. The Grants

6. Fishtail

7. Let The Light In

8. Sweet

9. Fingertips

10. Candy Necklace

11. Margaret

12. Peppers

13. Judah Smith Interlude

14. Jon Batiste Interlude 

1. candy necklace

2. sweet

3. taco truck x venice bitch 

4. paris, texas.

5. kintsugi 

6. peppers

7. the grants 

8. fishtail

9. let the light in 

10. margaret

11. jon bastise interlude

12. judah smith interlude

13. fingertips 

14. grandfather 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

6 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I really am getting Laura Palmer vibes from this song. Laura was always writing in her secret diary about her darkest and innermost thoughts, which is exactly the feeling this song and I think the album in general will be giving, matched beautifully with the album art of Lana looking like a girl from the past full of secrets of her own that will start to spill out as her restlessness gets the best of her.

The second part is so fascinating because it's like we rewind back to a place where the version of Lana that's singing doesn't see the darkness that we can see, it is all fun and games for her. She does wanna get high with Jimmy over and over, she does think it's funny when his mom calls, she does just wanna vibe without a thought beyond the repetition of an endless good time. But through the questions asked in the first half of the song and the menacing production that follows, we're able to see an outcome that she doesn't see yet. Even Laura Palmer had fun walking with fire until it was too late :lange:

I LOVE the Twin Peaks comparison. :sass: The song does feel very Lynchian, especially the transition to the second half

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

10 hours ago, living legend said:

LETS PLAY A GAME WHILE WE WAIT FOR OUR NEXT SERVE.

Rank the rest of the tracks off the record in order of how excited you are to hear them for the first time. I'll start!

1. Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of my Father While He's Deep Sea-Fishing

2. Kintsugi

3. Paris, Texas

4. Taco Truck x VB

5. The Grants

6. Fishtail

7. Let The Light In

8. Sweet

9. Fingertips

10. Candy Necklace

11. Margaret

12. Peppers

13. Judah Smith Interlude

Grandfather

Let the Light In

Kintsugi

Paris, Texas

Taco Truck x VB

Peppers

Sweet

Fingertips

The Grants

Candy Necklace

Fishtail

Margaret

Judah Smith Interlude

Jon Batiste Interlude

8V7Yvel.png

3 hours ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

lana’s videos are iconic and unique what are you talking about? I still watch them. 

not to say that the videos are bad or shouldn't be made, i'm just saying, i don't think they're necessary in 2023 like they were when artists didn't have social media. it's not 2004 anymore :fabcat:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Grandfather

Let the Light In

Kintsugi

Paris, Texas

Taco Truck x VB

Peppers

Sweet

Fingertips

The Grants

Candy Necklace

Fishtail

Margaret

Judah Smith Interlude

Jon Batiste Interlude

the grants

fingertips

grandfather

candy necklace

fishtail

let the light in

kintsugi

peppers

paris, Texas

Sweet

Taco truck

Margaret

Interludes

11 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I just looked at her stories, who was pitting her and Lana against each other I’m so confused :toofunny:

i had the same reaction, lmao. is it all in her head? because i haven't seen that at all..... but we love Lana promo.

song anticipation ranking:

1. Kintsugi

2. Paris, Texas

3. Fingertips

4. Taco Truck x VB

5. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea-fishing

6. Margaret

7. Sweet

8. Candy Necklace

9. Peppers 

10. Fishtail

11. The Grants

12. Judah Smith Interlude

13. Let The Light In 

her track 1s are always iconic, so idk why i'm not as excited for The Grants. i bet money it's going to be a favorite of mine.

15 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I just looked at her stories, who was pitting her and Lana against each other I’m so confused :toofunny:

She probably saw some weird stan twitter comments :thumb2:

But yeah without any context is seems a bigger deal than it probably is

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

poor Margaret and Sweet. they have their work cut out for them. :lmao:

I honestly think sweet will surprise people because the descriptions of it and lyrics we have seem like it will be good, I think people just took the “love song” of the album too seriously :rip: I don’t think it will actually sound like love song, but rather just be a more heartfelt lowkey moment 

margaret is destined to be forgotten sadly so it better be GOOD

We've only got hours
And I just can't stop crying
Cause all of the ways
When you see someone dying
The sea of your daze flashing in front of you
And you think about who will be with you

Daddy, I miss them
I'm in the mountains
I'm probably running away from the feelings I hid
When I think of the things about them

Brought by the sunlight of the spirit to pour into me

There's a name for it in Japanese
It's Kintsugi

I give myself two seconds to cry
Let it crash over me like the waves in the sea

I give myself two seconds to breathe
Go back to being a serene queen

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

poor Margaret and Sweet. they have their work cut out for them. :lmao:

I have faith in them :trisha:  Like you said earlier, Margaret is too long to be bad, and also Sweet I think will be a necessary breather between two heavier songs