Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

tbh March has me both winning and losing cause we get new Lana, Melanie and Miley which are all artirts that i love but that also means i'll be in a never ending cycle of waiting and waiting throughout the whole month til everyrhing is out

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Reveal hidden contents

my subconscious blocked that song from my mind :bebe:

i have more faith in it now that people seemed to like the snippets though

Spoiler

It sounds pretty good, I think you'll like it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Margaret's going to be amazing, luvs. I'm really looking forward to that one for some reason. She's the dark horse.

Spoiler

Rolling Stone calling it delightfully rom-com-esque made me really excited LOL :trisha:

2 hours ago, Dreamboy said:

I have this feeling that this will be her most acclaimed album. 10 on Pitchfork with Fingertips being Best New Track and probably a 90+ on Metacritic (would love a 100)

:lmao:

I do not think she'll get a 10 on Pitchfork, but I am hopeful for 8.5+. 9.0+ if there's any justice in this world, but it would be hard for her to beat NFR for them, I'm thinking. Regardless, I'm excited to read what people have to say about the music.

7 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

:lmao:

I do not think she'll get a 10 on Pitchfork, but I am hopeful for 8.5+. 9.0+ if there's any justice in this world, but it would be hard for her to beat NFR for them, I'm thinking. Regardless, I'm excited to read what people have to say about the music.

I don't see why the post is funny or a stretch? A&W got BNT, there are just as good if not better songs on the record, the album has been highly praised by everyone who has heard it, why is a score close to NFR or above it hard to believe? :oopna:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I don't see why the post is funny or a stretch? A&W got BNT, there are just as good if not better songs on the record, the album has been highly praised by everyone who has heard it, why is a score close to NFR or above it hard to believe? :oopna:

Believe me, I want it as much as anyone else here does, and I already think Ocean Blvd is deserving of it. But 10s are so rare, and I just think Pitchfork and other critics like not giving Lana perfect scores. Like how Alexis Peditris will always give her a 3/5. They like dangling it on a string, or bringing up QFTC and other shit to knock her down a few points. Some of the lyrics on the album + the Judah interlude might cause that here, too.

That's just my opinion, though. And I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong!

this album is going to DESTROY us :trisha: and i'm so ready for it!

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Believe me, I want it as much as anyone else here does, and I already think Ocean Blvd is deserving of it. I just think Pitchfork and other critics like not giving Lana perfect scores. Like how Alexis Peditris will always give her a 3/5. They like dangling it on string, or bringing up QFTC and other shit to knock her down a few points. Some of the lyrics on the album + the Judah interlude might cause that here, too. 

Fair. Setting my realistic expectation for 8.7, but I truly think the score will be very close to Norman's, if not above it. Pitchfork are going to eat tracks like Fingertips, Kintsugi, Taco Truck, and Peppers up. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Fair. Setting my realistic expectation for 8.7, but I truly think the score will be very close to Norman's, if not above it. Pitchfork are going to eat tracks like Fingertips, Kintsugi, Taco Truck, and Peppers up. 

They've been giving so many albums 8.4 lately, I'm thinking she might land there or 8.5. But I'm secretly praying for 8.8+. Anything over 9 would be such a win for us and the culture. :eartha2:

6 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

Wait what happened 

4 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

???

I think they're talking about this twitter comment lol