Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:

Candy Necklace strolling in to take your breath away

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95203tq3i14uw4oaq9yfx

I do think Candy Necklace will be one of the bigger tracks, maybe even a single. 1. It's placement on the tracklist. 2. The fact it's got John Baptiste on it. 3. That Lana teased it on social (and only that song. 4. I also reckon that with so many collabs, one of the singles must be a collab. (Like Lust for Life was off Lust for Life). 5. feel like it's going to be an upbeat track (because the other John Baptiste track is pretty moody, they can't both be), which is great for a single. Especially the album announcement single (following two pretty dark and moody singles).

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I do think Candy Necklace will be one of the bigger tracks, maybe even a single. 1. It's placement on the tracklist. 2. The fact it's got John Baptiste on it. 3. That Lana teased it on social (and only that song. 4. I also reckon that with so many collabs, one of the singles must be a collab. (Like Lust for Life was off Lust for Life). 5. feel like it's going to be an upbeat track (because the other John Baptiste track is pretty moody, they can't both be), which is great for a single. Especially the album announcement single (following two pretty dark and moody singles).

Agreed ! Candy Necklace was called massive, I believe it was by Kintsugi :hype:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

52 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

guys would u suggest me to listen fully to one of the leaked songs? if yes, which?

Spoiler

Grandfather 100%. Don't listen to all the Sweet hype. That song is just a sequel to Beautiful. Except that instead of "Beautifuuuul," she's singing "Sweeeeeeet". Same boring-ass production as well (piano).

Edited by cinnamongirI

43 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Spoiler

Grandfather 100%. Don't listen to all the Sweet hype. That song is just a sequel to Beautiful. Except that instead of "Beautifuuuul," she's singing "Sweeeeeeet". Same boring-ass production as well (piano).

Efw5k1DUMAMChKs.jpg 

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler to quoted text

44 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Spoiler

me when I'm tasteless. Sweet is miles better than Beautiful and they sound nothing the same:pls:

Edited by fishtails
Added spoiler to quoted text

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

so it's her "erotica"? I guess it makes sense with AW as the single, the cover and lines like "fuck me to death".

Now what on earth are fingertips and sweet doing on it tho.'Couldnt be less sexy.

Fingertips is obviously not meant to sound sexy what the FUCK are you on :biblio: ? 

Spoiler

The Grants: One of the best album intro she ever made. Heart-touching lyrics about always keeping your family & your roots wherever you go in life. Imo this song is so good because the way that she use the nostalgia this time - instead of making us feel "glamourous", it brings out your inner child. The lyrics feel like a blanket that covers me and keep me warm, i just love the feeling of it all. The lyrics shows us a total new side of Lana as well - something more "human" about her & her experience.

Ocean Blvd: one of the best title track of her discography - idc what anyone says. The melody, the atmosphere of the song feels summery à la NFR sequel - but a better sequel, not a dragged-out snoozefest like COCC or BB like some of y'all have been criticizing.

Sweet: Indeed sweet & cute. Makes me feel like a disney princess with a lot of musical/broadway + orchestra elements. The melody flow is nothing like Lana did in the past, definitely something new from her.

A&W: depressed & slutty - this is what WE and the GP crave from her

Fingertips: Beauty sleep therapy for those who need one - y'all need to chill the f out & stop coming for Fingertips, try soak yourself in the peacefulness for once.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

I think I'm gonna crack and listen to Sweet today :toofunny:

you wont regret it

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

28 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Spoiler

Sweet is a classic . You must hate the earlier Ldr eras cause sweet is like her first three albums combined . 

Edited by cinnamongirI

30 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Agreed ! Candy Necklace was called massive, I believe it was by Kintsugi :hype:

Spoiler

Oh, really? I knew it!

Also, if I like Candy Necklace, that'll be 4-5  tracks on the album I'm happy with it (Grandfather, which I already adore, Ocean Boulevard, AW, CN and Taco Track, which sounds sooo good in the preview). So, that's already more songs than I like on Blue Banisters and about as many as I digged on Chemtrails (White Dress, Chemtrails, Wild at Heart, Not all those who wonder, Dance Till We Die). And that's honestly good enough for me!

I'm sure I 'll feel like the album is a bit incohesive with tracks like Fingertips, Sweet, Judah Smith Interlude and The Grants (that I'lm already bored with). Basically, I reckon I'll be super into Jack-produced tracks and disliking everything non-Jack. 

27 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

me when I'm tasteless. Sweet is miles better than Beautiful and they sound nothing the same:pls:

Spoiler

It's better than Beautiful, I agree. But Beautiful is like the least listened to of her tracks (going by Spotify) on an album that's already one of her least listened to. So, it's a low bar to hit.

It's an okay song. But it's just kinda by the book and, well, sweet. Not much to it.

Edited by cinnamongirI

Spoiler

I feel like Sweet actually cements a lot of what Lana was trying to say about herself in QFTC

it is more bittersweet if we are being honest & to me it reads as Lana at her most vulnerable, delicate/soft & yes, I'd even say submissive (don't know if this is the best word to use tbh, but i think you guys know i dont mean anything strange by it)

it is clear she's singing to an ex lover (imo prob Sean but that's neither here nor there) & it's almost like she's telling him that despite everything- all the heartbreak/betrayal/pain - if he ever came back to find her, whether it be in her childhood town Lake Placid or at her/their old house on Genesee (which could also just be a metaphor for their spot and not a literal house), she would take him back in as if it none of it happened & be just as sweet to him as she ever was

"If you want someone then just call me up & remember that I'll be sweet & barefeet- you can find me where no one will be..

In the woods somewhere with a knife in my heart, in the valley in the sweet North Country- if i'm not there, come to my house on Genesee"

its really a heartbreakingly beautiful song:crying4: