Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

It degraded itself by being a song about her grown man bf not coming over to braid her hair:bebe:

Spoiler

She kinda spilled…

Spoiler

Fishtails isn’t great but it isn’t really terrible…it’s a mess really and the autotune is super annoying.  Kintsugi and Fingertips have some beautiful lyrics  but are probably songs I!m rarely going to listen to.  The highlights on the album for me are A&W and Grandfather so far.   

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

It degraded itself by being a song about her grown man bf not coming over to braid her hair:bebe:

Spoiler

She just wants to put her hands on his knees like Angelina Jolie so he can do a fat cris cross in the back somewhere what’s bad about that?!? Let her be sad and horny we love it 

1 minute ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

Woah don’t be hating on my girl fishtails:blush2:

TACO TRUCK IS OFFICIALLY THE #1 FISHTAIL HATER   

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

Someone removed FJM vocals in new file on that site. Now, someone better give us Candy Necklace:defeated:

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

TACO TRUCK IS OFFICIALLY THE #1 FISHTAIL HATER   

That’s embarrassing 4 u honey :kiss:

1 minute ago, lanascarlitos said:

how the fuck do you do that

Click on the eye icon on the top

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

2 minutes ago, Enco said:
  Hide contents

She just wants to put her hands on his knees like Angelina Jolie so he can do a fat cris cross in the back somewhere what’s bad about that?!? Let her be sad and horny we love it 

Spoiler

She can be sad and horny all she wants if she’s sad and horny on a good song:smile3:

but fr I’m just being sassy and silly I do think fishtail is very much -not good- song but it’s not the worst song ever:defeated:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Ok so looking at the lyrics of Kintsugi:

Spoiler

There's a certain point the body can't come back from

pretty sure this is directly speaking to trauma - some things effect the body so deeply that it can't bounce back

In one year we've learned the turn of the mouth

The depth that the chest cavity takes

turn of the mouth is an interesting phrase, I believe it refers to the spoken word. so this line is saying that certain words were spoken that were so hurtful/traumatic that they really tested the depth of the chest cavity (the heart).

Chucky was there for three out of three 

I was there for the third cause I couldn't be there for the one who was closest to me

This could be one of two things: (1) Chucky was the one who the hurtful words/trauma was directed at (therefore she was there for all three) and lana was there for the third - and last - instance. Perhaps lana witnessed someone truly hurting her sister and so she took her out of that scenario (which is why there wasn't a fourth) and why lana feels so protective/motherly of her. However its could also be (2) Lana disassociated for the first two traumatic events, but her sister witnessed them. This also makes sense because the next line is about her 'running' when things get too hard.

But I can’t say I run when things get hard

It's just that I don’t trust myself with my heart

But I’ve had to let it break a little more 

Cause they say that's what it's for 

That's how the light shines in 

That's how the light shines in 

It’s how the light gets in

You could read this as an affirmation that it's important to not disassociate (which is how it becomes a trauma, because it's relegated to the body instead of being processed in the mind) and that by truly bearing witness to your pain, your heart can grow fuller ("there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in" / kintsugi being about piecing together cracked vases to make them beautiful again.)

So everyone was there

They were standing, laughing

And I’m on the side with my tears streaming down 

Something about the clutch of the wrist 

This verse speaks to the third and final trauma that she witnessed (either happening to her or to her sister) and that she was 'on the side' aka the drama wasn't revolving around her, she was witnessing it happen (still don't know if this is because it's her sister or because she's disassociated)

He thought mine was his to cough into his mouth 

We’ve only got hours, and I just can't stop crying

Cause all of the ways, when you see someone dying

The sea of your days flash in front of you

And you think about who will be with you 

And then there's Donoghue

These lyrics seem way too personal/specific that I'm not sure they can be dissected without Lana shedding light on them, which is fine but also it's a slight criticism I have on the album, that some of the content is steeped in metaphor, symbolism and personal references that we're a bit locked out of the real meaning.

Daddy I miss them, I’m in the mountains 

I’m probably running away from the feelings I get

When I think of all the things about them

Daddy I miss them, I’m at the Roadrunner Cafe 

I’m probably running away from the thoughts in the day

That have things to do with them 

But they say 

That's how the light gets in 

I'm guessing the "them" that she's referring to is her feelings/emotions. The chorus talks about 'running away' from her thoughts/pain, and we've established that she has a problem with disassociating from her pain, hence the trauma. perhaps she's saying that she wants to feel again. this could also be about being medicated/numb. "comfortably numb but with lithium came poetry, I've been running on "meds" for so long, I forgot how hot/cruel/intense the world was, until now...")

Think by the third of March, I was cracked open

Finally the ground was cold, they wouldn't open

Brought by the sunlight of the spirit to pour into me

There's a name for it in Japanese, it’s Kintsugi

Perhaps this is when she came off the meds/stopped disassociating/faced her trauma head on and allowed the 'cracks' to open up and let the light in.

Just now, racecar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Someone removed FJM vocals in new file on that site. Now, someone better give us Candy Necklace:defeated:

Spoiler

Bitches out there removing FJM from the collab 4 hours after the l34k but Candy Necklace remains in jail the homophobia I - 😭

Hide contents

She can be sad and horny all she wants if she’s sad and horny on a good song:smile3:

but fr I’m just being sassy and silly I do think fishtail is very much -not good- but it’s not the worst song ever:defeated:

Spoiler

You will definitely switch up let’s be FR 

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:
  Hide contents

Me 2nd sis

STOP THE FISHTAILS SLANDER NOW :cryney2:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram