Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

if the album leaks this friday, i’m going to be really torn on whether or not i’m going to wait til the 24th, or listen to it on the 10th. the only reasons i’d listen to the leak is because i preordered the album twice and it was the OG release date :um2:

trying to find cons of listening to the leak but idk i’m having a hard time deciding.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Spoiler

MAC and Grandfather sound very similar to me:um2: Grandfather feels unfinished though...like it needed another minute to really have an impact on me

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

and also, I don't understand the obsession with comparing Lana's current music with her past songs. I guess it could be for a reference point, but I can assure you that 

Spoiler

none of these songs sound like anything she's done in the past except Ocean Blvd sharing a similar chord progression to IYLDWM. I promise you! When someone asked me the other day for songs the leaked tracks sound similar to, I genuinely struggled, because Lana is truly exploring new territory here and the mellowness of the tracks doesn't change that fact.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

MAC and Grandfather sound very similar to me:um2: Grandfather feels unfinished though...like it needed another minute to really have an impact on me

exactly, too short :true:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

me turning up on that site and seeing nothing considerable leaked

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Just now, Fingertips said:

and also, I don't understand the obsession with comparing Lana's current music with her past songs. I guess it could be for a reference point, but I can assure you that 

Reveal hidden contents

none of these songs sound like anything she's done in the past except Ocean Blvd sharing a similar chord progression to IYLDWM. I promise you! When someone asked me the other day for songs the leaked tracks sound similar to, I genuinely struggled, because Lana is truly exploring new territory here and the mellowness of the tracks doesn't change that fact.

Spoiler

tbh, grandfather is the only song out of the leaks that sounds like another Lana song/album to me. Even the "trap/pop" songs don't really sound like any of Lana's previous works in those genres

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't like that obsession either :true:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

EXACTLY! I can't think of past songs that are similar to the new ones, I just can't think of any.

13 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Is there any editor here? :tanisha: It would be awesome to make an album trailer with the leaked snippets and post it on that website :blush:

We are so deprived, that was her thing and then she decided it wasn't anymore. Maybe the album trailers fitted in that "world building" narrative. :pft:

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

tbh, grandfather is the only song out of the leaks that sounds like another Lana song/album to me. Even the "trap/pop" songs don't really sound like any of Lana's previous works in those genres

Spoiler

that's totally valid! I hear you. My brain just isn't making any connection between Grandfather and a previous track just yet; totally nothing wrong for thinking that though :true:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

exactly, too short :true:

Spoiler

it's seriously such a beautiful song it really is too short:crai: i feel like it builds up and then just ends so suddenly even though there is an outro :ohno:

4 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

if the album leaks this friday, i’m going to be really torn on whether or not i’m going to wait til the 24th, or listen to it on the 10th. the only reasons i’d listen to the leak is because i preordered the album twice and it was the OG release date :um2:

trying to find cons of listening to the leak but idk i’m having a hard time deciding.

My friend is coming into town on the week of the 24th and we've always listened to Lana's releases together. So she's the only reason I'm still holding on :bebe:

Spoiler

Grandfather is absolutely way too short and it does feel like it ends abruptly, I 100% agree with that 

Spoiler

I’ve been trying to avoid listening to more leaks but does Grandfather really sound like Christian music? I definitely hear that vibe on a few of the leaked tracks but wasn’t expecting it on that one. 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

only the melody in the beginning of Fingertips reminds me much of Bartender

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents

only the melody in the beginning of Fingertips reminds me much of Bartender

Spoiler

This one I can kind of hear for sure!

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Grandfather is absolutely way too short and it does feel like it ends abruptly, I 100% agree with that 

Spoiler

I think it’s kinda cool that it ends a few moments after it’s big build up. Makes you wanna listen to it over and over again, which i will be doing it once we properly have it.

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:
  Hide contents

I’ve been trying to avoid listening to more leaks but does Grandfather really sound like Christian music? I definitely hear that vibe on a few of the leaked tracks but wasn’t expecting it on that one. 

Spoiler

no, it's more of a nfr-type track imo

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

It’s very spiritual. I’d say the *christian* sound comes from the sample itself, but it gives me new age-y vibes from the production Jack did. It reminds me a bit of God Turn Me Into a Flower by Weyes Blood (even if it sounds almost nothing like it) with its effects towards the end

sgopYhV.gif

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

We need Grandfather (10-Hour Mix) :true:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: