Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

The Grants is growing on me, not that I ever disliked it, but it’s a grower for sure. It sounds like an uplifting if uphill ascent, which fits perfectly. My favourite moment of the whole song is immediately as the intro ends, and the piano fades in, those first few notes are stunning.

what slightly annoys me is that at least one of the backing singers is DEFINITELY singing “minD of you” even after they’re corrected.

anyone have the lyrics? (This is why need a spoiler thread with an OP)

Just now, ByDayAnother said:
  Hide contents

The Grants is growing on me, not that I ever disliked it, but it’s a grower for sure. It sounds like an uplifting if uphill ascent, which fits perfectly. My favourite moment of the whole song is immediately as the intro ends, and the piano fades in, those first few notes are stunning.

Spoiler

The Grants

(Gospel Choir Intro)

One, two, ready

I’m gonna take mind of you with me (I’m gonna take mine with you with me) (Uh-uh, Mind! Say it again)

Mind of you with me

I’m gonna take mind of you with me 

Like Rocky Mountain High

The way John Denver sings

(Song Begins)

(Verse 1)

So you say there's a chance for us

Should I do a dance for once? 

You're a family man

But, but…

(Pre-Chorus)

Do you think about heaven? (Ah-ah)

Do you think about me?

My pastor told me 

When you leave all you take (Ah-ah)

Is your memories

(Chorus)

And I'm gonna take mine of you with me

I'm gonna take mine of you with me

(Verse 2)

So many mountains too high to climb

So many rivers so low, but I'm

Doing the hard stuff, I'm doing my time

I'm doing it for us, for our family line

(Pre-Chorus)

Do you think about heaven? (Ah-ah)

Do you think about me?

My pastor told me

When you leave all you take (Ah-ah)

Is your memories

(Chorus)

And I wanna take mine of you with me

I'm gonna take mine of you with me

Yeah, I'm gonna take mine of you with me

Like Rocky Mountain High, the way John Denver sings

(Outro)

My sister's first born child

I'm gonna take that, too, with me

My grandmother's last smile

I’m gonna take that, too, with me

It's a beautiful life

Remember that too for me

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Should we make a separate thread for the surprise BoZ hinted at? Maybe it would help not derail the thread? I know, I’m delulu. 

I think that's a good idea because there's a lotttt of speculation :true:

unnamed.gif

i kind of like having the opening song a surprise & the title track a surprise before the release date - so mysterious & intriguing  i will never forget hearing the opening of cruel world & norman… godddamn man child. i had chills. (i have not listened to the few leaks cause when i did for Chemtrails it ruined the record for me) 

anyone else wonder how she picks singles ?

so no double album.....:pls:

if, IF (prob not, it seems to me, too good to be true) it'd be the unreleased collection FINALLY seeing the light of the day I PRAY she included Hollywood in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I know she's our liar Lana but she DID mention she wanted to release SPECIFICALLYTHAT SONG back in the day. so... :sadcore2: and Angels Forever too. And Butterflies pt 2....  

(Your Girl, Flipside etc, she'll ofc put on the UV anniversary edition that we will get...:flop: some day .........:toofloppy:)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I majored in sociology for my undergrad so best believe, my first degree has BEEN put to work :oprah3::blush:

Me too lol spending time here definitely makes me recall those classes I took sometimes :smile:

19 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

why do the ATRL bears and post-twinks always talk shit about Lanaboards as if ATRL isn’t arguably 100x worse bsjdjjf. I do sometimes see their point tho but c’mon now!

POST-TWINKS SKLFNSJFNLSJLDFNSDHFNSDMFLSNDFJSNDFJ

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

20 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

why do the ATRL bears and post-twinks always talk shit about Lanaboards as if ATRL isn’t arguably 100x worse bsjdjjf. I do sometimes see their point tho but c’mon now!

all of them are close to middle age and jealous of us gorgeous girls 

they have a point about some of y’all tho:ma:

2 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Me too lol spending time here definitely makes me recall those classes I took sometimes :smile:

Omg look at us little sociologists!!! I have to say, that degree is extremely relevant to being a Lana fan (but that’s obviously no surprise, given how pretty much everything that occurs here is technically a part of the social world lol) 

6 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:
  Hide contents

what slightly annoys me is that at least one of the backing singers is DEFINITELY singing “minD of you” even after they’re corrected.

Spoiler

it grew on me too, at first i was very lukewarm about it and now “do you think about heaven, ah-ahhh, do you think about me, ah-ahhh” is stuck in my head. i still feel like the intro is unnecessary…kinda takes away the replayability factor of it. 

i don’t like it as a single tho, i wish she picked grandfather. it’s still a good representation of the album while having a nice climax to it. (plus i’m dying to hear it HQ)

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

12 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

no but you can have what i could make out of jack's mumbling on the song  :thumb3:  bc i have no idea what he's saying or what it has to do with the song

Reveal hidden contents

Words are my friends (???)

But they're red flags, they're white guys, they’re black guys, and they're blue eyes (???)

If you're asking yourself “how do you know?”

Then that's your answer, the answer is no 

???, ??? on fire, ??? ??? ??? on fire

Ok but the real question is, who sings more? :awk:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Omg look at us little sociologists!!! I have to say, that degree is extremely relevant to being a Lana fan (but that’s obviously no surprise, given how pretty much everything that occurs here is technically a part of the social world lol) 

Very true! I think having a background in sociology helps in analyzing her songs as well lol especially when so much of it is based around her relationships/life 

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

some of yall complaining that they talk shit about us on ATRL when some of yall talk shit about lanaboards ON lanaboards

:pls:

no one can hate lanaboards users as much as themselves

1 hour ago, JFKs Fine China said:

This is all just a part of Ben’s beautiful album campaign rollout :blush3:

Very beautiful, indeed. Him and his beloved rocket emojis are somewhat cursed at this point :eartha:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

some of yall complaining that they talk shit about us on ATRL when some of yall talk shit about lanaboards ON lanaboards

:pls:

can i not multitask ? :ma: