Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, imaginist said:

NFR and LFL. I know some will hate that, but there are so many songs on those albums that resonate so much with me. They’re irreplaceable 

when did you start to listen to her? i feel like UV is only my top 2 bc im so nostalgic for it. it was my first new album release for her.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

I think I know why she chose VB as the closing. It’s a literal signing off song, she even shouts out Lake Placid. It’s like she’s dropping the mic and walking off stage while the crowd gives a standing ovation :trisha:

the taco truck lyrics are interesting, my guess is that she's

Spoiler

speaking to her critics.

She's hanging out with her boyfriend, saying "Imagine if we actually gave a fuck" (about what people say about us)

Then goes into the Lanita verse which is probably going to be the most criticised part of the album, where lots of people will scream that she's culturally appropriating, and then:

Spin it till you whip it into white cream baby 

'spin' is what journalists/media do when they take an event and "spin" it into something news/clickworthy

Print it into black and white pages, don't faze me 

aka. print your spin into newspapers, it doesn't phase me

Before you talk let me stop what you're saying 

I know, I know, I know that you hate me

I already know that you hate me, so save your breath

It's cute, I like it. I think it would've been great to explore this a little more with a second verse and the more I listen to the track, I don't think VB needs to be there. I'm not a hater but it just isn't needed, I'd have liked if she kept the taco truck instrumental going and maybe overlayed the VB lyrics over that instead. But hey, I'm just being a critic so I know she doesn't care :kiss3:

It’s like she’s dropping the mic and walking off stage while the crowd gives a standing ovation

Spoiler

i would be screaming so loud if this happened during the tour (manifesting)

I understand mixing for it to sound intimate & unpolished but damn Lana get a better mic girl :-( there is so much noise in some of the songs behind her voice

i feel like she refused to do multiple takes for some songs and wanted to do it straight from her iPhone earpods skdjdjdjdjdjdj for the sake of art girl I feel you 

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Reveal hidden contents

not the twins in the shining :bebe: i didnt mean it bad, it was just interesting because ive seen several people say something similar and its just i did NOT get that at all. its so interesting how everyone takes different things from each song.

Spoiler

LOL I know you didn’t mean anything bad! Yes it’s super interesting the way music is heard different by everyone, I think it reminds me of a danny elfman-esque melody and I associate his melodies with mostly creepy movies. I think that’s what my weird ass loves most about the song tho :hooker:

Just now, lanitataco said:

when did you start to listen to her? i feel like UV is only my top 2 bc im so nostalgic for it. it was my first new album release for her.

Sep 2021 😂😂 I do think UV and HM would hit harder for me if I was a longtime fan and I understand why people treasure them. UV has actually been growing on me so much lately. My rankings always change. The only thing that’s never changed is NFR at the top 

Spoiler

Judah Smith Interlude:

Spoiler

When we got the description of the song as Lana laughing over Judah's sermon I guess I was expecting her to be like cackling over an ominous sermon with creepy instruments (a la Season of the Witch maybe) but I was somehow wrong about all three. Anyways I don't even know what he was saying

Kintsugi:

Spoiler

A portion of this sounded like Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. And she kinda spilled some whiny Lizzy vocals and I just :lange:

Paris, Texas:

Spoiler

This song reminded me of Fordham Road somehow which I don't think I would have ever expected but holy fuck. And yesss I'm totally getting the Coraline vibes wow

Grandfather...:

Spoiler

More May Jailer vibes wtf is going on hereee

Margaret:

Spoiler

Jack was giving a bit of Springsteen which was pretty slay/offbeat. Also the party is December 18th :true:

Fishtail:

Spoiler

PALM TREES IN BLACK AND WHITE! :read:Also this particular song has made me realize something that I'm gonna put in my closing statement...

Peppers:

Spoiler

This one is giving Happiness is a butterfly for sureee. This one is insane. I can't believe she made a song like this I love her

Taco Truck x VB:

Spoiler

Back in 2019 before we got the NFR tracklist I guessed that Venice Bitch would be the closer on the album. Somehow I got that part right -- just 4 years later and on a different album!

Closing statement:

Spoiler

I am really, really getting a mixtape vibe off of this album. The multiple samples, including of herself... especially how she uses the same phrases (When you know, you know; braids, etc). It is such a chaotic album but it also feels so organized. I'm biting my tongue to tell more in depth opinions but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I need to expose myself to these songs for a bit first

This ended up being a long post so I put it in a spoiler!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Sep 2021 😂😂 I do think UV and HM would hit harder for me if I was a longtime fan and I understand why people treasure them. UV has actually been growing on me so much lately. My rankings always change. The only thing that’s never changed is NFR at the top 

NFR is jacks best work :true:

2 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

the taco truck lyrics are interesting, my guess is that she's

Hide contents

speaking to her critics.

She's hanging out with her boyfriend, saying "Imagine if we actually gave a fuck" (about what people say about us)

Then goes into the Lanita verse which is probably going to be the most criticised part of the album, where lots of people will scream that she's culturally appropriating, and then:

'spin' is what journalists/media do when they take an event and "spin" it into something news/clickworthy

Print it into black and white pages, don't faze me 

aka. print your spin into newspapers, it doesn't phase me

Before you talk let me stop what you're saying 

I know, I know, I know that you hate me

I already know that you hate me, so save your breath

It's cute, I like it. I think it would've been great to explore this a little more with a second verse and the more I listen to the track, I don't think VB needs to be there. I'm not a hater but it just isn't needed, I'd have liked if she kept the taco truck instrumental going and maybe overlayed the VB lyrics over that instead. But hey, I'm just being a critic so I know she doesn't care :kiss3:

Genius!

2 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I think she's just talking about... something else :rip:

2 minutes ago, tomxev said:

I understand mixing for it to sound intimate & unpolished but damn Lana get a better mic girl :-( there is so much noise in some of the songs behind her voice

i feel like she refused to do multiple takes for some songs and wanted to do it straight from her iPhone earpods skdjdjdjdjdjdj for the sake of art girl I feel you 

Spoiler

most of the stuff is just voice memos i thought she said that or maybe it was jack