Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Hide contents

thank you!!! i’m also looking forward to kintsugi, such a beautiful concept and title, and the few lyrics we have of it are already shaking my whole brain. i expect it to complement fingertips somehow. 

also, even the title “fingertips”…. so simple, so effective. perfectly describes the whole song. i really love when songs have a title that is not song throughout the whole thing, or when it’s just something mentioned in the verses (like video games too), it really makes you look into the song more and think of why such a specific choice was made.

for me, fingertips is just perfect because it’s such a small detail of the human body but it’s that one detail that allows us to do so many things. every touch starts from the fingertips…

i wonder what made her choose it as a title! like if there’s some kind of deeper meaning behind it or if she was literally just touching some random plastic bags while trying to get someone’s attention lol 

OK I’M DONE

Spoiler

This comment isn't meant to compare or generalize female singer songwriters or disparage Lana's previous works by any means, Lana has plenty of amazing tracks of similar caliber so far in her career, but in my opinion, Fingertips is the song closest to the BEST works of other game changing female singer songwriters such as Tori Amos, Björk, Fiona, and Kate Bush. It just has that spark of true greatness. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:
  Hide contents

:grinds: candy necklace on my pussy

don't you wnna open me up?

candy necklace on my pussy

:hawt:

don't you wanna lick me out

Spoiler

fav one so far :agree:

Spoiler

I really dig Fingertips

Spoiler

But I wish it had gone just a step further, one more instrument, or element, or even vocal motif. It plateaus. Still fantastic and as ever hope she continues to push this side of her.

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Come to think of it, Sweet reminds me a bit of this:

Spoiler

Yessss Sweet is really giving Broadway musical vibes to me

1 hour ago, Three White Butterflies said:
  Hide contents

some of ya'll are so annoying with your descriptions. What does christian music sound like? Creed? Switchfoot? Flyleaf? OR are you referring to Gospel? Church music? Christian is not a good descriptor. Just because she mentions the word "pastor" or "god" doesn't make it a christian song.

Spoiler

To me the production and the Melodie’s remind me of church hymns I heard growing up in churches

Edited by fishtails
Placed in spoiler

2 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Y'all keep talking about Dan, Rick & Emile but the real question is: When will she work with Mike Dean MORE?

to work on what ? another piano ballad ? :awkney:

Just now, trailerparkdream said:

To me the production and the Melodie’s remind me of church hymns I heard growing up in churches 

Spoiler

Yeh Id defo say theres gospel influences, same way as in the end of Tunnel 

I really want more in the style of Jimmy, like that part is so chaotic and so good. Imagine if we had an entire album in a weird, trap beat heavy trip hop sound, it'd just be totally different from what we expect from Lana at this point. Like fuck. I think that's what caught me off guard with the Jimmy part because the AW part is so good and beautiful too and showcases that automatic writing style from her that we're gonna hear more of on this album but Jimmy literally switched everything up and then we were all shook. Like people warned us to expect something and we were still shook. I want more surprises, I love that she did that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

sometimes i feel like i'm being gaslit on this forum... Lana's vocals on songs like Sweet and Fingertips sound SO BAD to me, she's not actually a soprano, she's a mezzo and a lot of her super high notes she has been doing sound so...shrill. I really can't tell if it's the mixing, but I feel like it must be, because her vocals on White Dress never bothered me:crai:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

to work on what ? another piano ballad ? :awkney:

you might hate me for this but the crackly drums in wildflower wildfire are one of the most exciting pieces of production we’ve had in years 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

sometimes i feel like i'm being gaslit on this forum... Lana's vocals on songs like Sweet and Fingertips sound SO BAD to me, she's not actually a soprano, she's a mezzo and a lot of her super high notes she has been doing sound so...shrill. I really can't tell if it's the mixing, but I feel like it must be because her vocals on White Dress never bothered me:crai:

Spoiler

I fear I agree.. not the biggest fan of her high notes especially when idk wtf she’s saying but still it’s cute she’s cute.. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Spoiler

the new candy necklace "snippet" lmfao girl go take your meds

original.jpg

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

1 minute ago, Get Drunk said:

you might hate me for this but the crackly drums in wildflower wildfire are one of the most exciting pieces of production we’ve had in years 

badly mixed/oversaturated drums being a productional highlight somebody take us out of our misery NOW :toofunny:

I adore Fingertips as it is. I listen to Violet just as much as her studio albums - I love what Jack and Lana did musically on that album, even just to back the poetry, so to get a full 6 minute track out of that same sound is ... heaven.

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

sometimes i feel like i'm being gaslit on this forum... Lana's vocals on songs like Sweet and Fingertips sound SO BAD to me, she's not actually a soprano, she's a mezzo and a lot of her super high notes she has been doing sound so...shrill. I really can't tell if it's the mixing, but I feel like it must be, because her vocals on White Dress never bothered me:crai:

i mean people on here try to make us believe she sounds good on arcadia so :rip:

but enough of those boring flops WHERE is her 9th magnum opus ? can the leakers get off their asses and work ?