Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I don’t know but to me it’s becoming quite obvious that she doesn’t want to promote this album and I wonder why. I’m assuming it might be because of the lyrical content. Or maybe she had some intentions but after her laptop was stolen (with all the footage she said she had on it), she doesn’t have other intentions of doing anything.

2 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

I don’t know but to me it’s becoming quite obvious that she doesn’t want to promote this album and I wonder why. I’m assuming it might be because of the lyrical content. Or maybe she had some intentions but after her laptop was stolen (with all the footage she said she had on it), she doesn’t have other intentions of doing anything.

2 singles, 4 magazine covers, an album photoshoot with merch, festival dates…what else should she be doing 😭😭😭

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

3 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

But she is promoting this at least how she typically “promotes”. 

she’s done several magazine covers, upcoming festivals, etc. the only other thing there could be is videos and I’m fairly certain those are what was lost on her computer in the theft so not much she can do about that 

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

2 singles, 4 magazine covers, an album photoshoot with merch, festival dates…what else should she be doing 😭😭😭

I think that they mean it’s not “professional” promo. For example, we’re getting FED, however, to those who aren’t on Lanaboards or follow a ton on Lana fan pages, they probably wouldn’t have known as much as they know (festivals, magazines, etc). 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

I think that they mean it’s not “professional” promo. For example, we’re getting FED, however, to those who aren’t on Lanaboards or follow a ton on Lana fan pages, they probably wouldn’t have known as much as they know (festivals, magazines, etc). 

What would professional promo be? (This is a genuine question)

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

8 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

I think you're being a bit too negative. Sure, we don't have any videos or much social media presence, but the hype is real time this around lol. Professional photoshoots, interviews (even one with Billie Eilish...), an upcoming summer festival tour (her first tour since 2019), she attended the Billboard thing... and there's more to come! I'd rather have the era develop itself once the album is out at this point, so she doesn't forget about it on release day lol.

Yeah, outside of music videos and a TV performance, I'm not sure what other promo y'all would want? :defeated:

We have live shows coming up, multiple magazine shoots and interviews, the Billboard Women in Music appearance, two singles out,  6 vinyl variants, 5 CD variants, 5 cassette variants, new merch... 

I'm not even worried about the music videos because I'm sure she has something in the works. And the cherry on top, of course, is the brand new, 16 track, 80 minute album (released less than 1.5 years after BB). We are being fed, even if the waiting game is rough. :wub: :flutter:

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I think you're being a bit too negative. Sure, we don't have any videos or much social media presence, but the hype is real time this around lol. Professional photoshoots, interviews (even one with Billie Eilish...), an upcoming summer festival tour (her first tour since 2019), she attended the Billboard thing... and there's more to come! I'd rather have the era develop itself once the album is out at this point, so she doesn't forget about it on release day lol.

I’m thinking about a nice music video for one of the two singles, performance(s) like we had for Arcadia and LMLYLAW, for instance.

I'm still hoping for a proper tour (I don’t find festival tours very nice as a fan, because there’s a bunch of non-fans around and the set list is not really tour-oriented).

2 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

I’m thinking about a nice music video for one of the two singles, performance(s) like we had for Arcadia and LMLYLAW, for instance.

I'm still hoping for a proper tour (I don’t find festival tours very nice as a fan, because there’s a bunch of non-fans around and the set list is not really tour-oriented).

Well, all her festival gigs had almost the exact same setlist as her regular shows. As if all of her tours weren't composed mostly of her greatest hits anyway :teehee:

Just now, Taco Truck x VB said:

there’s nothing to talk about anymore i’m tired of the same conversations constantly it’s like i’m playing a CHOA game and it keeps making me repeat dialogue :bebe:

This is why I would like to stop seeing this thread until March 24 but I'm scared it'd leak anytime now and I wouldn't know :bebe:

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

This is why I would like to stop seeing this thread until March 24 but I'm scared it'd leak anytime now and I wouldn't know :bebe:

i mean you would definitely see it on a site that i cannot name but that is not the one that starts with d

watch me get a warning point for this

20 minutes ago, fine china said:

What would professional promo be? (This is a genuine question)

First off, I think she’s promoting pretty well in comparison to past albums (like the last two). Something to note is that Lana doesn’t care much about the public getting hyped up, her music work is more so for her.

I think most people would consider “professional” promo as more mainstream, social media presence, ads, and just in general a more structured approach to promoting. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:

First off, I think she’s promoting pretty well in comparison to past albums (like the last two). Something to note is that Lana doesn’t care much about the public getting hyped up, her music work is more so for her.

I think most people would consider “professional” promo as more mainstream, social media presence, ads, and just in general a more structured approach to promoting. 

I just need music videos:bebe:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

That was such a great interview. It sounds like whoever leaked the album leaked all the more piano based stuff first in full and is saving the more fun spiritual jazz trap stuff for later. Also the interview saying 

“From then, every available Sunday, they’d record a song on her phone. Five of those appear on the album.” It sounds like there will be a bunch of outtakes from this album, but idk if they are finished or not.  

23 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Yeah, outside of music videos and a TV performance, I'm not sure what other promo y'all would want? :defeated:

We have live shows coming up, multiple magazine shoots and interviews, the Billboard Women in Music appearance, two singles out,  6 vinyl variants, 5 CD variants, 5 cassette variants, new merch... 

I'm not even worried about the music videos because I'm sure she has something in the works. And the cherry on top, of course, is the brand new, 16 track, 80 minute album (released less than 1.5 years after BB). We are being fed, even if the waiting game is rough. :wub: :flutter:

It’s the first era where I find that the album covers and magazine photoshoots are « enough » for visuals. 

14 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

That was such a great interview. It sounds like whoever leaked the album leaked all the more piano based stuff first in full and is saving the more fun spiritual jazz trap stuff for later. Also the interview saying 

“From then, every available Sunday, they’d record a song on her phone. Five of those appear on the album.” It sounds like there will be a bunch of outtakes from this album, but idk if they are finished or not.  

Did You Know That There Is A Tunnel Under The Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd? : The Light Let In Crabs Super Collection Bell Ring Psycho Lifeguard Dolphin Flower Re-Up (featuring 20 new unheard tracks + the three smash hit singles, Lost at Sea, Summertime and Hollywood Bowl!)

6 vinyl variants

2 box set bundles ($399.99ea)

1 iconic coke necklace restock

a seashell candle

more towels

a limited edition external hard drive in the shape of an A&W bottle 

and finally an elusive nod to the fact that LDR10/11 IS COMING IN 2024 followed by a 10 day digital music festival on LDRvillage

:oprah4: