Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

My “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” Album Ranking and Short Track Reviews (leaving out the interludes and campy necklace):

Hide contents

1. Fishtail: The sultry bop we’ve been waiting for since cherry. Autotune. What the average person would expect if they heard Lana was doing a track for Euphoria, not Water(ed down drums)color Eyes. The way the first chorus comes in is going to have wigs flying everywhere. The production in the second verse is a standout and I hope Lana explores that sound more in the future.

2. A&W: Jimmy jimmy cocoa puff.

3. Taco Truck: Sexy guitar. Feels like you’re in a burlesque bar until Lanita comes out. Psychedelic sounding instrumental break into a trap version of VB. Anybody who doesn’t like this song should clean their ears out. The melody of the verses on Taco Truck is one of Lana's best 

4. Fingertips: Sonically boring, lyrically the strongest and most devastating among her discography.

5. Paris, Texas: Timeless and classic melody. Beautiful high vocals. Simplicity is key. Beautiful guitar is layered on top of the sample's piano and it really makes the song pop.

6. Let The Light In: Beautiful warm production. Inviting guitars. FJM’s vocals complement Lana’s perfectly. It’s, for me, the first track of the “second part” of the album. In the second part of the record, there is a shift sonically, and it just feels more relaxed. From this song and on, it feels like Lana’s “processed” all the heavy themes in the first tracks and is ready to have some fun.

7. Kintsugi: Gorgeous gorgeous melody. Beautiful (but confusing) lyrics. Fingertips sister song with a more concrete melody. For the girls who care about melody too much to fuck with Fingertips. Mentions a man by name.

8. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

9. Peppers: A breath of fresh air for Lana. I’m so happy to see her making songs like this even if they aren’t Grammy winners. Lana has an ear for samples/melodies and I can totally see her utilizing them to make less heavy, fun tracks like this one in the future. Interesting production, might take a few listens to get it. 

10. Grandfather: Lovely message and pretty melody, but it just doesn’t have that replay value for me. Wish the drums were more developed.

11. The Grants: Sorry but the intro really kills my buzz. Pretty melodies and vocal delivery but nothing special compared to the rest of the record.

12. Sweet: Pretty chorus, but the Disney-esque strings get old.

13. Margaret: I’m sure lots of you will LOVE this song, I just really can’t with Jack’s verse. It sounds like he’s having a stroke. The intro/outro to the song is VERY VERY nfr sounding - the production is done very well.

Fun Fact: The exact same phrase is used several times in the chorus of two separate songs.

campy necklace

and also for giving me Margaret

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

My “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” Album Ranking and Short Track Reviews (leaving out the interludes and campy necklace):

Reveal hidden contents

1. Fishtail: The sultry bop we’ve been waiting for since cherry. Autotune. What the average person would expect if they heard Lana was doing a track for Euphoria, not Water(ed down drums)color Eyes. The way the first chorus comes in is going to have wigs flying everywhere. The production in the second verse is a standout and I hope Lana explores that sound more in the future.

3. Taco Truck: Sexy guitar. Feels like you’re in a burlesque bar until Lanita comes out. Psychedelic sounding instrumental break into a trap version of VB. Anybody who doesn’t like this song should clean their ears out. The melody of the verses on Taco Truck is one of Lana's best 

4. Fingertips: Sonically boring, lyrically the strongest and most devastating among her discography.

5. Paris, Texas: Timeless and classic melody. Beautiful high vocals. Simplicity is key. Beautiful guitar is layered on top of the sample's piano and it really makes the song pop.

6. Let The Light In: Beautiful warm production. Inviting guitars. FJM’s vocals complement Lana’s perfectly. It’s, for me, the first track of the “second part” of the album. In the second part of the record, there is a shift sonically, and it just feels more relaxed. From this song and on, it feels like Lana’s “processed” all the heavy themes in the first tracks and is ready to have some fun.

7. Kintsugi: Gorgeous gorgeous melody. Beautiful (but confusing) lyrics. Fingertips sister song with a more concrete melody. For the girls who care about melody too much to fuck with Fingertips. Mentions a man by name.

9. Peppers: A breath of fresh air for Lana. I’m so happy to see her making songs like this even if they aren’t Grammy winners. Lana has an ear for samples/melodies and I can totally see her utilizing them to make less heavy, fun tracks like this one in the future. Interesting production, might take a few listens to get it. Starts to feel like an LSD trip gone wrong.

10. Grandfather: Lovely message and pretty melody, but it just doesn’t have that replay value for me. Wish the drums were more developed.

11. The Grants: Sorry but the intro really kills my buzz. Pretty melodies and vocal delivery but nothing special compared to the rest of the record.

13. Margaret: I’m sure lots of you will LOVE this song, I just really can’t with Jack’s verse. It sounds like he’s having a stroke. The intro/outro to the song is VERY VERY nfr sounding - the production is done very well.

Fun Fact: The exact same phrase is used several times in the chorus of two separate songs.

FINALLY 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Reveal hidden contents

9. Peppers: A breath of fresh air for Lana. I’m so happy to see her making songs like this even if they aren’t Grammy winners. Lana has an ear for samples/melodies and I can totally see her utilizing them to make less heavy, fun tracks like this one in the future. Interesting production, might take a few listens to get it. 

Spoiler

Taco truck truthers won. Venice bitch stans unite!!! 

sgopYhV.gif

59 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

and yes just to elaborate, stop asking floridakilos to leak the album. they are NOT going to do it. no known leaker in the fandom has ever leaked a full album, so stop asking. i’m going to be honest, it’s embarrassing to see users in this thread begging the leakers/insiders to leak the album. you know they’re not going to do it, so why bother asking. and of course, if things escalate, WPs will be handed out :dorothy3:

Honestly this is reading too power trippy, not sure if this is a new-mod attitude or what. You’re fundamentally censoring speech when it’s really not that serious. If people want to ask whatever questions they want then they should be allowed to ask them without being threatened with a WP (assuming they’re not asking for links/URLs ofc) but in this specific instance even if someone asks the question then it’s up to fl0ridakil0s or whatever insider to respond, l34k, or ignore it. I get that your title is moderator but maybe lighten up on the people :dorothy3:

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

I really hope there’s something big happening with Candy Necklace. The secrecy is so interesting.

There either must be something really weird about it like they only sing for 1 minute and the rest is just instrumentals or it is the best song ever lol 

13 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Hide contents

9. Peppers: A breath of fresh air for Lana. I’m so happy to see her making songs like this even if they aren’t Grammy winners. Lana has an ear for samples/melodies and I can totally see her utilizing them to make less (emotionally not sonically) heavy, fun tracks like this one in the future. Interesting production, might take a few listens to get it. Starts to feel like an LSD trip gone wrong.

Spoiler

What's wrong with candy necklace?

ok candy necklace gatekeeping was funny at the start but im getting worried now :raven: 

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

11 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Honestly this is reading too power trippy, not sure if this is a new-mod attitude or what. You’re fundamentally censoring speech when it’s really not that serious. If people want to ask whatever questions they want then they should be allowed to ask them without being threatened with a WP (assuming they’re not asking for links/URLs ofc) but in this specific instance even if someone asks the question then it’s up to fl0ridakil0s or whatever insider to respond, l34k, or ignore it. I get that your title is moderator but maybe lighten up on the people :dorothy3:

im sorry if my comment sounded too power-trippy (which is something i never want to come across as), but i think you may have misunderstood my comment. what i meant was if things escalated such as a fight begins or whatnot, then WPs will be issued. I would never issue a wp if someone wants to ask a question. floridakilos stated that they were not going to leak the album, so i was just simply restating what they said. im super sorry if i came across like that, wasn’t my intention to do so. 

EDIT: and of course if you have any problems with the way i am moderating, feel free to dm me @The Stargirl Pinky