Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

32 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I am so conflicted, I want to wait for Candy Necklace but I don't know if my sanity can, I could hardly sleep I was so excited. I also need to listen to this album before my house guest arrives on Wednesday and if our girl Candy isn't here by then and I still haven't listened I'll panic. I will probably crack this weekend and then consider Candy Necklace something extra special to look forward to on release day.

Spoiler

Feeling the exact same way! I want to wait for release day to listen in Dolby Atmos. And I’m also waiting for Candy Necklace so I can listen to the leak in full but I also really want to listen right now, because I’m sick in bed and fucking desperate for some relief. Very conflicted feelings!! 😣

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, trashmagik said:

has it leaked untagged?? 

yea

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

QUESTION FOR THE CULTURE OF KINTSUGI

so around the 3:48 mark

Reveal hidden contents

she says something about 14 year old froggy???????? I was listening and I was so lost, then I googled it and saw this

789789789      B088GDG1RL.01. SCLZZZZZZZ SX500

Is it possible that she's talking about like, this notebook? Like, she had it and was journaling on it?? 

Pls I'm so lost :hide: this sounds crazy

also this

Label 1 of Daily Dram Poisonous Frog Series Orkney 14 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky    it's a drink apparently? 

oh i wanna talk abt this too! these were my thoughts from earlier

4 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

have u guys talked yet abt the lyrics in kintsugi (which i know were posted by floridakilos but incompletely if i remember correctly)

Reveal hidden contents

the one abt new froggy bc i'm desperately trying to figure out the words but it's such a blur 

i think it could be: "they sang folk songs from the forties, even before ten year old new froggy 'came accordion" 

could be abt froggy bottom by the band below (but composed by mary lou williams on piano) in 1929 (later renamed and released by williams as overhand (new froggy bottom))

"going down to the bottom to live my easy way" :kris:

and covered/sampled a bunch of times in the next decade seemingly mostly on accordion?

lmao if someone has already said all this

mUENGN9.png

12 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m sorry but I’m finding myself really enjoying the Judah Smith interlude, even his sermon :bebe:

It connects so well with A&W, and I feel like the second half will connect with Candy Necklace. He talks about a man lusting after his neighbor when he has a family: does he really love his family then? How can he live a life full of love? Of course, it’s not helpful to shame people for having natural human feelings, so you hear Lana in the background almost mocking him? He’s speaking from the perspective of the men she sleeps with in A&W, the ones have affairs with her in Ramada hotels. This is her ‘American Whore’ life coming in; she’s the one in his congregation whose neighbor(s) lusts after her. It’s something that that she feels gives her power, especially after being wronged so many times in the past. She hears him talking about Elohim or the almighty God and divine artist. She’s hearing about how powerful he is, but she’s been wronged by him so many times. 

Idk if it’s a stretch, especially since it’s clear Lana attends church lol. But she obviously chose this particular sermon (maybe even asked Judah to make one specifically for the interlude). I feel like I really need to listen to it more. I really don’t think she just chose some random sermon to feature him. 

Spoiler

I love this interlude too. Great world building, feels like some weird 70s culty shit too :omfg2:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

12 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

the way every single post is in spoilers now :toofunny:

this is the most nonsensical rule of this forum. for an artist who has all her albums leak prior to release and for a forum that is so leak centric, it makes no sense to enforce a "no spoilers" rule. it makes the thread unreadable and hard to follow with the amount of spoiler tags, if you are waiting to hear the album on the 24th then simply don't visit this thread. y'all know most of this forum has already heard the album by now so that'll be main discussion 90% of the time. i don't go around looking at threads or twitter discussions for shows i haven't seen yet expecting them to be spoiler free... 

it also makes no sense to have pre-release and post-release threads or whatever. there should be one main thread that allows spoilers, discussion of leaks and for insiders to post etc and one no-spoilers thread for people abstaining until release to share their excitement. 

this should be how it's set up:

LDRX Pre-Pre Release Discussion (at this point there aren't really 'spoilers' except for whatever snippet or little tidbit she shares which is almost always read or listened by everyone) 

----- after album announcement ----

LDRX Album Thread (w SPOILERS)

LDRX Spoiler Free Discussion Thread (as we get closer to the album when snippets or leaks or descriptions start popping up, then this one can get hidden on release day) 

there's no need for a post-release thread... just my two cents @ mods and @ ellen 

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

oh i wanna talk abt this too! these were my thoughts from earlier

Spoiler

You're literally a life saver LMAO it makes so much sense that she's mentioning a song and not some random notebook :toofloppy: and after that verse she says accordion so yeah, this is it. I think by the lyrics she means that she knew this very old song since she was 14?

Spoiler

So even without knowing CN, I would divide the album into 4 parts 

1-3: the classics 

4-7: the wild part 

8-14: beautiful and sad :xcry:

15,16: finale 

while a&w, jon batiste interlude and fishtail are transitions

16 minutes ago, jackritchiexo said:
  Hide contents

ok but “the party’s december 18th” is she hinting at something coming out on december 18th!!! i’m probably clowning 

Spoiler

considering the song is about jack and margaret, i’m gonna guess it’s maybe the date they got engaged, they’re going to get married, or something else celebrating their relationship 

14 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

QUESTION FOR THE CULTURE OF KINTSUGI

so around the 3:48 mark

Reveal hidden contents

she says something about 14 year old froggy???????? I was listening and I was so lost, then I googled it and saw this

789789789      B088GDG1RL.01. SCLZZZZZZZ SX500

Is it possible that she's talking about like, this notebook? Like, she had it and was journaling on it?? 

Pls I'm so lost :hide: this sounds crazy

also this

Label 1 of Daily Dram Poisonous Frog Series Orkney 14 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky    it's a drink apparently? 

Spoiler

i believe it maybe has something to do with “froggy went a-courting” which is an old folk nursery rhyme

3 minutes ago, 111 said:

this is the most nonsensical rule of this forum. for an artist who has all her albums leak prior to release and for a forum that is so leak centric, it makes no sense to enforce a "no spoilers" rule. it makes the thread unreadable and hard to follow with the amount of spoiler tags, if you are waiting to hear the album on the 24th then simply don't visit this thread. y'all know most of this forum has already heard the album by now so that'll be main discussion 90% of the time. i don't go around looking at threads or twitter discussions for shows i haven't seen yet expecting them to be spoiler free... 

it also makes no sense to have pre-release and post-release threads or whatever. there should be one main thread that allows spoilers, discussion of leaks and for insiders to post etc and one no-spoilers thread for people abstaining until release to share their excitement. 

this should be how it's set up:

LDRX Pre-Pre Release Discussion (at this point there aren't really 'spoilers' except for whatever snippet or little tidbit she shares which is almost always read or listened by everyone) 

----- after album announcement ----

LDRX Album Thread (w SPOILERS)

LDRX Spoiler Free Discussion Thread (as we get closer to the album when snippets or leaks or descriptions start popping up, then this one can get hidden on release day) 

there's no need for a post-release thread... just my two cents @ mods and @ ellen 

omg :toofunny: i'm not against spoiler tags at all. we discuss the album since day 1 of announcement, if it leaks one week or two months before release then spoiler tags must be used imo because there are many like me who still want to visit this thread for news, discussing the singles etc... why would I stop even seeing the thread just because it leaked?

I do believe there should be only one mega thread for pre release and post release though

45 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:
  Hide contents

Honestly it’s too soon for her to add VB into her album. If it was 2030 then it would’ve hit harder. But it still feels so new and fresh that it honestly just confused me….especially as a closer….

I actually find it's the perfect time for it, but i guess that also depends on personal experiences.

But in a general sense VB (and NFR) was pre-COVID, the album even managed to document that with The Greatest before it even occured (her clairvoyance). Now that that shift occured, it's a neat callback imo. Also it's one of her all time greatest songs so 

Initial thoughts on Ocean Blvd: 

Spoiler

The first four tracks are all beautiful. The interludes, to me at least, fell flat. There was no need to have two of them so close together, especially at their length - however, they'll obviously make more sense once we hear candy necklace. I loved kintsugi, fingertips not so much but I do like it's lyricism. Paris, Texas --> Margaret is a gorgeous track-run, especially Let The Light In & Margaret. Fishtail is decent. Peppers was EXCITING, something we've never heard from Lana but it was everything I want in a Lana song. Taco Truck x VB sounded great despite the criticism I've seen on here.

Top 5 in no particular order: Taco Truck, Peppers, Let The Light In, Margaret, A&W. 
Tracks I'm not so high on: The Judah Smith interlude, fingertips

Just now, PARADIXO said:

omg :toofunny: i'm not against spoiler tags at all. we discuss the album since day 1 of announcement, if it leaks one week or two months before release then spoiler tags but me used imo because there are many like me who still want to visit this thread for news, discussing the singles etc... why would I stop even seeing the thread just because it leaked?

I do believe there should be only one mega thread for pre release and post release though

that's what i'm saying there should be a spoiler free thread for people wishing to discuss the album without being spoiled? this is how it's done on other forums for big TV shows (drag race spoilers vs. no spoilers threads for example) 

the main thread is not the place to try and enforce a no spoilers rule and then warn people for forgetting it or not using it correctly for the 10% of people wishing to abstain while the 90% of the forum has heard the album and is discussing it.