Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, baked said:

no one can hate lanaboards users as much as themselves

some people on here always talking shit about lb users while being an lb user themselves

it's giving grindr user writing on their bio that everyone on grindr sucks, like, the call in coming from inside the house i fear:lmaoney:

8 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

i kind of like having the opening song a surprise & the title track a surprise before the release date - so mysterious & intriguing  i will never forget hearing the opening of cruel world & norman… godddamn man child. i had chills. (i have not listened to the few leaks cause when i did for Chemtrails it ruined the record for me) 

anyone else wonder how she picks singles ?

She usually puts out the « heart » of the album or her favourite (which is often the same).

Jack’s favourite is always a single, on the albums he worked on with her. Other than that, it’s up for debate. LFL was a bit different: she sat down with Interscope very early on and decided that love and the title track would be good choices. 

Spoiler

There’s just something special about the grants, it gives me chills every time and makes me wanna cry lmfao I recently lost my great grandmother and “my grandmothers last smile” gets me every damn time :oprah::wowcry: I’ve Only listened about 5 times but I know this is going to be one of my favourite ones I don’t even care what y’all say :eartha:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

3 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Very true! I think having a background in sociology helps in analyzing her songs as well lol especially when so much of it is based around her relationships/life 

Oh definitely. I think, as personal as her songs are, they can absolutely be situated in the social context of being a woman. I actually really appreciate A&W as a sociological song, because she totally details the process of internalizing a label that became externalized onto her by others. And the whole process of analyzing her karmic family lineage and tracing “patterns” in her life related to family is a very sociological method of thought! 

I'd be all for a re-release for AKA (but for that to be the surprise is just as delulu as the unreleased mixtape/album/collection to come I guess:crai:) but I really wish it would be with another cover than the actual final one... :hooker:

We can still talk about ~ the surprise ~ in this thread, no?

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Spoiler

the grants as a single doesn’t rlly make sense imo. it’s a good song, but the title track and a&w were exceptional and they both had a lot of things to offer. with the grants, all we rlly have to dissect is the theme of her family (which we’ve done over and over again, not complaining though) and the orchestral beginning which we’ve heard on blue banisters. it just isn’t the best choice, but whatever feels right for her i guess! 

3 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:
  Hide contents

the grants as a single doesn’t rlly make sense imo. it’s a good song, but the title track and a&w were exceptional and they both had a lot of things to offer. with the grants, all we rlly have to dissect is the theme of her family (which we’ve done over and over again, not complaining though) and the orchestral beginning which we’ve heard on blue banisters. it just isn’t the best choice, but whatever feels right for her i guess! 

but the thing is, we haven’t really heard the rest of the album, so it might’ve been the best option. maybe lana wanted three singles and the grants was the most conventional out of the rest of the songs to be released as a single. yes, it’s a very dense song and not really fit for a single release, but the rest of the album is apparently even more dense and experimental.

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

I would love an unreleased album but last month I re-organized my entire Lana unreleased on Apple Music so it would be so annoying to have to re-organize and get rid of a bunch😭

Oh I wouldn’t do any of that. Living Legend, the Wild One (aka Nectar of the Gods) and Thunder in my unreleased album says hi 😭

17 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

she throws a dart on the tracklist and releases whatever it lands on 

she always aims for the first four songs of the albums, she must have a good aim 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

since I have only listened to the title track, (and won't be listening to any more songs from the album until it's out) I haven't contributed to any streams for A&W yet, but trust me, if the song is half as good as you guys make it out to be (I'm very hyped!) I'll make A&W get a billion streams in no time :flutter::true:

Beskrivning saknas.

went to sleep and we're already at page 2444 y'all what happened?:sadcore3:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

27 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

no but you can have what i could make out of jack's mumbling on the song  :thumb3:  bc i have no idea what he's saying or what it has to do with the song

Reveal hidden contents

Words are my friends (???)

But they're red flags, they're white guys, they’re black guys, and they're blue eyes (???)

If you're asking yourself “how do you know?”

Then that's your answer, the answer is no 

???, ??? on fire, ??? ??? ??? on fire

So jack basically talking shit the whole song:pls:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, hayden del rey said:

but the thing is, we haven’t really heard the rest of the album, so it might’ve been the best option. maybe lana wanted three singles and the grants was the most conventional out of the rest of the songs to be released as a single. yes, it’s a very dense song and not really fit for a single release, but the rest of the album is apparently even more dense and experimental.

yes it’s dense and all but she has other songs on the album that we’ve heard and they would be a better fit. for example, i think grandfather would be a good single to put out, because it still tackles the theme of family and it’s well liked among the fans that listened to the leaks. the grants is just okay, a non-single type of opener and that’s okay.

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

went to sleep and we're already at page 2444 y'all what happened?:sadcore3:

nothing :bebe:

Beskrivning saknas.

Just now, venicebitch said:
  Hide contents

the grants makes perfect sense for a promo single just like the title track did idk what yall on... it's a classic lana song

She's saving the bangers for the release date, peppers, fishtail and taco truck 

1 minute ago, drugsdesire said:

yes it’s dense and all but she has other songs on the album that we’ve heard and they would be a better fit. for example, i think grandfather would be a good single to put out, because it still tackles the theme of family and it’s well liked among the fans that listened to the leaks. the grants is just okay, a non-single type of opener and that’s okay.

oh okay, haven’t listened to grandfather yet. but if you think it’s more of a single type song, i believe you. thanks

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:
  Hide contents

the grants makes perfect sense for a promo single just like the title track did idk what yall on... it's a classic lana song

yesssss