Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Words that made me anxious this era are: 

Soon 

Beautiful

Campaign

Leak 

Rocket emojis 

Morgan Wallen 

Snippets

Rosemead exclusive baby 

Blue banisters 

Piano 

Bare piano

Delay 

so far

:air:

you forgot "surprise"

"Don’t forget me"

It wouldn’t make sense for her to release the best songs pre-release. It makes sense to release something subtle like The Grants and to leave the bigger songs for release day/week hype. Y’all wouldn’t get it.

3 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

When the surprise is her reusing “Afraid”s melody :trisha:

Please :crying4:

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

7 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

It wouldn’t make sense for her to release the best songs pre-release. It makes sense to release something subtle like The Grants and to leave the bigger songs for release day/week hype. Y’all wouldn’t get it.

That's true, but she's also known for releasing her favourite songs on the record ahead of release, like Terrence Loves You... or LMLYLAW. :slayty:

47 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

i understand, should’ve worded that better, i’m sorry.

but i still stand by what i said. a&w and the title track make more sense for singles because they both have so many interesting parts to them and they’re heavy songs, production wise and theme wise. the grants is not really a match, imo. it’s a totally okay song and it’s good, but it’s nooo match for her other album openers. maybe it really has to grow on me, bc so far i’m not seeing its true potential. 

I haven’t listened to it because I want to wait until its release day, but honestly the way that you describes it sounds like the way I feel about text book. It’s a good song, but probably on of my least favorites on blue banisters, and I love bb very much. Idk, it just feels like a boring album opener to me personally. It’s so strange really, most of the time I think Lana is good with album openers, born to die, cruel world, honeymoon to name a few. But Text book to me is a boring album opener, it doesn’t set the feeling of the album nor lure you in

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

I find that there is nothing wrong with The Grants as a choice of single. :oprah3:

Spoiler

It sets the tone/mood for the next song, which is the title track, and they mesh well together. :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Iirc the reception to The Grants when the 3 leaks happened was lukewarm at best. But then again I don’t trust this forum’s taste at all. We shall see.

No lukewarm reaction from me :true:
it’s gorgeous! And I think a nice single choice. People are only disappointed because they’ve heard it which is entirely their fault. 

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Iirc the reception to The Grants when the 3 leaks happened was lukewarm at best. But then again I don’t trust this forum’s taste at all. We shall see.

I prefer it to Sweet and Fingertips. :wub:  It has one of the most beautiful melodies she has ever written