Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

Will the baby be alright?

will I have one of mine?

I’ve overplayed Fingertips all week but HOLY SHIT that lyric. 

also giving me Emily Haines (Metric lead singer) solo work vibe

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler

Spoiler

Drew Erickson is only allowed to produce jazz songs now… IYLDWM and LTLI are perfection

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Judah Smith Interlude:

Reveal hidden contents

When we got the description of the song as Lana laughing over Judah's sermon I guess I was expecting her to be like cackling over an ominous sermon with creepy instruments (a la Season of the Witch maybe) but I was somehow wrong about all three. Anyways I don't even know what he was saying

Kintsugi:

Reveal hidden contents

A portion of this sounded like Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. And she kinda spilled some whiny Lizzy vocals and I just :lange:

Paris, Texas:

Reveal hidden contents

This song reminded me of Fordham Road somehow which I don't think I would have ever expected but holy fuck. And yesss I'm totally getting the Coraline vibes wow

Grandfather...:

Reveal hidden contents

More May Jailer vibes wtf is going on hereee

Margaret:

Reveal hidden contents

Jack was giving a bit of Springsteen which was pretty slay/offbeat. Also the party is December 18th :true:

Fishtail:

Reveal hidden contents

PALM TREES IN BLACK AND WHITE! :read:Also this particular song has made me realize something that I'm gonna put in my closing statement...

Peppers:

Reveal hidden contents

This one is giving Happiness is a butterfly for sureee. This one is insane. I can't believe she made a song like this I love her

Taco Truck x VB:

Reveal hidden contents

Back in 2019 before we got the NFR tracklist I guessed that Venice Bitch would be the closer on the album. Somehow I got that part right -- just 4 years later and on a different album!

Closing statement:

Reveal hidden contents

I am really, really getting a mixtape vibe off of this album. The multiple samples, including of herself... especially how she uses the same phrases (When you know, you know; braids, etc). It is such a chaotic album but it also feels so organized. I'm biting my tongue to tell more in depth opinions but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I need to expose myself to these songs for a bit first

This ended up being a long post so I put it in a spoiler!

Spoiler

Saying grandfather is giving may jailer and peppers giving Happiness is a butterfly is definitely one of the craziest takes i’ve heard i think you need more time with it for sure 😭

1 minute ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

are you poking fun? lol. I know its pretty obvious, im just enjoying contributing to the discussion

No I really did like your interpretation! You could be onto something. But I really do think the cream part is sexual or maybe I’m just a perv and automatically assume that LOL

1 minute ago, imaginist said:

No I really did like your interpretation! You could be onto something. But I really do think the cream part is sexual or maybe I’m just a perv and automatically assume that LOL

Spoiler

i thought she was just being horny but theres prob deeper meanings to it

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

1 minute ago, imaginist said:

oh LOL I read my post back and was like "well thats pretty fuckin obvious actually" and then got insecure :toofunny:

weird I didn't go straight to it being a sexual thing tbhhhhhh

Spoiler

In regards to vocals…is this not the woman who has sang through a piece of paper on multiple songs and said in a Lust for Life interview that she likes to play with distance from the mic, etc to get different vocal effects for different songs? Not every take is going to be crystal clear, because she doesn’t want it to be 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jack's voice on Margaret is not bad, in fact, he's giving Bon Iver / Bruce Springsteen.

Spoiler

the way ur username ended up being so true i admire you

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Wait why does this leak of Fingertips sound way better… like it has actual production 

Spoiler

The reverb on her voice is so annoying, though. You hear the hissing sound every time she's about to open her mouth.

There's a number of her songs that have the most intense reverb like Tomorrow Never Came, Florida Kilos, Bartender, and I just wish the vocals were recorded clearly, like Norman's - which, to date, remains her song with the absolute clearest, purest vocals. Again, it's the difference between Jack and other producers who let her give into her worst tendencies.

3 minutes ago, Enco said:
  Hide contents

Saying grandfather is giving may jailer and peppers giving Happiness is a butterfly is definitely one of the craziest takes i’ve heard i think you need more time with it for sure 😭

Spoiler

I meant more vocal wise  :toofunny: Like those vocal styles she used in those songs sjdnfjsdf

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:
  Hide contents

In regards to vocals…is this not the woman who has sang through a piece of paper on multiple songs and said in a Lust for Life interview that she likes to play with distance from the mic, etc to get different vocal effects for different songs? Not every take is going to be crystal clear, because she doesn’t want it to be 

Spoiler

Intention doesn’t automatically make something good:awk: but a lot of times my issues with vocals lower after spending some time with the album and getting used to it anyway

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・