Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

11 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

No. The first half of the album is better than BB, maybe even Chemtrails, but it's nowhere near as gorgeous as Norman. 

Norman > The Grants

Mariner's > Ocean boulevard

Venice Bitch >>>>> Sweet

Doin' Time > AW

Fuck it I Love You > John Baptiste Interlude.

Maybe Father... is better than Love Song or just about the same level gorgeous. But it just doesn't top Norman (so far.), Yet to hear the second half properly without tags, but I don't think Peppers will beat The Greatest lol. No way, no how.

:awkney2:

So we’re comparing albums based on parallel track placements? What the heck.

IMG-7960.jpg

okay i’ve heard enough of the album already, i’m gonna try and wait until the release date and avoid hearing anything else

but it’s so hard when i know the l*ak is out there :trisha:

5 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

:awkney2:

So we’re comparing albums based on parallel track placements? What the heck.

Spoiler

No, I was comparing them in song quality. But basically, any song on Norman is better than any song on Ocean so far. Except maybe Grandfather... That track would have fit on Norman easily. If it had replaced Next Best American Record - damn, it would have been a 10/10 album instead of only 9.8 haha.

I’m doubtful this album will be better than Norman, I actually like a lot of  BB and COCC. So might not be necessarily better than those even.  I think what’s happened here is the albums been hyped up by two leakers/insiders who have their own taste and we’ve run away with it. I think it will divide fans more than what was anticipated. But I do think there is at least something for all of us on this album.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Spoiler

out of the five songs i’ve listened to so far from this album sweet is my favorite, but every song has been so ethereal 

monke-funny-monke.gif

Here comes the cycle of hating her current music just to praise albums that you spent weeks and months trashing :eartha2:

My ignore list is growing longer :eartha2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m doubtful this album will be better than Norman, I actually like a lot of  BB and COCC. So might not be necessarily better than those even.  I think what’s happened here is the albums been hyped up by two leakers with there own taste. I think it will divide fans more than what was anticipated. But I do think there is at least something for all of us on this album.

For me, it's already better than BB (although that's a low bar to reach). I didn't love a single song on that record..

The only tracks on Chemtrails that I really love to pieces are White Dress, Wild at Heart and Chemtrails, and I think Ocean Boulevard will have at least 3 that match it (so far, it's Ocean Boulevard and Father, Please Stand...) I don't remember the last time I listened to Honeymoon, so it'll probably be ranked higher than that album too.

I predict mid-tier Lana in my album ranking.

23 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think this might be a contender. Idk your thoughts on NFR and some people my disagree, but this feels like its true successor. I feel like you can skip the past two albums and not really be missing anything (and this is coming from someone who enjoys COCC).you can look at them and see how they influence TUOB though and it’s really interesting. It’s improving from all of the problems I had with NFR/COCC/BB and it seems that the album will be a complex work that has to be listened to more than once  

Spoiler

I fully agree, I think NFR doesn’t need all the upbeat sexy fluff (things that I love) in order to be an amazing and poetic album. I feel like it is going to be the same with this album, but there will those elements mixed in

Just now, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

only the first three songs completely killed Norman. :hooker:

What? Blasphemy! All three first songs on Norman are in my top 10 all-time, Venice Bitch being number one. I listened to that song on repeat for years lmao.

gD8dcV7.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Spoiler

speaking as somebody who loves all of lana’s album equally, i definitely feel like i’m gonna have a huge soft spot for this album (like i do with chemtrails:hooker:)

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

What? Blasphemy! All three first songs on Norman are in my top 10 all-time, Venice Bitch being number one. I listened to that song on repeat for years lmao.

girl don't you know that we all have different tastes? :awkney: