Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

15 minutes ago, barttttender said:

i agree the word "outgrow" is super shady and unnecessary. Conversely, i don't think lana is "outgrowing" her fans. 

It's just that her new style is a less popish and more piano heavy, and not for everyone. Some will like it a lot, some won't. But no one is "outgrowing" anyone. It's just a different style, that's all.

Lana really is down that singer-songwriter path she always was on but might not have been as apparent at first. Agree 💯 with what you said: it’s not for everyone. 
but for me, it is incredible, to be able to hear such songs, especially the new ones with the orchestra. It’s when I try to get back to pure pop that I find it boring, soulless and manufactured  (for example: Miley’s latest really didn’t do much for me :pft:; I really thought it followed the recipe to female pop singers putting out a breakup album. No tea no shade towards her or anyone who loved it though)

52 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Lana really is down that singer-songwriter path she always was on but might not have been as apparent at first. Agree 💯 with what you said: it’s not for everyone. 
but for me, it is incredible, to be able to hear such songs, especially the new ones with the orchestra. It’s when I try to get back to pure pop that I find it boring, soulless and manufactured  (for example: Miley’s latest really didn’t do much for me :pft:; I really thought it followed the recipe to female pop singers putting out a breakup album. No tea no shade towards her or anyone who loved it though)

Glad it's working out for you. I'll wait for the full album to reserve my judgement, as I think everyone should. Nobody should reach any conclusions based on The Grants or the singles alone. After all, Lana more of  an album artist than a single artist, (like Miley is, no shade).

the way we wouldn't have had blue banisters if cocc and ocean blvd didnt exist like

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 hour ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Okay, so I was thinking.. and sorry to bring up the “surprise” again.. I know how hostile it makes everyone :omfg2:

but on the radio 1 post before lanas interview.. every comment was asking about tour.. and that’s also a pretty standard question.. but it wasn’t asked. Maybe it was considered but lanas team said not to ask as it’s going to be announced later. Hence the tease “and what else, I’m sure SHE’LL let us know soon.. because they want the announcement from her.

and now the “for the fans”.. the tour is a full visual show.. think Roger waters the wall shows which are incredible.

being Delulu because I’m seeing roger waters again this year so it’s at the forefront of my mind 

If she doesn’t come to Australia when she tours next I’m gonna lose my mind 😭

25 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

the way we wouldn't have had blue banisters if cocc and ocean blvd didnt exist like

Isn’t it the opposite? We wouldn’t have Ocean Blvd if the other two didn’t exist? :stareney2:

4 hours ago, ivory almond said:

Just in case the album or more songs leak before release date, I wanna quote my first ever post on here and compare with today. 

Mods pls don't move this to the designated thread, ik im being annoying but this was my first post on LB, so it's special, now here is my final ranking and colors prediction:

1. Kintsugi — 10/10

I feel like because this album is so diverse, it's hard to rank because each song has its own thing

stopped reading there sorry babe :um2:

The Grants… 

- True, some of the lyrics could complement Yes to Heaven (although the Grants’s lyrics are way superior)

Spoiler

I get the Funerals! reference Kintsugi mentioned about the song, but the Weddings! one? Did I miss something? :stareney2: 

Just now, Americen Whore said:

Oh now what’s that supposed to mean? :wtf3:

He doesn’t like that song, he loves pretty much the rest but not that one.

mmmmm the random Kintsugi shade makes me laugh.  :thumb3:

but i have a feeling i'm going to love her... :flutter:

i always tend to stan an underrated/ignored track each album

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

mmmmm the random Kintsugi shade makes me laugh.  :thumb3:

but i have a feeling i'm going to love her... :flutter:

if you don’t want to be spoiled of anything about the song, then don’t open the spoiler tag…

Spoiler

I heard some short snippets of the songs to come and Kintsugi’s was very short and was perhaps the one I wasn’t as curious to hear to rest, compared  to the rest that are all :oprah2:  Piano, beautiful lyrics but the line delivered didn’t suck me in instantly.

but it was like 15 seconds so I probably will be eating my words once the album is out.