Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Her current music? Yeah maybe not but I have her unreleased catalogue and previous album along with a few good songs every now and then to enjoy.

I just miss the days where I hit play and ended up loving each and every song on her albums. Now it’s hitting play and desperately hoping for a song that isn’t elevator music.

I know she still has it in her to surprise me. A&W was fucking amazing. Peppers sounds promising and Grandfather was much better on the second listen. I just don’t like the overall vibe and direction she has been pursuing for the past four albums. She stripped her music from nearly everything that made me a fan in the first place. I know there are a lot of people in her fan base who feel the same way. I’m just not afraid to say it. That’s the difference.

Either way, I'm very happy that she's finally being acknowledged as the talented and visionary artist she is and I will root for her if this album gets nominated for a Grammy even if I don’t end up liking it cause she deserves it so much. This album seems like it would be right up the Grammy committee's alley. So she might have a chance this time around!

I feel like you got LDR all wrong. She doesn’t make music for you or for the Grammys lol. I doubt she goes into studio thinking “ooo this will surprise them”. She’s just following wherever her muse takes her. She’s probably the only artist who has ever been able to completely not be a slave to their fanbase whims and wishes while still retaining relevance.

you’re gonna like some things, and you’re gonna not like certain things. And that’s ok! But she’s not making the music for us.

18 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

If you've hated four albums in a row from an artist, it's okay to acknowledge that they might not be for you anymore and it's also okay to stop checking for them so you don't force yourself to listen to music you hate. Born to Die and Lust for Life will always be there for you.

Ate 

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

That’s true tho 
Also, for people who dislike when she sings abt her family bc they can’t relate to those lyrics, I’d rather have her sing abt her family than having her sing abt stuff she doesn’t know abt/trying too hard. For example, when you can clearly see some singers trying too hard to write feminist anthems and woke shit.

I feel like you’re calling out Marina, but I’ll let it slide because I agree with what you’re saying about Lana :hooker:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I'm actually very curious about how the original tracklist looked like, especially considering all the song titles were different :ma:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

I’m not afraid to say that I’m going to be a side D stan and that I’m hoping for a pop/trap record from her next:whatever2:

Spoiler

Peppers and taco truck just sound too good for her not to make more songs like them…

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

12 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

It’s crazy how people can claim to stan Lana but not understand that she’s an incredibly selfish artist. She doesn’t make music for us 😭, she makes it for herself which she has said numerous times, whether we like it or not. So if she wants to make 20 piano albums, she’s gonna make 20 piano albums!!!

honestly that's what i love about her. i want to listen to women's deepest thoughts and feelings. i want to cry. i want it to hurt. i want to feel sympathy. i want to feel understood and grow as a woman myself. i want to hear women rage and cry and give her heart away.

side note lust for life is her only bad album and this is why. 

6 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

It’s crazy how people can claim to stan Lana but not understand that she’s an incredibly selfish artist. She doesn’t make music for us 😭, she makes it for herself which she has said numerous times, whether we like it or not. So if she wants to make 20 piano albums, she’s gonna make 20 piano albums!!!

I mean we are the people that basically make sure she can afford making music for herself. 💀

She can at least feed us every now and then? If she doesn’t wanna make a new BTD/UV/HM/LFL she can always release that unreleased anthology set she previously talked about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'd take that and shut up for a while.

Like I get that from an artistic standpoint she doesn’t owe shit to us but come on…she must know at this point that her current music isn’t clicking with as many people as her discography up to NFR. From a business standpoint that is a bit problematic.

when i said that a&w should've been slipt into two different tracks i was WRONG so WRONG i'm so sorry i'm a stupid ass BITCH 

10 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

literally this like if you don't like what lana's doing with her own music and art then go stan someone who will fit your standards :sideeye:

😋🫶🏼

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’m not afraid to say that I’m going to be a side D stan and that I’m hoping for a pop/trap record from her next:whatever2:

Hide contents

Peppers and taco truck just sound too good for her not to make more songs like them…

Spoiler

I haven’t listened to peppers yet I’m so excited 

Spoiler

I know I know I know THAT YOU HATE ME 

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, The Love Witch said:

I mean we are the people that basically make sure she can afford making music for herself. 💀

She can at least feed us every now and then? If she doesn’t wanna make a new BTD/UV/HM/LFL she can always release that unreleased anthology set she previously talked about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'd take that and shut up for a while.

Like I get that from an artistic standpoint she doesn’t owe shit to us but come on…she must know at this point that her current music isn’t clicking with as many people as her discography up to NFR. From a business standpoint that is a bit problematic.

Girl she can retire and live off of them BTD checks for the rest of her life 😭, she is already a legend. She don’t need you!! Look at how many new fans and streams she gets without lifting a single finger. Bffr 😭😭

Just now, The Love Witch said:

She doesn’t care much about her music from a business standpoint anymore. She’s just doing what she wants to and is happy doing so. I get she might make some fans upset by this, but she’s thriving more than ever :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

I feel like you got LDR all wrong. She doesn’t make music for you or for the Grammys lol. I doubt she goes into studio thinking “ooo this will surprise them”. She’s just following wherever her muse takes her. She’s probably the only artist who has ever been able to completely not be a slave to their fanbase whims and wishes while still retaining relevance.

you’re gonna like some things, and you’re gonna not like certain things. And that’s ok! But she’s not making the music for us.

She made LFL for her fans apparently and I ate that album up (I know the HM/elevator music clique hates it). At that time, the album was a huge gift although not perfect.

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

she doesnt care if its “clicking” or not, also ur right she doesnt owe us ANYTHING. at the end of the day it’s our choice if we want to pay for merch, shes not forcing us

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

7 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

If half a year ago someone told us we will be getting 4 trap songs:wowcry:

not naming names but @ the dumb bitches who told us "LaNa’S nEveR mAkIng tRaP mUsiC aGain" for the past 3 years… egg on your face :ma:

and yet the girls still complain about piano ballads oh well 

1 minute ago, guns and roses said:

literally this like if you don't like what lana's doing with her own music and art then go stan someone who will fit your standards :sideeye:

There is no one else like her though. That’s the problem. 😩 If there was a dollar tree version of BTD-NFR Lana, I'd pack my things and leave but sadly…there isn’t.

Just now, lanasbottom said:

not naming names but @ the dumb bitches who told us "LaNa’S nEveR mAkIng tRaP mUsiC aGain" for the past 3 years… egg on your face :ma:

and yet the girls still complain about piano ballads oh well 

The way that argument was purely based in ageist misogynistic thought processes:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・