Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

Is it too late to just scrap the album cause the songs are even more boring than Chemtrails and Blue Banisters? 😴 

A&W is still THAT bitch but the rest? Come on…most of these don’t even have proper choruses or melodies. 😩😩😩

Can you put your depressing takes in spoilers so you don’t ruin the hype thanks 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Spoiler

"White Butterflies" should've been the song's title 

adele.gif

Edited by fishtails
Placed in spoilers

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

Just now, burthday kake said:

every musical legend alive has gone thru this with their fanbases , like they were throwing tomatoes at Bob Dylan for going electric in the 60s too (they hated Jesus for telling the truth too energy),  Lana is in good company, if fans are getting mad its just further proof of her legend status :true: idek wtf im saying atp but it feels right and stream Fingertips!!!!!!!:true:

And it's a sign their music is becoming more sophisticated. The 60's were dylan's best albums.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Let’s stop dragging each other and get back to manifesting an earlier release date :nails:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

I said there is nobody LIKE her not that nobody LIKES her. I know yall love to drag me and twist my words but come on…I’m not that much of an idiot. 😂💀

did i ask leave me alone im bored im looking for drama my god

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

7 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

yawn it's not that serious

I really don't think this is gonna be a big deal and tbh if it is so what? I never defended QFTC (because I didn't feel it was worth defending) but I defended that I still liked her and listened to her music on my social media when people were dragging her through the mud and claiming she was some psycho Trump voter. I don't care. I just don't. I and I alone control what I listen to and who I listen to and I don't give a flying fuck if some dumbass online wants to get mad about it. 

The truth is, many if not most artists are going to do and say things we don't like, or express themselves clumsily, or maybe have an opinion we don't agree with, or work with people we don't like...because they are people! And people are inherently flawed, complex, maddening, self-indulgent, and sometimes clumsy. I cannot name a single artist I like who hasn't done or said something shitty, problematic, fucked up, or iffy in one way or another, at some point in time, and this applies to artists of all races, classes, sexual orientations, genders, nationalities...you name it! This is human nature.

I think a lot of people are also just bandwagoners - outrage and self-righteousness are common currencies in our culture right now (though I think the GP is getting sick of this and is tuning the outrage cycle out). Some people see others getting mad and they wanna join in, have some fun, and feel like they changed the world with their little TikTok comment or tweet about how so-and-so artist did this/said that/whatever. But it's all a fad, and the same people won't give a shit even two weeks later. I used to hang out with people (in my early to mid 20s) who were extremely Online and "Woke" (whatever that even means anymore) and I saw how they would post shit for clout and then privately still listen to the artist/watch the movie/read the book they were dragging publicly. 

Pardon the psychotic essay, but long story short - instead of panicking or stressing over how the GP will perceive a stray lyric on Lana's 16 track album, I think we just need to let go and let God. If people on Twitter or TikTok or whatever want to go into outrage mode over the lyric, that's ok - that's their right! But why should that affect us at all? I'm not going to stop listening to Lana or talking about how much I love her music publicly. We don't need to explain to people - like they are children - that just because we love an artist doesn't mean we co-sign every single thing they have ever written or said or done in their lives that may have been uncomfortable, and anyone with a brain and not poisoned by Internet outrage antics knows that.

Also - a lot of people thought that QFTC was essentially going to end Lana's career and it would all be over, but that hasn't remotely been the case. The GP has the attention span of a goldfish.

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

7 minutes ago, Blue Ribbon said:
Spoiler

"White Butterflies" should've been the song's title 

adele.gif

Spoiler

nah it should have been "Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing for all the things he's wishing"

Edited by fishtails
Placed in spoilers

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

I said there is nobody LIKE her not that nobody LIKES her. I know yall love to drag me and twist my words but come on…I’m not that much of an idiot. 😂💀

love that you just admitted to being a bit of an idiot :oic2:

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

Is it too late to just scrap the album cause the songs are even more boring than Chemtrails and Blue Banisters? 😴 

A&W is still THAT bitch but the rest? Come on…most of these don’t even have proper choruses or melodies. 😩😩😩

Can you send me the versions of blue bannisters and COCC you have?? because…

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, dyktatuob said:

love that you just admitted to being a bit of an idiot :oic2:

Self-awareness! 💁🏻‍♂️ I am hyper-sensitive (typical ADHD behaviour) especially if its a matter I care about. That said, it easy to just scroll past my comments or just add me to an ignore list.

I’m not saying anyone can’t enjoy her current music. I’m just stating my opinion on a forum (which is what a forum is primarily made for). 

If we all had the same opinions, there would be no need to discuss any of this.

When I listened to the first four tracks in a row I was floored. I firmly believe this album will become more beloved than NFR, something that is an instant classic like Folklore or Golden Hour, and will go down in history alongside albums like Blue by Joni Mitchell, praised for its sonic cohesiveness,  soundscape, and raw personal lyrics. Argue with the wall.  :oprah3: 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, The Love Witch said:

Self-awareness! 💁🏻‍♂️ I am hyper-sensitive (typical ADHD behaviour) especially if its a matter I care about. That said, it easy to just scroll past my comments or just add me to an ignore list.

I’m not saying anyone can’t enjoy her current music. I’m just stating my opinion on a forum (which is what a forum is primarily made for). 

If we all had the same opinions, there would be no need to discuss any of this.

ur so right tbh ily

Just now, Fingertips said:

terrence loves you, the blackest day, swan song <3

OH MY GOD YES SWAN SONG IS IN MY TOP THREE TOO INSTEAD OF GOD KNOWS I TRIED

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

When I listened to the first four tracks in a row I was floored. I firmly believe this album will become more beloved than NFR, something that is an instant classic like Folklore or Golden Hour, and will go down in history alongside albums like Blue by Joni Mitchell, praised for its sonic cohesiveness,  soundscape, and raw personal lyrics. Argue with the wall.  :oprah3: 

Despite everyone’s very different opinions, there’s at least one track for everyone. Each track is so different and yet they fit together.  

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°