Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

does it give MAC vibes??

It's very nautical and she paints a beautiful image of being on the sea, like MAC, but not very similar in terms of melody or lyrics, it goes much deeper (not that MAC wasn't deep, I love that song, but yeah it follows The Grants and Fingertips for sure.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

A&W is better than anything on NFR. And this album is going to destroy NFR (and any other Lana album for that matter). And this is coming from the biggest NFR stan on this site.

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

really curious as to what grandfather sounds like :trisha: i refuse to listen to it because of the tags. how would you guys rate it??

Spoiler

It sounds like a cross between Mariner's Apartment Complex and Happiness is a Butterfly but with more delicate piano and violins and more uplifting. It sounds like swimming in the ocean on a bright sunny day or surfing the waves. Super soothing while building up. It's the quintessential Lana track and one that could've easily sat among NFR's finest. Beats Ocean Boulevard and AW for me. Spoiler: it contains the lines "God, if you're near me, send me three white butterflies or an owl to know you're listening, sitting while I'm drinking. Grandfather, please stand on the shoulder of my father while he's deep sea fishing, the sharks in the Pacific..." Gorgeous!

2 minutes ago, Jared said:
  Hide contents

A&W is better than anything on NFR. And this album is going to destroy NFR (and any other Lana album for that matter). And this is coming from the biggest NFR stan on this site.

You can't be a bigger NFR fan than me, soz.

9 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

maybe stop being so obsessed with your own opinion and just listen to the music? this thread is for celebrating Lana and her upcoming masterpiece, not loudly demanding other people validate your insecurities. If you like Norman so much more, go listen to that.

This is why nobody likes nfr stans:true:

2 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

does the darkness of fingertips come only from the lyricism or also the instrumental plays its part?

It's a very dichotomous experience. The lyrics are super, super heavy and dark; yet the instrumentation sounds like a fairy tale

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencez said:

I just listened to sweet, i like it a lot but i expected much more from this album 

I hope the other songs sound more "full" if you get me 

I totally get what you mean :bop:

6 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

does the darkness of fingertips come only from the lyricism or also the instrumental plays its part?

Spoiler

the instrumental is somewhat minimal w/ mainly piano (I'm pretty sure Fender Rhodes) and strings. it's very peaceful and melancholic. it's the way she's singing and the lyrics that makes it more dark for me. this might be random but it reminds me of the music a pastor would be talking over in an American Baptist church lol 

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

I just listened to sweet, i like it a lot but i expected much more from this album 

Spoiler

Yep. Told ya Sweet was "meh," espeically given it's placement on the tracklist. Again, Grandfather is THAT track y'all have been waiting for. It's that Lana track that makes you smile and you think "genius.'

When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags....................:hair:

5 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

Spoiler

considering it often is the the lowest rated on most insiders' rankings, it actually excites me about the rest of the album

sgopYhV.gif

Spoiler

The songs that leaked are the ones with the least production it seems like, except for Paris, Texas, and Kinstugi. So I’m really excited for the rest of the tracks:fabcat:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・