Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Whew I gotta go to bed but one closing thought… 

Hide contents

Chucky was there for three out of three 

chucky.gif

Spoiler

I immediately thought that when I heard those lyrics 😭😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

18 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

the taco truck lyrics are interesting, my guess is that she's

Hide contents

speaking to her critics.

She's hanging out with her boyfriend, saying "Imagine if we actually gave a fuck" (about what people say about us)

Then goes into the Lanita verse which is probably going to be the most criticised part of the album, where lots of people will scream that she's culturally appropriating, and then:

Spin it till you whip it into white cream baby 

'spin' is what journalists/media do when they take an event and "spin" it into something news/clickworthy

Print it into black and white pages, don't faze me 

aka. print your spin into newspapers, it doesn't phase me

Before you talk let me stop what you're saying 

I know, I know, I know that you hate me

I already know that you hate me, so save your breath

It's cute, I like it. I think it would've been great to explore this a little more with a second verse and the more I listen to the track, I don't think VB needs to be there. I'm not a hater but it just isn't needed, I'd have liked if she kept the taco truck instrumental going and maybe overlayed the VB lyrics over that instead. But hey, I'm just being a critic so I know she doesn't care :kiss3:

Spoiler

OHHHH ok yes that's def what she did she was like.. they're gonna twist something on this album, so let me throw it in their faces on purpose and then make fun of it in the next lyrics.. it's like after all this time talking about how critics felt she's like "i don't care - here - talk about me!" and that's iconic  :aw:

2 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

I think the issue here is that this album is soooo wordy and diaristic that songs like Fingertips and Kintsugi completely fall apart if you can't understand what she's saying, because most of the meaning is found in the words.

Honestly sometimes I wonder if I just have bad hearing though because I watch reaction videos and half of them seem to understand everything she's saying while I'm hitting replay/searching this board for lyrics like a crazy person

I definitely agree…and I’m right there with you with wondering if my hearing is bad sometimes :trisha:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Spoiler

Getting a little personal but I just listened to kintsugi for the second time and I’m in tears 

I was too overwhelmed with excitement to hear the lyrics the first time 

I lived with my grandparents on my dads side from 11-until they died when I was 18. 
Lana just hits so hard at every point in my life. From being a boy obsessed teenager living life on the edge with no fear of the future… to being an adult whose experienced loss and all the consequences of living a “wild” life. i just can’t express how comforting it is to constantly grow and change with her music by my side. 

Spoiler

everyone's situation is different, to me the most relatable and hard hitting lyrics come with fishtails. I also like my sadness accompanied with some beats (cinnamon).

2 minutes ago, Mistress999 said:

Still no CN right?

Spoiler

nope and it likely won’t leak at all 

1 minute ago, Mistress999 said:

Still no CN right?

Spoiler

Someone on that site said that they would leak CN if someone removed the vocals of FJM and they just uploaded a file "without his vowels" so let's wait

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Preacher interlude notes and why you should consider it

Spoiler

The interlude is DEFINITELY Lana playing with the themes in his sermon to discuss her expression of lust through her career and how it may be viewed. It sounds kind of like she’s being condemned and she’s laughing at it all. Very unhinged.

The Adam’s son line was very pertinent. Listen to the way the production behind his sermon changes as he speaks. It sounds like lore and canon within the Lana Del Rey story a la Paradise , perhaps a response from the “religious” man she sings about through her songs or maybe this is meant to be Jim

also, I can see her likening herself to a God (the artist) in this in adapting his words as her own - Lana is speaking through the preacher in asking “how can you idolize me?” (Or whatever word he used) - fits with her calling herself Aphrodite in fingertips. This album is very much about lasting through time, escaping mortal bounds of memory and perhaps becoming infamous / god-like. It’s her testament to longevity

Beyond that, if you still get the ick from the interlude bc religion/bigotry - consider listening to it in the frame of an American Horror Story episode. It truly is a journey and some of the intrigue comes from wondering if Lana’s included it because she agrees with his words or if she’s framing a narrative for her art . Hence, make it a narrative if u wish!

1 minute ago, Dusk said:
  Hide contents

nope and it likely won’t leak at all 

Guess I'll listen to the whole thing on the 24th, I want the full experience 😔

8 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

I actually really like the jon batiste interlude omg I didn’t expect to but the vibe is really cool 

Spoiler

This interlude gave me Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon psychedelic vibes. If Lana leaned more into that she’d make a CLASSIC