Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

When I listened to the first four tracks in a row I was floored. I firmly believe this album will become more beloved than NFR, something that is an instant classic like Folklore or Golden Hour, and will go down in history alongside albums like Blue by Joni Mitchell, praised for its sonic cohesiveness,  soundscape, and raw personal lyrics. Argue with the wall.  :oprah3: 

Girl I love you but there is no way in hell this album is going to be praised for sonic cohesiveness:thumb3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Self-awareness! 💁🏻‍♂️ I am hyper-sensitive (typical ADHD behaviour) especially if its a matter I care about. That said, it easy to just scroll past my comments or just add me to an ignore list.

I’m not saying anyone can’t enjoy her current music. I’m just stating my opinion on a forum (which is what a forum is primarily made for). 

If we all had the same opinions, there would be no need to discuss any of this.

while you are right you're discussing an album that hasn't came out yet 😭😭😭 not only you're basing your opinion on lq snippets/3 songs you're also spoiling it for everyone by not putting it in the spoiler 

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

Is it too late to just scrap the album cause the songs are even more boring than Chemtrails and Blue Banisters? 😴 

A&W is still THAT bitch but the rest? Come on…most of these don’t even have proper choruses or melodies. 😩😩😩

That’s a lot of words for I only like songs having the same basic structures and no experimentation

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

All of the songs we have so far are incredibly cohesive...the last four songs might be the only bumps that ruin that cohesiveness :scoff:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Girl I love you but there is no way in hell this album is going to be praised for sonic cohesiveness:thumb3:

Really? I mean it’s an honest question, to me the first three tracks are very cohesive, A&W is a bit of a departure of course. I guess I’ll admit I haven’t listened to much of the snippets, but I don’t think it’s fair to judge those songs without hearing them in full as to how they fit in. 

but PS love you too :P

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

14 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

this IS her aoty. i just know. she's finally getting all the recognition she deserves and this is her year

She will be up against midnights tho that’s my biggest concern :tsk:

14 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

There is no one else like her though. That’s the problem. 😩 If there was a dollar tree version of BTD-NFR Lana, I'd pack my things and leave but sadly…there isn’t.

try a more positive attitude. if you reject the songs from the start, you will never enjoy it

Lana makes this music not to annoy us, but because she thinks it's the best possible at the moment (and it is). so there must be something to like, but you have to find that out for yourself!

11 minutes ago, Blue Ribbon said:
  Hide contents

"White Butterflies" should've been the song's title 

adele.gif

Spoiler

"3 White Butterflies" was probably the OG title before lana changed all of them to weirder ones

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Really? I mean it’s an honest question, to me the first three tracks are very cohesive, A&W is a bit of a departure of course. I guess I’ll admit I haven’t listened to much of the snippets, but I don’t think it’s fair to judge those songs without hearing them in full as to how they fit in. 

but PS love you too :P

Yes it’s mostly 

Spoiler

Peppers, Fishtail, and Taco Truck which seem to completely flip on the sound of the other tracks we heard, imo this album is like lust for life in the sense that there seems to be 2-3 distinctly different genres throughout and they are kind of split by the vinyl sides

Just now, emliqua said:

midnights is getting a nom at best tbh...lana also not winning so let's just manifest a nom and a win in one of those irrelevant categories 😭💗💗

4 minutes ago, emliqua said:

Taylor is obviously very big and mainstream, so she has a huge chance. I love Taylor and Midnights, but I think if it were to win up against Lana, it would be because Midnights is easier to digest. With Lana’s, there is the surface level, but to really grasp the greatness you have to be able to comprehend the whole entity. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

All of the songs we have so far are incredibly cohesive...the last four songs might be the only bumps that ruin that cohesiveness :scoff:

However, I think it will still somehow be cohesive. Well, we got Jimmy before Fingertips.

Just now, dyktatuob said:

midnights is getting a nom at best tbh...lana also not winning so let's just manifest a nom and a win in one of those irrelevant categories 😭💗💗

omg imagine she is winning tho... i geniunely dont think lana need any grammies and like grammies are generally worthless and mean nothing, but to see her w that award and see her smile while posing w the award and everything it is just such a beautiful image. especially when you think about the album she gets the aoty for, where she opens up about her most vulnerable aspects and tells her story. such a joy for an artist.

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

4 minutes ago, emliqua said:

pls shitnights can be happy to even get a nom, she’s not even top 5 most likely to get it but lana won’t even get a nom lets bffr + who cares it’s the grammys 

anyways is it 10pm or whatever yet ? leak that shit i need it NOW 

Without sounding like an elitist snob, songs with no “proper” choruses and verses are far more interesting than generic pop song structures. And honestly we know Lana doesn’t gaf about how radio friendly her songs are so

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

However, I think it will still somehow be cohesive. Well, we got Jimmy before Fingertips.

I think all of the songs are coalescing into something much bigger, and like @taco truck just mentioned, it seems like there are four sections to the album split up by vinyl sides, which to me is much more cohesive than whatever LFL was trying to accomplish imo.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

pls shitnights can be happy to even get a nom, she’s not even top 5 most likely to get it but lana won’t even get a nom lets bffr + who cares it’s the grammys 

anyways is it 10pm or whatever yet ? leak that shit i need it NOW 

When she wins AOTY for the fourth time, we know that shit is rigged for real.

The way we have started talking about any other album than Ocean Blvd in this thread:awkney: 

we need to be fed immediately