Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

sometimes i feel like i'm being gaslit on this forum... Lana's vocals on songs like Sweet and Fingertips sound SO BAD to me, she's not actually a soprano, she's a mezzo and a lot of her super high notes she has been doing sound so...shrill. I really can't tell if it's the mixing, but I feel like it must be because her vocals on White Dress never bothered me:crai:

Spoiler

Maybe its the quality of the leaks? I'm not sure. Someone on a certain website said those that leaked are demo versions but I highly highly doubt that by this point. Those demos should've leaked months ago when the laptop was stolen, if there are any demos to begin with. We know how leakers can't stand to sit on something for longer than a month tops

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really don't know why they say that Lana has the Arcadia vocals in these songs. In fact, she is using her lower register. If I had to compare it to one type of voice, it would be White Dress.

Spoiler

it is more like her white dress vocals, which is why it confuses me why i don't like the vocals on these songs when i enjoy the vocals on white dress.  

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

In some weird way, Blue Banisters feels like a compilation of "Lana's favorites" kind of like how LFL feels to me, but this feels like a totally new record that's got more quality, from what I've heard, rather than a random collection of tracks. Much higher quality than BB was for me, it seems like and having more playability whereas BB is just good to turn on during a shower or cooking or something mundane. This'll be a "let me get fucked up on the beach or let me cry while driving down the highway" album again and i'm so fucking here for it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

For the love of everything holy can we stop derailing the thread to discussions about Blue Banisters

If you're bored or have nothing else about Ocean Blvd to discuss, please go to that album's thread or the Random Lana Discussion thread.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

For the love of everything holy can we stop derailing the thread to discussions about Blue Banisters

If you're bored or have nothing else about Ocean Blvd to discuss, please go to that album's thread or the Random Lana Discussion thread.

Comparing the new album to the last album before it is nothing new to this forum. We do it every era, it's relevant to the discussion. Idk why it bothers you, just keep scrolling

giphy.gif

Spoiler

ok... i'm reminded a lot of her vocals on Blue Banisters from 2:24-2:34. Honestly I think she sings too fast? Like half the time it sounds like she's trying to catch up with herself and then she goes into a high note that sounds off lol. 

also i'm not being a hater i just genuinely don't understand why i don't like these vocals when I like White Dress vocals that are very high:paris:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

obviously BB is so powerful it's became a reference point for everything else lana does

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Just now, kraljicabenzinske said:

obviously BB is so powerful it's became a reference point for everything else lana does

eh not really. but it's relevant to the conversation because it can help decipher the next direction of Lana's music. so for ocean blvd...

Spoiler

you can tell some vocals are similar or some instrumentals but it's totally a different sound from blue banisters, which i'm very grateful for. i liked a few tracks on blue banisters and i don't hate that record, but it just felt like a random playlist of unreleased rather than a totally new album. ocean blvd on the other hand is dancing along the lines of new material and different sounds that she's toying with and you can tell even from the title track. it's completely different from blue banister's title track, where it's minimalist, but ocean's title track has more than just a simple piano or pulsing synth sound

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

Can't go a day without those "Blue Banisters is a mixtape" thinkpieces :eartha2:

Really curious about Candy Necklace. That snippet and those instruments don't really scream "massive," but I'm excited to see where it goes.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, American Whore said:
  Hide contents

In some weird way, Blue Banisters feels like a compilation of "Lana's favorites" kind of like how LFL feels to me, but this feels like a totally new record that's got more quality, from what I've heard, rather than a random collection of tracks. Much higher quality than BB was for me, it seems like and having more playability whereas BB is just good to turn on during a shower or cooking or something mundane. This'll be a "let me get fucked up on the beach or let me cry while driving down the highway" album again and i'm so fucking here for it

Spoiler

100% agree, BB and LFL feel like a compilation, whereas this feels like an entire world of its own (from what we've heard)

28 minutes ago, DietMountainJack said:
  Hide contents

yeah confirmed :thumb2:

How do we know???? Is this something confirmed in someone's dream or is there non-Astral confirmation??

21 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

sometimes i feel like i'm being gaslit on this forum... Lana's vocals on songs like Sweet and Fingertips sound SO BAD to me, she's not actually a soprano, she's a mezzo and a lot of her super high notes she has been doing sound so...shrill. I really can't tell if it's the mixing, but I feel like it must be, because her vocals on White Dress never bothered me:crai:

Take it back, filth

Jk ab the insult I just love it actually but I do miss her deeper register 

2 minutes ago, mmarrythenight said:

Reveal hidden contents

100% agree, BB and LFL feel like a compilation, whereas this feels like an entire world of its own (from what we've heard)

Spoiler

Even COCC felt like it's own little avenue, just left from NFR's hometown. But Blue Banisters felt like a pitstop, just like how LFL was a pitstop between Honeymoon's hometown and NFR's. This feels like we're going to a new destination and on a wild endeavor somewhere totally new. Off the map, somewhere else. I can't wait to hear what all we haven't heard from this album so far, fucking hell it's gonna end all of us :true:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

The person who posted that Candy Necklace leak has to be mentally ill, seek help!:eartha:

literally what I said

I cannot wait until Friday when someone normal will have the album and l-word it because I'm tired of having to witness the manic episodes of the people that currently have it (or pretend that they do). it's sad, concerning and disturbing and not half of the slay they think it is

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

19 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

sometimes i feel like i'm being gaslit on this forum... Lana's vocals on songs like Sweet and Fingertips sound SO BAD to me, she's not actually a soprano, she's a mezzo and a lot of her super high notes she has been doing sound so...shrill. I really can't tell if it's the mixing, but I feel like it must be, because her vocals on White Dress never bothered me:crai:

Spoiler

I know what mean on both, but for me it's flipped. White Dress has grown on me, but something was just off to my ears at first. It's not a favorite still, but again, it's growing on me. I like Fingertips moreso for the lyrics than anything, but the vocals fit the emotion/style and idk why it's different for me really though, but it is. 

36 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

to work on what ? another piano ballad ? :awkney:

WW was a set up, i know Mike Dean is more than that. :pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing