Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

It's also the fact that BOZ said the sample is used in a way none of us is expecting, like... :bebe: what does that mean 

Do you know when he said this? I only remember him calling Peppers / Tommy Genesis a "feature" and that he has to listen to it more before rating it.

13 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

It's also the fact that BOZ said the sample is used in a way none of us is expecting, like... :bebe: what does that mean 

haven't stopped thinking about when he said that

21 minutes ago, taco truck said:

If A&W ends up not being in my top 3, then this will end up being in my top 3 Lana albums . However rn I’m thinking it’s gonna be #4 or #5 just based on pure gut feeling lol

i really doubt a&w will be on my top 3. it’s a bombtastic song but i think kintsugi, fingertips, grandfather, and paris texas are all coming to dominate. 

(i also have high expectations for let the light in, especially since kintsugi compared it to 

Spoiler

religion

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

26 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

NEED a cotcc title track level song on here.  that song slowly grew on me SO much with repeated listens and remains one of my favs from her. that album may not be my absolute favorite in terms of her whole discography, but i really do love the different sound she went for.

I prefer COTCC to Blue Banisters.. it just flows better for some reason 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

23 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i’m veryyy curious to know what peppers sounds like. i feel like it’s the florida kilos of the album - a catchy bop, not in anyone’s top 5 but still cute. might have kinda simple lyrics/theme (like how florida kilos repeats yayo and is just about cocaine)

not in anyones top 5? girl..... :sadcore2: you're on a hit list now

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

i havent heard much about what styles/genres we think will be the influence of this album. im especially curious about what paris, texas is gonna sound like, i dont really remember what instruments it said there were in the prod credits. do we think this album will be softer, like her past few albums, or more rock influenced, with heavy, dark acoustic guitar like part 1 of a&w? 

probably a mix of both, but id be fine with the songs either way, and im excited nonetheless. im just expecting some of these songs to be sorta different from what we've been used to hearing from her recently. i think many of the songs are going to be experimental compared to her previous stuff.

9 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:

i havent heard much about what styles/genres we think will be the influence of this album. im especially curious about what paris, texas is gonna sound like, i dont really remember what instruments it said there were in the prod credits. do we think this album will be softer, like her past few albums, or more rock influenced, with heavy, dark acoustic guitar like part 1 of a&w? 

probably a mix of both, but id be fine with the songs either way, and im excited nonetheless. im just expecting some of these songs to be sorta different from what we've been used to hearing from her recently. i think many of the songs are going to be experimental compared to her previous stuff.

I’m thinking mix of jazz, 90s grunge/ rock, and hip hop based on A&W, Ocean Blvd, and the descriptions we have, of course with that classic Lana twist that just makes it feel like an entirely new genre:nails:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

25 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Do you know when he said this? I only remember him calling Peppers / Tommy Genesis a "feature" and that he has to listen to it more before rating it.

I've been trying to find the post but I can't find it :noparty: 

Iirc, I think he mentioned the feature being something none of us were expecting? Maybe I got the sample part mixed up

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

18 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I prefer COTCC to Blue Banisters.. it just flows better for some reason 

i do too! and i don’t dislike blue banisters at all. it just feels more like a compilation than an album where cotcc is very cohesive to the point where on my first few listens a lot of the songs kinda blended together, but it’s one of those albums that sounds better on repeated listens for sure. but i feel like DYK… is gonna be nothing like any other ldr album to be perfectly honest. in spirit, im getting ultraviolence vibes (not the UV sound necessarily but i feel like it will be chaotic but cohesive overall).

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

i do too! and i don’t dislike blue banisters at all. it just feels more like a compilation than an album where cotcc is very cohesive to the point where on my first few listens a lot of the songs kinda blended together, but it’s one of those albums that sounds better on repeated listens for sure. but i feel like DYK… is gonna be nothing like any other ldr album to be perfectly honest. in spirit, im getting ultraviolence vibes (not the UV sound necessarily but i feel like it will be chaotic but cohesive overall).

I think Chemtrails she obviously just didn’t know what to do but can’t seem to not put out music so she just put it out, same for BB, based on interviews it sounded like she had something she wanted to do with those albums and in the end was dissatisfied, and this album it seems like she is much more happy with the way it turned out and I think we will all feel that with the music

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

I think Chemtrails she obviously just didn’t know what to do but can’t seem to not put out music so she just put it out, same for BB, based on interviews it sounded like she had something she wanted to do with those albums and in the end was dissatisfied, and this album it seems like she is much more happy with the way it turned out and I think we will all feel that with the music

i agree,,,, buttttt i feel like chemtrails was slightly more put together and she chose a more cohesive tracklist in my opinion. that being said, the amount of old ass songs on both records makes me giggle every time i think about it

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I've been trying to find the post but I can't find it :noparty: 

Iirc, I think he mentioned the feature being something none of us were expecting? Maybe I got the sample part mixed up

Kintsugi said the sample choices aren't that obvious, maybe you were thinking about their comment. I'm quite sure BoZ didn't say anything or I forgot about it, it's been months since he started teasing.

It’s kind of wild to think that the number of new tracks (not including covers) made for Chemtrails and BB (16 total) is the same number of new tracks we’re getting for this album cycle :wub:

I agree, this album feels more fully formed. Chemtrails and BB felt more like little… motifs or vignettes (?) into different sides of her artistry rather than fully formed eras to me 

27 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Kintsugi said the sample choices aren't that obvious, maybe you were thinking about their comment. I'm quite sure BoZ didn't say anything or I forgot about it, it's been months since he started teasing.

Probably! So much info and rumors, hard to keep track :hide:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: