Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Vertimus said:

Crack. You're in for a real treat. And CN may leak at any moment. Personally, I'm not getting too hyped about CN alone, lest it be a bud. Everything we heard last night was a very pleasant surprise, and, in my opinion, a creative success sure to win her a lot of critical applause. 

I'm so excited!! Glad to see you enjoyed it!

5 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

i listened to the first 40 seconds of paris texas and i’m pretty impressed omg, i can’t stop thinking about it, the best is yet to come? should i listen to it fully?😭😭

Spoiler

girl just listen at this point, it's worth it, a masterpiece

Just now, DCooper said:

I'm so excited!! Glad to see you enjoyed it!

Spoiler

Thank you kindly. I'm perplexed about some of it, and feel that, of the three singles, The Grants best reflects the rest of the album, without it being 'a piano album' or an album consisting largely of 'mellow ballads.' She's really doing something creative here, something outside the usual creative boxes. But the main thing is that it's touching and beautiful too. I don't know why BOZ or whomever it was didn't like 'Kintsugi,' it's really something. Enjoy!! 

7 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i listened to the first 40 seconds of paris texas and i’m pretty impressed omg, i can’t stop thinking about it, the best is yet to come? should i listen to it fully?😭😭

Spoiler

Paris Texas was the one I immediately went to after listening to the whole thing. It’s one of her best tracks ever I fear :krylie: it’s also a very Gemini song in my opinion, very much about finding a home in yourself while you’re traveling from place to place. Gorgeous, slightly spooky and ominous but ultimately super nostalgic. The lyricism is so simple yet so fucking effective. I’m obsessed.

IMG-7960.jpg

Although it wasn’t my favorite…

Spoiler

Paris Texas is unlike anything she’s ever done. The melody is growing on me and it’s really interesting to hear her do something out of the box. I can see this song being used in a soundtrack for a drama/suspense TV production

1 hour ago, summer bummer said:

you are NOT happy today lmao 😭😭

I’m super happy sun is out and I’m going to a park with my friend throwing an ocean blvd listening party!! Life is beautiful :sass:

Spoiler

even if this album isn’t

Spoiler

jk 

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’ve been thinking about this too. Side A is definitely Sean. She name drops Jack in Kintsugi… Then Peppers, LTLI, and Taco Truck seem to be more about Mike since he co-wrote the songs. Also Mike seems like he would be a bigger RHCP fan than Jack  

Spoiler

That's true, I had forgotten which ones Mike produced but that does make more sense that his influence would be on Side D lol 

1 hour ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

I haven't seen it but I think I may have to watch it now!

Its a pretty good movie! And knowing that Lana probably was influenced by it for the song makes it so much more interesting too :true:

Spoiler

the echos on her laughs in pastor interlude omg it’s so unnerving it reminds of barefeet on linoleum or whatever it’s called

and the guitar? yupppp

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Also can I just say that

Spoiler

I just love that she gave us many moments of the more playful and catchy lyricism of the BTD/Lizzy eras? Fingertips, Kintsugi, etc are quite dense and complex but there are many moments in songs like Peppers, Fishtail and Taco Truck that just have all these really goofy and light hearted lyrics that are simultaneously so Lana and also disclose a true willingness from her to connect with her playful, outrageous side despite all the trauma and complex emotions she’s been ruminating in the past years.

It’s sort of the inverse process of Lust For Life where she was kind of abandoning some of her quirks to focus on her personal demons and growth and in this one she’s coming out of it scarred but ultimately determined to embrace the many sides of her, including the ones she used to be shamed for. What better sense of freedom and happiness do you get if not the one where you find yourself beaming at the end of the tunnel? I have no words for how much I’m adoring this album, in the same visceral way records like UV, HM and NFR did to me. What a fucking masterpiece.

IMG-7960.jpg