Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’ve been trying to avoid listening to more leaks but does Grandfather really sound like Christian music? I definitely hear that vibe on a few of the leaked tracks but wasn’t expecting it on that one. 

Spoiler

It does sound spiritual. On the Grants she details the advice given to her by her pastor, there's the choir women, the Judah Smith interlude, I think religion/spirituality will be a running motif through the record. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

MAC and Grandfather sound very similar to me:um2: Grandfather feels unfinished though...like it needed another minute to really have an impact on me

Lana has spoiled us when 4 minute songs feel too short and unfinished :trisha:

1 hour ago, Future Jazz said:

i'm going on a small trip from thursday to sunday, a trip which i had planned in order to associate the album with a new place and create beautiful memories but of course it got postponed so i really hope this leaks before thursday morning otherwise i won't be able to listen to it until sunday night and this is going to kill me :bebe:

i always do that:legend:

i actually love solar power cause i went glamping the day after it got released 

Spoiler

did anyone else think the kinstugi snippet was fake at first because it sounds like that one fake snippet people would use? the one where it's a girl who sounds like Lana and it's extremely muffled

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

some of ya'll are so annoying with your descriptions. What does christian music sound like? Creed? Switchfoot? Flyleaf? OR are you referring to Gospel? Church music? Christian is not a good descriptor. Just because she mentions the word "pastor" or "god" doesn't make it a christian song.

faSE.gif

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

did anyone else think the kinstugi snippet was fake at first because it sounds like that one fake snippet people would use? the one where it's a girl who sounds like Lana and it's extremely muffled

Spoiler

Some people said it's legit because it had a few lines that Kintsugi teased, but I never even found it... :bebe: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

30 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:
  Hide contents

You guys are confused, Let The Light In was the song they compared to MAC not Grandfather (they also compared it to religion, if I'm not mistaken)

I stand corrected. 

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Has grandfather leaked? Without the tags? Or we still talking about Rosepee exclusive? 

I've only heard the tagged version, but it is possible to make out a good deal of the song from it. 

1 minute ago, Three White Butterflies said:
  Hide contents

some of ya'll are so annoying with your descriptions. What does christian music sound like? Creed? Switchfoot? Flyleaf? OR are you referring to Gospel? Church music? Christian is not a good descriptor. Just because she mentions the word "pastor" or "god" doesn't make it a christian song.

Spoiler

When I say Christian, I’m talking about Christian Contemporary Music. Like Hillsong-y, which I do get from the RIOPY sample. I would describe songs like the Grants as more gospel/uplifting and traditional. As someone who grew up going to the Catholic Church, it’s just easier to describe them as Christian sounding, though I’m describing most of them as spiritual instead. I do agree that though we should be more descriptive  

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, plastiscguy said:
  Hide contents

Some people said it's legit because it had a few lines that Kintsugi teased, but I never even found it... :bebe: 

Spoiler

it's definitely real, it was hard to find because it was under a different track name, but she was clearly singing the lyrics that Kintsugi teased

24 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

MAC and Grandfather sound very similar to me:um2: Grandfather feels unfinished though...like it needed another minute to really have an impact on me

YEEAAAAA, the epic part of the song lasts a few seconds, if it had been prolonged those trumpets and that electric guitar would have ATE the song 

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

it's definitely real, it was hard to find because it was under a different track name, but she was clearly singing the lyrics that Kintsugi teased

Spoiler

But since the lyrics were already teased this could be anyone singing? I don't know if I found the right snippet but it sounds so LQ it could be anyone that sounds somewhat similar to Lana.

Spoiler

depending on how VB is sampled.. i think taco truck might make it into my top 10 Lana songs ever:krylie:

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Reveal hidden contents

But since the lyrics were already teased this could be anyone singing? I don't know if I found the right snippet but it sounds so LQ it could be anyone that sounds somewhat similar to Lana.

Spoiler

well let me just upload it to AHA real quick and we can see:clapback:

6 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

they probably meant they are christian-sounding cus they are... i mean the intro to grants is pure gospel. it's further amplified by her mentioning heaven. and idk about anyone else but the chorus of sweet is giving me the melody/ambient of something that would be played at church during Christmas time. i go to church and these were my first personal associations, it doesn't have to be the same for everyone else. I know it's not christian music cus I know she did not intend it to be sung at church or for worshiping god or whatever, but it's very reminiscent of that contemporary gospel genre and I'm pretty sure that what people are trying to say

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*